Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   1565 views

Description

The game will still align you to a grid, and you will still path to grid areas just like the original. On controller, there is no path-finding (due to tighter analog controls).

Barbarian pathing to grid in Durance of Hate.

Blizzard wrote:
The original game only had so many sprites to render your rotation - so you'd have your character and they're rendered out at so many angles, and the monsters even less, but you could actually walk at greater directions - you have i think it was 64 different squares around you that you'd path to and you'd have feet sliding - we've increased that so that now there's more granularity - obviously its 3d so your character can still run straight.

But underneath the hood this is a game made back when the inspiration was tabletop games and so the game is a grid - so - it still respects that grid. On the controller will still allow you to move amounts because you push the stick a little bit, but you're still either in a run state or a walk state, stamina is still a thing, so once again all that game logic is all being driven by the old game. That hasn't changed.

Rob Gallerani - Lead Designer 10:05 19th Feb 2021
Just like the frame rate conservatism they've even kept the isometric grid movement. This game is going to feel so authentic with the two combined. Like Gallerani said we'll be able to 'feel' it if it were done in any other way.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Stormlash 340Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
The game will still align you to a grid, and you will still path to grid areas just like the original. On controller, there is no path-finding (due to tighter analog controls).

Barbarian pathing to grid in Durance of Hate.

Blizzard wrote:
The original game only had so many sprites to render your rotation - so you'd have your character and they're rendered out at so many angles, and the monsters even less, but you could actually walk at greater directions - you have i think it was 64 different squares around you that you'd path to and you'd have feet sliding - we've increased that so that now there's more granularity - obviously its 3d so your character can still run straight.

But underneath the hood this is a game made back when the inspiration was tabletop games and so the game is a grid - so - it still respects that grid. On the controller will still allow you to move amounts because you push the stick a little bit, but you're still either in a run state or a walk state, stamina is still a thing, so once again all that game logic is all being driven by the old game. That hasn't changed.

Rob Gallerani - Lead Designer 10:05 19th Feb 2021
Just like the frame rate conservatism they've even kept the isometric grid movement. This game is going to feel so authentic with the two combined. Like Gallerani said we'll be able to 'feel' it if it were done in any other way.

Very cool.

I wish they would implement a Force Move-hotkey option as a quality of life and to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome from holding down the right mouse
Key

Xpk since 2000
I really wonder if duels will be affected in any ways. Especially on consoles.
From looking at the Alpha and Beta, Controllers seem to be better in every way (especially the number of skills, switching to different skills, turning around/changing direction while moving) minus teleportation, inventory management and choosing the bodies to want to attack/explode/
Revive

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...