Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   1229 views

Off-topic discussion: Favourite games/ARPGs besides Diablo?

No data yet

Description

Since there are no subforums yet I hope it's okay to post things like this here?
Just looking to get some discussion going because I'm too excited for D2R not to be on this site constantly for the foreseeable future.

Anyways onto the post: what are everyone's favourite games and/or ARPGs (besides the Diablo games of course)?

For me, my favourite game series is the Soulsborne games: including Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1-3, and Bloodborne. Bloodborne specifically was probably my favourite game of the 2010 decade. And Elden Ring is my most anticipated 2022 release so far.

As for ARPG "Diablo-clones" specifically: I would say Grim Dawn. I have a soft spot in my heart for Titan Quest and I was surprised to hear it got 2 new expansions just a couple years back, but I've heard they were unfortunately lack-luster. Grim Dawn is just such a smoother, modern experience with the same dual-class formula. Last Epoch is my most anticipated ARPG when it finally comes out of early access.

Can be used to make Runewords:

DrBob 27

Sorceress Americas PC
Since there are no subforums yet I hope it's okay to post things like this here?
Just looking to get some discussion going because I'm too excited for D2R not to be on this site constantly for the foreseeable future.

Anyways onto the post: what are everyone's favourite games and/or ARPGs (besides the Diablo games of course)?

For me, my favourite game series is the Soulsborne games: including Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1-3, and Bloodborne. Bloodborne specifically was probably my favourite game of the 2010 decade. And Elden Ring is my most anticipated 2022 release so far.

As for ARPG "Diablo-clones" specifically: I would say Grim Dawn. I have a soft spot in my heart for Titan Quest and I was surprised to hear it got 2 new expansions just a couple years back, but I've heard they were unfortunately lack-luster. Grim Dawn is just such a smoother, modern experience with the same dual-class formula. Last Epoch is my most anticipated ARPG when it finally comes out of early access.
Other than Diablo 2 my favorite game has to be WarCraft 2: Battle.net Edition. Had so much fun playing that RTS game! I liked playing it more than StarCraft! They still have a dedicated server for it that og War2 players still play, and some new players every now and then. server.war2.ru

There's a couple games I acquired right around the same time as Diablo and Diablo 2 that I still enjoy to this day;

Nox
Arcanum
Sacred

They're a little bit quirky and interesting and I'd say in regards to Sacred, just as unique and responsible for innovation. I highly recommend these to anyone and find myself playing them once every year or two.

In terms of modern ARPGs it's gotta be Path of Exile and Grim Dawn.

BMAY 526

Assassin Americas PC
I cant get into any Diablo clones because they're just not Diablo..

I play a very wide range of games though. Worms WMD is good mindless fun. Civilization VI is good sink all-day into a strategy game fun. Borderlands series is good shoot 'em and loot 'em fun....

ARPGs

Dark Souls series
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

DIABLO CLONES

Marvel Heroes Omega (literally Marvel Diablo)
Vikings - Wolves of Midgard (a lesser
Diablo Clone
)

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*

BMAY 526

Assassin Americas PC
IronLesbian wrote: 2 years ago
Marvel Heroes Omega (literally Marvel Diablo)
I miss this game. I hope they do another version. Or better yet, another X-Men legends just like it.

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
WhirLWinD wrote: 2 years ago
my favorite game has to be WarCraft 2
:O. mine is WC3. before they butchered it. lol

I love playing custom mini map games on bnet. Tower defense, dota, WMW. Had endless hours of fun.

Teebling 5799Admin

Europe PC
Warcraft 3, Starcraft 2, World of Warcraft, EvE Online, Age of Empires (all of them). :)

OP

DrBob 27

Sorceress Americas PC
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
WhirLWinD wrote: 2 years ago
my favorite game has to be WarCraft 2
:O. mine is WC3. before they butchered it. lol

I love playing custom mini map games on bnet. Tower defense, dota, WMW. Had endless hours of fun.
My girlfriend loved WC2 but I guess I just skipped over it because by the time I was old enough to be playing games WC3 was out. I also loved playing WC3 custom maps. I probably have thousands of hours in TDs, various RPGs, party games, maze runners, etc. I'm not as big of a fan of the PVP aspect of RTS, though.
Junglegoose wrote: 2 years ago
There's a couple games I acquired right around the same time as Diablo and Diablo 2 that I still enjoy to this day;

Nox
Arcanum
Sacred

They're a little bit quirky and interesting and I'd say in regards to Sacred, just as unique and responsible for innovation. I highly recommend these to anyone and find myself playing them once every year or two.

In terms of modern ARPGs it's gotta be Path of Exile and Grim Dawn.
Arcanum is great, I was actually thinking of replaying it recently but I'm currently trying to finish Pathfinder WotR before D2R drops. I loved the magic/tech dichotomy in Arcanum. Silverfall was an ARPG with the same dichotomy which I also really liked growing up but it probably hasn't aged as gracefully as Arcanum has.
Path of Exile was great and I have a ton of hours in it but I haven't enjoyed some of the changes they've made in recent years, which one of the big reasons I've been replaying/reminiscing other ARPGs recently and why I'm really excited for D2R.
I'm a massive fan of Knights of the Old Republic.

m00 9

Necromancer Americas PC
I also played a billion hours of SC:BW back when my friends and I would get done with school, get in ICQ, and get into some comp stomps.
Another RPG game that I love would be Final Fantasy. (especially VII and IX)
Star Wars KOTOR is also great!

Kylie 28

Paladin Americas PC
Krythic wrote: 2 years ago
Did you see the remake that they are doing for kotor? It's a PS/PC exclusive. Xbox isn't getting it and Aspyr is the one doing it. EA/Bioware aren't even touching it. I'm excited for it.

My favourite game besides of Diablo 2 is Heroes of the Storm. I also love the RPG games Gothic, Gothic 2 and Gothic 3 and the "diablo-like" games: Path of Exile, Last Epoch, Grim Dawn, Titan Quest and Wolcen... so many games xD

"Evil has survived. A dark figure wanders in the East. He must be stopped at all costs."
Kylie wrote: 2 years ago
Krythic wrote: 2 years ago
Did you see the remake that they are doing for kotor? It's a PS/PC exclusive. Xbox isn't getting it and Aspyr is the one doing it. EA/Bioware aren't even touching it. I'm excited for it.

Yep!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation