Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   11775 views

Description

@moonlit recently posted a build for an MF Zon utilizing the M'avina's set, which actually was something I had planned ahead as well. Our builds differ, so I thought I would share mine as well for ideas.

I usually try to build my characters around moderately quickly achievable levels. So I aim for completed builds at or below level 90. The extra 9 or more skill points usually go towards synergies of some sort. That being said, I too have planned out a "M'avazon" build.

Feel free to edit and tweak to your liking. Skill wise I have 2 versions depending on your preference. Even with a base level 1 skill your end
Pierce
percentage will be around 70-75% which is more than enough without
Razortail
for this build, so keep that in mind.

Level 87-90: Variant 1 (
Valkyrie
Version) This version is what I plan to use, requires level 87, technically 90 if you max
Valkyrie
but 87 is enough. After the
Valkyrie
reaches level 17 you can choose to max it over the next few levels, or start pumping
Pierce
Penetrate
, and
Critical Strike
. Keep in mind that your
Freezing Arrow
doesn't benefit from
Penetrate
or
Critical Strike
, but your
Multiple Shot
and
Guided Arrow
do. Overall you benefit from a beefy
Valkyrie
and will end up with a 24 arrow
Multiple Shot
after a few charms.
Guided Arrow
will be used to handle most bosses in combination with your Mercenary.

Level 84: Variant 2 (Dual Element Version) This alternative version requires level 84 and drops
Guided Arrow
along with
Valkyrie
in favor of splitting elements between
Freezing Arrow
and
Exploding Arrow
. You lose a bit of single target damage sacrificing
Guided Arrow
, but you can easier deal with cold immunes thanks to
Exploding Arrow
. Once your synergies are maxed, feel free to start adding points to
Pierce
or other skills of your choosing. This build still uses
Multiple Shot
, but the value of
Critical Strike
and
Penetrate
are much less because you will be using
Multiple Shot
far less due to having two other forms of AoE between
Freezing Arrow
and
Exploding Arrow
. Feel free to drop
Multiple Shot
from the build entirely if you wish to invest more skill points into
Pierce
. Anyway, let's move on.

With a few easy to get charms, the build aims for the 52% FHR breakpoint, and an additional 10% run/walk to compensate for the heavier armor class. You'll need two small 5% FHR charms, and 12% FHR on a grand charm to hit the 52% breakpoint. The run/walk can be achieved by a 3% small charm, and a 7% grand charm. Secondary mods won't matter on these, but aim for useful secondary stats if possible. The main goal is to reach those breakpoints.

Since you'll be running with M'avina's Battle Hymn you are limited in options in a number of slots. You can play around A LITTLE bit but not too much since you will require 20% more IAS from either a
Shael
rune or an amulet to hit the 89% attack speed breakpoint, sadly a 15% IAS jewel won't help you here.
Highlord's Wrath
or
The Cat's Eye
depending on your preference if you're not running a
Shael
'd bow. If you choose to use
Shael
in your bow, you can run with
Crescent Moon Amulet
or
Atma's Scarab
, yet again preference. That being said, if you do run with a IAS amulet, you can use a
Nef
rune in your bow for knockback, or slot in a
Perfect Skull
for some extra leech. An
Ist
Rune in your bow is another solid option if you want some extra Magic Find. Since this build lacks significant leech, you will probably want to have an alternative bow and amulet setups to swap to depending on the situation. Such as a
Atma's Scarab
or
The Cat's Eye
and Sheal bow, with a
Crescent Moon Amulet
in the stash for when you need additional survivability. Some things won't require having a lot of leech, while other areas will. Ideally this build will work the best with a nice Dual Leech Ring, but you don't NEED one. You can use a
Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
to great effectiveness with this build too.

The basic stats and gear is as follows:

STR: Enough for gear
DEX: Enough for gear
VIT: YES
ENE: NO

You could alternatively choose to run a split between energy and vitality since your mana pool will be shallow. Or you could run limited vitality and heavily invest in dexterity for some additional damage. Keep in mind that the Amazon heavily favors the vitality stat so you can make the most of it with heavy investment. Plus you're going to be kind of squishy as it is. Lot's of choice here honestly, the stats are very flexible. As for the gear...

Weapon:
M'avina's Caster
*(Socket:
Shael
Rune -or-
Nef
Rune -or-
Perfect Skull
-or-
Ist
Rune)
Helmet:
M'avina's True Sight
**(Socket:
Perfect Topaz
-or-
Ist
Rune -or-
Cham
Rune)
Armor:
M'avina's Embrace
(Socket:
Perfect Topaz
-or-
Ist
Rune -or-
Um
Rune)
B elt:
M'avina's Tenet

Gloves:
M'avina's Icy Clutch

Bo ots:
War Traveler
(Magic Find) -or-
Gore Rider
(Power) -or-
Goblin Toe
(Budget)
Amulet: *
Crescent Moon Amulet
-or-
Atma's Scarab
-or-
Highlord's Wrath
-or-
The Cat's Eye
-or-
The Eye of Etlich
(Budget)
Ring 1: **
Raven Frost
(Required without
Cham
'd Helmet)
Ring 2:
Carrion Wind
-or-
Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
-or-
Manald Heal
(Budget) -or-
Cathan's Seal
(Budget) -or- Dual Leech Ring

*Your amulet and weapon socket will vary based on which corresponding thing you have chosen.
**If you use a
Cham
Rune in your helmet, you can swap out the
Raven Frost
for another ring of your choice.

Your Mercenary will be from Act 2 Nightmare, Offensive with the Might aura.

Weapon:
Hone Sundan
(Sockets:
Shael
Shael
Amn
)
Helmet:
Andariel's Visage
(Socket: 15% IAS Jewel)
Armor: Treachery

Hone Sundan
gives your mercenary 45% Crushing Blow. He will be your boss damage, during bosses you will become support. With
Andariel's Visage
and Treachery along with a 15% IAS jewel he will meet the highest breakpoints with a
Yari
or
Ghost Spear
. Ideally you want Ethereal versions of all 3 items, and an upgraded
Hone Sundan
. Between your
Valkyrie
from the first build variant and your mercenary he should be quite self sustaining. A decently good damage with up to 17% Life Leech. If you find his survivablity is acceptable without the
Amn
Rune, feel free to socket something else. However the only real alternatives are a
Ber
rune, which adds negligible damage since his Crushing Blow chance is already good enough or an
Um
Rune. Mercenaries do not benefit from a
Mal
Rune's Prevent Monster Heal since it can only be applied by the player character.

You can also feel free to scrap this entire Mercenary and use an Insight, you'll need to recalculate the breakpoints for his attack and
Jab
though depending on his weapon. Another option would be to use an Infinity, especially if you decided to go with the second build variant and wish to take advantage of dual element types. Your mercenary in this regard is a yet another flexible part of the build.

Overall this build for being an M'avina's based build and fairly budget, will get the job done. It's capable of Hell
Chaos Sanctuary
and pretty much all other areas with varying player counts. Your charms other than the ones mentioned initially are very flexible. You'll want to be carrying a
Gheed's Fortune
Annihilus
, and
Hellfire Torch
EVENTUALLY, but they aren't needed. The initial skill point distribution takes the additional +4 skills into account, however until you get your end game charms, you can supplement your skills with a few other skill charms of preference. Aim for resistance, life, mana, and max damage/attack rating charms as inventory space allows.

Here is an example of the first skill allocation at level 87 after +3 from Fletcher's charms, the +1 from
Annihilus
, and +3 from
Hellfire Torch
bonuses have been accounted for. If you want 2% more
Pierce
, feel free to swap 1 Fletcher's charm for an Acrobatic passive charm. Doing so however will require an additional point in
Multiple Shot
to maintain the 24 arrow max. Feel free to experiment with skill charms here. Your total MF won't be anything near a dedicated MF build, but you'll have enough to feel comfortable hunting without feeling like you're missing out as long as you're running with
War Traveler
's and
Gheed's Fortune
. You should be hovering around 230% MF in total plus or minus a few charms or a
Perfect Topaz
or two if you decided to socket
Cham
or
Um
Runes in their place. Rare rings can also add some additional magic find if you have some that meet the other requirements for your chosen setup. Hopefully between @moonlit's build, and mine someone can put together something really interesting.
Description by UnrivaledPiercer

Can be used to make Runewords:

@moonlit recently posted a build for an MF Zon utilizing the M'avina's set, which actually was something I had planned ahead as well. Our builds differ, so I thought I would share mine as well for ideas.

I usually try to build my characters around moderately quickly achievable levels. So I aim for completed builds at or below level 90. The extra 9 or more skill points usually go towards synergies of some sort. That being said, I too have planned out a "M'avazon" build.

Feel free to edit and tweak to your liking. Skill wise I have 2 versions depending on your preference. Even with a base level 1 skill your end
Pierce
percentage will be around 70-75% which is more than enough without
Razortail
for this build, so keep that in mind.

Level 87-90: Variant 1 (
Valkyrie
Version) This version is what I plan to use, requires level 87, technically 90 if you max
Valkyrie
but 87 is enough. After the
Valkyrie
reaches level 17 you can choose to max it over the next few levels, or start pumping
Pierce
Penetrate
, and
Critical Strike
. Keep in mind that your
Freezing Arrow
doesn't benefit from
Penetrate
or
Critical Strike
, but your
Multiple Shot
and
Guided Arrow
do. Overall you benefit from a beefy
Valkyrie
and will end up with a 24 arrow
Multiple Shot
after a few charms.
Guided Arrow
will be used to handle most bosses in combination with your Mercenary.

Level 84: Variant 2 (Dual Element Version) This alternative version requires level 84 and drops
Guided Arrow
along with
Valkyrie
in favor of splitting elements between
Freezing Arrow
and
Exploding Arrow
. You lose a bit of single target damage sacrificing
Guided Arrow
, but you can easier deal with cold immunes thanks to
Exploding Arrow
. Once your synergies are maxed, feel free to start adding points to
Pierce
or other skills of your choosing. This build still uses
Multiple Shot
, but the value of
Critical Strike
and
Penetrate
are much less because you will be using
Multiple Shot
far less due to having two other forms of AoE between
Freezing Arrow
and
Exploding Arrow
. Feel free to drop
Multiple Shot
from the build entirely if you wish to invest more skill points into
Pierce
. Anyway, let's move on.

With a few easy to get charms, the build aims for the 52% FHR breakpoint, and an additional 10% run/walk to compensate for the heavier armor class. You'll need two small 5% FHR charms, and 12% FHR on a grand charm to hit the 52% breakpoint. The run/walk can be achieved by a 3% small charm, and a 7% grand charm. Secondary mods won't matter on these, but aim for useful secondary stats if possible. The main goal is to reach those breakpoints.

Since you'll be running with M'avina's Battle Hymn you are limited in options in a number of slots. You can play around A LITTLE bit but not too much since you will require 20% more IAS from either a
Shael
rune or an amulet to hit the 89% attack speed breakpoint, sadly a 15% IAS jewel won't help you here.
Highlord's Wrath
or
The Cat's Eye
depending on your preference if you're not running a
Shael
'd bow. If you choose to use
Shael
in your bow, you can run with
Crescent Moon Amulet
or
Atma's Scarab
, yet again preference. That being said, if you do run with a IAS amulet, you can use a
Nef
rune in your bow for knockback, or slot in a
Perfect Skull
for some extra leech. An
Ist
Rune in your bow is another solid option if you want some extra Magic Find. Since this build lacks significant leech, you will probably want to have an alternative bow and amulet setups to swap to depending on the situation. Such as a
Atma's Scarab
or
The Cat's Eye
and Sheal bow, with a
Crescent Moon Amulet
in the stash for when you need additional survivability. Some things won't require having a lot of leech, while other areas will. Ideally this build will work the best with a nice Dual Leech Ring, but you don't NEED one. You can use a
Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
to great effectiveness with this build too.

The basic stats and gear is as follows:

STR: Enough for gear
DEX: Enough for gear
VIT: YES
ENE: NO

You could alternatively choose to run a split between energy and vitality since your mana pool will be shallow. Or you could run limited vitality and heavily invest in dexterity for some additional damage. Keep in mind that the Amazon heavily favors the vitality stat so you can make the most of it with heavy investment. Plus you're going to be kind of squishy as it is. Lot's of choice here honestly, the stats are very flexible. As for the gear...

Weapon:
M'avina's Caster
*(Socket:
Shael
Rune -or-
Nef
Rune -or-
Perfect Skull
-or-
Ist
Rune)
Helmet:
M'avina's True Sight
**(Socket:
Perfect Topaz
-or-
Ist
Rune -or-
Cham
Rune)
Armor:
M'avina's Embrace
(Socket:
Perfect Topaz
-or-
Ist
Rune -or-
Um
Rune)
B elt:
M'avina's Tenet

Gloves:
M'avina's Icy Clutch

Bo ots:
War Traveler
(Magic Find) -or-
Gore Rider
(Power) -or-
Goblin Toe
(Budget)
Amulet: *
Crescent Moon Amulet
-or-
Atma's Scarab
-or-
Highlord's Wrath
-or-
The Cat's Eye
-or-
The Eye of Etlich
(Budget)
Ring 1: **
Raven Frost
(Required without
Cham
'd Helmet)
Ring 2:
Carrion Wind
-or-
Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
-or-
Manald Heal
(Budget) -or-
Cathan's Seal
(Budget) -or- Dual Leech Ring

*Your amulet and weapon socket will vary based on which corresponding thing you have chosen.
**If you use a
Cham
Rune in your helmet, you can swap out the
Raven Frost
for another ring of your choice.

Your Mercenary will be from Act 2 Nightmare, Offensive with the Might aura.

Weapon:
Hone Sundan
(Sockets:
Shael
Shael
Amn
)
Helmet:
Andariel's Visage
(Socket: 15% IAS Jewel)
Armor: Treachery

Hone Sundan
gives your mercenary 45% Crushing Blow. He will be your boss damage, during bosses you will become support. With
Andariel's Visage
and Treachery along with a 15% IAS jewel he will meet the highest breakpoints with a
Yari
or
Ghost Spear
. Ideally you want Ethereal versions of all 3 items, and an upgraded
Hone Sundan
. Between your
Valkyrie
from the first build variant and your mercenary he should be quite self sustaining. A decently good damage with up to 17% Life Leech. If you find his survivablity is acceptable without the
Amn
Rune, feel free to socket something else. However the only real alternatives are a
Ber
rune, which adds negligible damage since his Crushing Blow chance is already good enough or an
Um
Rune. Mercenaries do not benefit from a
Mal
Rune's Prevent Monster Heal since it can only be applied by the player character.

You can also feel free to scrap this entire Mercenary and use an Insight, you'll need to recalculate the breakpoints for his attack and
Jab
though depending on his weapon. Another option would be to use an Infinity, especially if you decided to go with the second build variant and wish to take advantage of dual element types. Your mercenary in this regard is a yet another flexible part of the build.

Overall this build for being an M'avina's based build and fairly budget, will get the job done. It's capable of Hell
Chaos Sanctuary
and pretty much all other areas with varying player counts. Your charms other than the ones mentioned initially are very flexible. You'll want to be carrying a
Gheed's Fortune
Annihilus
, and
Hellfire Torch
EVENTUALLY, but they aren't needed. The initial skill point distribution takes the additional +4 skills into account, however until you get your end game charms, you can supplement your skills with a few other skill charms of preference. Aim for resistance, life, mana, and max damage/attack rating charms as inventory space allows.

Here is an example of the first skill allocation at level 87 after +3 from Fletcher's charms, the +1 from
Annihilus
, and +3 from
Hellfire Torch
bonuses have been accounted for. If you want 2% more
Pierce
, feel free to swap 1 Fletcher's charm for an Acrobatic passive charm. Doing so however will require an additional point in
Multiple Shot
to maintain the 24 arrow max. Feel free to experiment with skill charms here. Your total MF won't be anything near a dedicated MF build, but you'll have enough to feel comfortable hunting without feeling like you're missing out as long as you're running with
War Traveler
's and
Gheed's Fortune
. You should be hovering around 230% MF in total plus or minus a few charms or a
Perfect Topaz
or two if you decided to socket
Cham
or
Um
Runes in their place. Rare rings can also add some additional magic find if you have some that meet the other requirements for your chosen setup. Hopefully between @moonlit's build, and mine someone can put together something really interesting.
I’m getting the feeling that we’re going to be trying so many configurations of this build. I’ll probably end up with like 4 instances of Mavs bow, armor, and
Diadem
, each socketed differently. E.g. one all cold facets, one
Ist
Topaz
Topaz
, one with
Ohm
in bow. And prolly will end up resetting skill points a bunch of times along the way! Good luck!
Holy shit this is an amazing build. It looks so hard to create though.

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*
OP
moonlit wrote: 2 years ago
I’m getting the feeling that we’re going to be trying so many configurations of this build. I’ll probably end up with like 4 instances of Mavs bow, armor, and
Diadem
, each socketed differently. E.g. one all cold facets, one
Ist
Topaz
Topaz
, one with
Ohm
in bow. And prolly will end up resetting skill points a bunch of times along the way! Good luck!
For sure. I have 4 more builds ready to make guides out of. A 3-piece hybrid element Tal Rasha's Wrappings MF Sorc, a melee Passion and dual Dream enchantress Sorc, a pure physical
Windforce
and Faith based Bowazon, and a hybrid
Blade Of Ali Baba
MF Gold Find Barbarian. I just haven't written everything up yet. Usually they're cookie cutter with a twist somehow. So many new things to do in resurrected, the wait is ALMOST over.
IronLesbian wrote: 2 years ago
Holy shit this is an amazing build. It looks so hard to create though.
Actually this is the most budget of the ones I mentioned above. The hardest part of this M'av build I'd say would be to get
War Traveler
's. A lot of the rest can be done really budget with items I listed in the other categories. I'm still fairly confident than M'avina's set pieces will be fairly cheap, because not very many people utilize them. The mercenary for example can be almost anything as long as you're getting the Might aura. His equipment doesn't matter, and can be substituted for quite a few things.
Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
instead of
Andariel's Visage
, a variety of weapons, Treachery is cheap, but even
Duriel's Shell
would work fine for a good while. Out of the whole M'av set, the most expensive piece would probably be
M'avina's True Sight
the rest should be cheap.
UnrivaledPiercer wrote: 2 years ago
For sure. I have 4 more builds ready to make guides out of. A 3-piece hybrid element Tal Rasha's Wrappings MF Sorc, a melee Passion and dual Dream enchantress Sorc, a pure physical
Windforce
and Faith based Bowazon, and a hybrid
Blade Of Ali Baba
MF Gold Find Barbarian. I just haven't written everything up yet. Usually they're cookie cutter with a twist somehow. So many new things to do in resurrected, the wait is ALMOST over.
Sounds like a blast. I only wish I had time to run several chars to endgame but will have enough fun just with an Amazon since I’ve never made one before and since respeccing changes everything really, much less likely to get bored (or frustrated) when we have the option of resetting skills and stats any time! Plus I like that Amazon benefits so much from higher levels in terms of just increasing chance to hit, phys damage, etc. The builds in this class rely on a healthy mix of skills, gear, and stats…depending on the details of the build.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation