Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   17372 views

Description

Does hero editor work directly with D2R save files?
Description by crocorinho

Can be used to make Runewords:

Does hero editor work directly with D2R save files?
As far as I'm aware: yes. However, this probably only works on offline characters. If it doesn't work, you could theoretically make a character in legacy d2, import it into hero ed, modify it with whatever, then import it into D2R. If there are any safeguards to detect this during importation into D2R offline characters, I'm not aware of them (I have not tried it, nor do I have any desire to do so). Cheating is bad yo.

Note: Even if you could somehow access your online character files in D2R, I would NOT recommend trying this, because you would probably get banned really fast on new battle.net.

xxx 0

"As far as I'm aware: YES. However, this PROBABLY only works on offline characters. If it DOESN'T work"

For people reading the immature bullshitter's reply above, the actual answer is NO, it doesn't.

EnragedN3wb 187Moderator

PC
xxx wrote: 2 years ago
"As far as I'm aware: YES. However, this PROBABLY only works on offline characters. If it DOESN'T work"

For people reading the immature bullshitter's reply above, the actual answer is NO, it doesn't.
They may have been wrong about it working on D2R characters directly, but that doesn't make them an "immature bullshitter" & he's completely right that you can indeed use hero editor to modify single player legacy D2 characters & then import them to D2R by moving the save files. I just tested this myself to be sure. It will not work online because you can only import characters to single player D2R, but that's not exactly news, as hero editor has never worked on (closed)Bnet, & open Bnet no longer exists in D2R.

Also cheating is bad, but that doesn't mean using hero editor is inherently bad. I used it all the time in Legacy D2 to test out builds before wasting loads of runes & time on them online. Nothing wrong with that.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...