Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
20 replies   4039 views

Will you be playing 'classic' (pre-LoD) Resurrected?

You may select 1 option

Total votes: 54

Description

Just interested in seeing how many of you guys will be playing 'classic' D2, that is, D2 Resurrected but the pre-Expansion version?

What will be the strangest thing for someone going back to it having never played anything but LoD?

For anyone wondering, yes, pre-LoD D2 Resurrected will be available. Confirmed here:
Blizzard wrote:
Yes, we are going to be including both the base Diablo 2 and the expansion Lord of Destruction as well.
Andre Abrahamian - Lead Designer
Cast your votes! :)
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Just interested in seeing how many of you guys will be playing 'classic' D2, that is, D2 Resurrected but the pre-Expansion version?

What will be the strangest thing for someone going back to it having never played anything but LoD?

For anyone wondering, yes, pre-LoD D2 Resurrected will be available. Confirmed here:
Blizzard wrote:
Yes, we are going to be including both the base Diablo 2 and the expansion Lord of Destruction as well.
Andre Abrahamian - Lead Designer
Cast your votes! :)

I will be playing Lord of Destruction first but I will definitely create at least one character in Classic at some point. Must be fun !
When this all fired up and I decided to get back into diablo 2 to get prepared for d2r release I started with the original d2 for a week or two.

I then wanted to see if my classic bnet issues were related to not having LOD (before I read about vpn issues and the such).

I bought LOD, and never lookin back.
I would only play classic if it was an older pre-synergies patch. It feels very wrong playing classic with skill synergies, and also kills off a lot of the old viable classic builds.
I'll be playing Classic but I'm sort of with Selexin as it is going to feel a bit cheapened. I'm hoping they adjust for us purists. The only reason I'll be playing LoD is because of friends. My heart is with the rares and the limited options. I love Vanilla WoW, old school D3 with the
Inferno
difficulty, and so on. Not that anything is wrong with the games being updated, but I'm an old soul at heart. I miss the days where games were made and there was no difficulty slider or cohesiveness. Just plug and play and go.
Junglegoose wrote: 2 years ago
I love Vanilla WoW, old school D3 with the
Inferno
difficulty, and so on. Not that anything is wrong with the games being updated, but I'm an old soul at heart. I miss the days where games were made and there was no difficulty slider or cohesiveness. Just plug and play and go.
I stopped gaming after season 3 in D3. I went hard though, when I came back to D3 during season 22... I got to 450 hours of playing in 2 hours. It was a whole new game.

Stormlash 343Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
I voted LoD only but since we are not getting Ladder on Launch (maybe) I might go Classic...

Yeah, think I'll be going LoD, but as others have mentioned will people fire up a classic character to do a play through.
With the ladder delay, I might dip my feet in classic for fun until the LOD ladder starts.

Deleted User 632 0

yea it's a good time to test out classic. looks like classic still get the small size stash though.
One of the best things about Classic and the small stash is you don't have to worry about charms and runes and such. It still sucks it won't be bigger but it's not that bad. I kinda liked muling anyway. I felt like it brought people together and gave an opportunity for platonic trading and discussion.
I haven’t touched classic since LOD released, so I remember little.

I’ve been doing a deep dive researching classic builds, and a ww barb seems like it will be a lot of fun!
WW Barb is a great class and you really don't need a lot of gear to be successful. I think one of the best parts is in later patches the Oblivion Knights no longer cast
Iron Maiden
, so you have almost no fear of Death aside from running out of mana.

A lot of players end up using
Bonesnap
well into their 80s or 90s because it performs better than any
Executioner Sword
or
Ancient Axe
, and only a
Martel de Fer
above 250 top-end outperforms it. You can find one in Normal and just WW away for literally weeks and find tons of great gear.

Lances have the best potential for damage, but without a bonus durability stat, they are quite annoying having only 25 durability.
Junglegoose wrote: 2 years ago
WW Barb is a great class and you really don't need a lot of gear to be successful. I think one of the best parts is in later patches the Oblivion Knights no longer cast
Iron Maiden
, so you have almost no fear of Death aside from running out of mana.

A lot of players end up using
Bonesnap
well into their 80s or 90s because it performs better than any
Executioner Sword
or
Ancient Axe
, and only a
Martel de Fer
above 250 top-end outperforms it. You can find one in Normal and just WW away for literally weeks and find tons of great gear.

Lances have the best potential for damage, but without a bonus durability stat, they are quite annoying having only 25 durability.
I’m sold! Spin to win baby!

Also your icon isn’t lost on me, it’s perfect.

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I hadn't even considered playing vanilla D2. I remember the expansion opening up 800x600 resolution and never looked back. Not having my inventory full of charms actually seems kind of nice...

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
I hadn't even considered playing vanilla D2. I remember the expansion opening up 800x600 resolution and never looked back. Not having my inventory full of charms actually seems kind of nice...
The charms drive me mad. I want them all, but they want all my space.
i'll probably try it just for fun as I've never really attempted it before, but mainly LoD.
ewby wrote: 2 years ago
i'll probably try it just for fun as I've never really attempted it before, but mainly LoD.
I find I can't live without charms XD. That was one of my and still is favorite things.
LoD all the way all day

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*
I play on release whem im 10 y old :) and still play it !

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation