Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
51 replies   1962 views

Description

Stay a while and listen!

Background: This site is amazing and the community is wonderful! Because of d2io I have been able to accumulate quite a bit of Wealth. I much prefer trading over the actual act of playing d2, I know I'm one of those weirdos πŸ˜‹. Now I feel I'm in a good position to give back. I teamed up with @jazman, who provided everything but the
Jah
runes (well he also provided one
Jah
lol) for this small event. So please give them a huge
Shout
out, seriously. The prizes would have been boring without him.

Eligibility: Your account must have been created before this posting AND your hearts received plus your trade trust received must be equal to, or greater than 10. I understand this might be a bit controversial. Both jazman and I strongly want these spoils to go to people who are active in the community.
Edit Note: I encourage players of all platforms to participate. There are enough active people here who can transfer between PC and console.

Contest: What is the single highest skill level number, for a single skill, that can be legitimately displayed on each character class's skills tab? (For example: is level 38
Charge
the skill with the highest number that can be displayed for the Paladin ?). So pick a class and come up with the craziest combination of items that gives the most plus to a skill that you can think of! These items can include plus to all skills, plus to skill trees, and plus to individual skills.
Note: I do not know what the answer is, nor am I going to try and figure it out. I will simply pick the highest submission as the winners.

Rules:
  • Only ONE submission per person (not one submission per class)
  • Please don't google it, use your creativity!
  • No editing your submission once it's been posted
  • Must include a build proving how you got to that skill number and what the skill is. Can be a typed-out list of gear, charms, skills used or can be a maxroll screenshot (NO LINK)
  • Legitimate build only. A build that would pass the bnet online servers check. No hero editor, hacked, fused (I know these can theoretically legitimately spawn, but I'm creating the rules here), or any other non-sense items.
  • You cannot duplicate someone's post. However, if someone picks a skill, and you can make that skill a higher number with a different build you can submit that.
  • The giveaway/contest will run from the time it is posted to 27 May 2024 1000 PST
Winner Selection: There will be 7 winners, one winner for each character class. The submission with the highest skill depicted for that character class will win. Each winner will get to pick one prize from each prize group. The winner with single highest skill submitted (regardless of character class chosen) will win the grand prize which is TWO prizes from each prize group. If there is a tie between two character classes, then the earlier submission of the two will break the tie. The prize selections will go in order of submittal date, except for the grand prize who will get to pick first. Once this ends, it will take me a few days to sort through the winners, and verify if the math from the builds check out. Please be patient.

Prizes:
Group A: Group B:
  • Cold Facet (-5/+4 Die) (1x)
Group C:
  • Poison Facet (-5/+4 Die) (1x)
  • T-gods (194ed) (1x)
  • Bul-Kathos Ring (4ll) (4x)
  • Bul-Kathos Ring (3ll) (1x)

Disclaimer: This is all in good fun and I've probably written bad rules with loopholes. Please don't exploit any potential loopholes. Good luck and don't forget to include your +1 to skills from Call To Arms πŸ˜‰
Description by Knappogue

Can be used to make Runewords:

Stay a while and listen!

Background: This site is amazing and the community is wonderful! Because of d2io I have been able to accumulate quite a bit of Wealth. I much prefer trading over the actual act of playing d2, I know I'm one of those weirdos πŸ˜‹. Now I feel I'm in a good position to give back. I teamed up with @jazman, who provided everything but the
Jah
runes (well he also provided one
Jah
lol) for this small event. So please give them a huge
Shout
out, seriously. The prizes would have been boring without him.

Eligibility: Your account must have been created before this posting AND your hearts received plus your trade trust received must be equal to, or greater than 10. I understand this might be a bit controversial. Both jazman and I strongly want these spoils to go to people who are active in the community.
Edit Note: I encourage players of all platforms to participate. There are enough active people here who can transfer between PC and console.

Contest: What is the single highest skill level number, for a single skill, that can be legitimately displayed on each character class's skills tab? (For example: is level 38
Charge
the skill with the highest number that can be displayed for the Paladin ?). So pick a class and come up with the craziest combination of items that gives the most plus to a skill that you can think of! These items can include plus to all skills, plus to skill trees, and plus to individual skills.
Note: I do not know what the answer is, nor am I going to try and figure it out. I will simply pick the highest submission as the winners.

Rules:
  • Only ONE submission per person (not one submission per class)
  • Please don't google it, use your creativity!
  • No editing your submission once it's been posted
  • Must include a build proving how you got to that skill number and what the skill is. Can be a typed-out list of gear, charms, skills used or can be a maxroll screenshot (NO LINK)
  • Legitimate build only. A build that would pass the bnet online servers check. No hero editor, hacked, fused (I know these can theoretically legitimately spawn, but I'm creating the rules here), or any other non-sense items.
  • You cannot duplicate someone's post. However, if someone picks a skill, and you can make that skill a higher number with a different build you can submit that.
  • The giveaway/contest will run from the time it is posted to 27 May 2024 1000 PST
Winner Selection: There will be 7 winners, one winner for each character class. The submission with the highest skill depicted for that character class will win. Each winner will get to pick one prize from each prize group. The winner with single highest skill submitted (regardless of character class chosen) will win the grand prize which is TWO prizes from each prize group. If there is a tie between two character classes, then the earlier submission of the two will break the tie. The prize selections will go in order of submittal date, except for the grand prize who will get to pick first. Once this ends, it will take me a few days to sort through the winners, and verify if the math from the builds check out. Please be patient.

Prizes:
Group A: Group B:
  • Cold Facet (-5/+4 Die) (1x)
Group C:
  • Poison Facet (-5/+4 Die) (1x)
  • T-gods (194ed) (1x)
  • Bul-Kathos Ring (4ll) (4x)
  • Bul-Kathos Ring (3ll) (1x)

Disclaimer: This is all in good fun and I've probably written bad rules with loopholes. Please don't exploit any potential loopholes. Good luck and don't forget to include your +1 to skills from Call To Arms πŸ˜‰

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
OP
Current Winner's List (full detailed breakdown on page two of this thread)

Grand Prize @Necrarch Level 62
Bone Armor
Necromancer (tie breaker was the time of submission) (Prizes Received)
2nd Place @Dromar186 Level 62
Claws of Thunder
Assassin (Prizes Received)
3rd Place @krathkor Level 58
Frenzy
Barbarian (tie breaker was the time of submission) (Prizes Selected)
4th Place @Nikanu Level 58 Armagedon Druid (Prizes Received)
5th Place @mohoo Level 56
Lightning Fury
Amazon (Prizes Received)

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

Necrarch 1775Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Hmm, makes lots to think of, but great initiative ! Thanks mate !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

TheDoo 321

Europe PC
Here goes nothing... My guess would be:

Class: Sorceress
Skill:
Inferno

Max skill count: 56 with CtA (55 without CtA on swap)
Picture: Gear: Flickering Flame,
Ormus' Robes
+3
Inferno
Magefist
Arachnid Mesh
, 2x SoJ, +3 Fire amulet, Leaf in +3
Inferno
staff, Anni, Torch, 9x Fire Skillers, CtA

Nice giveaway and splendid idea! However, unfortunately, I think some classes have enormous advantages to fight for the ultimate prize. :(
Good luck everyone and have fun! :)

P.S. Heck I made a mistake on accident, don't know if this edit will count even tho nobody saw it (I put the wrong picture). :((((

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
skill -
Frenzy

cta 1
combat skillers 9
torch 3
anni 1
Fury 5
Fury 5
Enigma 2
Master's magic barb
Helm
w. +3
Frenzy
staffmod 6
maras 2
bk ring 1
bk ring 1
ik
Boots
Belt
gloves 2

total 38

38 + 20 hard points = lvl 58
Frenzy

apparently barb combat skills do now spawn on amulets...
OP
TheDoo wrote: 1 week ago
Nice giveaway and splendid idea! However, unfortunately, I think some classes have enormous advantages to fight for the ultimate prize. :(
Good luck everyone and have fun! :)
I agree that some classes have advantages over other's, there where the "submit first" comes into play. This is the most fair way I could think of. There were enough prizes to do 8 winners, I really wanted there to be 8 character classes, but no dice.
TheDoo wrote: 1 week ago
P.S. Heck I made a mistake on accident, don't know if this edit will count even tho nobody saw it (I put the wrong picture). :((((
That is fine, since no one posted a submission between your post and edit πŸ˜„

TheDoo 321

Europe PC
Sorry for double post but I know for sure that there is a class that can easily beat my score for the ultimate/double prize... Now I left some room to see if someone figures it out because it's gonna be fun to follow this thread and see who comes up with that solution. I just wanted to play a bit with the numbers, not expecting to win anything, but know for sure this is not the highest a single skill can go in general. :D

Sooooo gooood luck people! :D

Edit: Big shoutout to @jazman as well (dunno how I forgot to write that, whooopsies)!!!

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
OP
krathkor wrote: 1 week ago
"Do not*" or "do now"?

Knappogue wrote: 1 week ago
"Do not*" or "do now"?
"do not" , from
Arreat Summit
Here to congratulate you for the nice contest idea and to thank you for spreading the Wealth. :)

All my trades are Non Ladder.
Usually available between 7 and 11 pm during the week (UTC+02:00 time) and most of the day on weekends.

Mixed trades:
Hel
= 6
Perfect Gems

Perfect Amethyst
= 4
Perfect Gems

Ral
= 2
Perfect Gems

Perfect Skull
= 2
Perfect Gems
I guess it's barbarian and
Battle Orders

What i am sure:
Now, the following items i really don't know if they are the most skills possible, so i'm running a chance here.
Total: 20 hard points + 32 from gear = 52.

mohoo 25

Europe PC
Congrats for this nice contest ! :-)

I give it a try !

Amazon /
Lightning Fury

Rare Javelins +6 Java Skills (Lancer's
Matriarchal Javelin
)
Spirit Shield +2 all skills
Rare lancer's gloves +3 JS
Thundergod's Vigor
+3
Lightning Fury

Harlequin Crest
+2
Enigma +2
Mara's Kaleidoscope
+2
Stone of Jordan
x2 +2
9 skiller charms + Torch + Anni = +13
Battle Command
+1
Base Skill 20

Total 56

Necrarch 1775Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I'll go on with my beloved necro.

Skill :
Bone Armor

> Skill points 20
> CtA 1
> Skill shrine 2 (who thought of that one ?)
> 9 skillers + torch + anni : 13
That's 36 out of the gear itself that any class can reach.

White with +3
Bone Armor
base : 9
Any +2 armor (Enigma / CoH...) : 2
Venomous necro head with + 3
Bone Armor
base : 6
Venomous amulet : 3
Venomous
Circlet
: 3
Arach : 1
Double SoJ / BK : 2
Gloves /
Boots
do not bring anything

On gear : 26

For a total of level 62 on
Bone Armor
. :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
How about an Assassin? With
Dragon Flight
or whatever other Martial Arts ability.

9x Shogukusha's Grand Charms = 9
Anni & Torch = 4
2 Mosaics with +3
Dragon Flight
each = 10
Arachnid's Mesh = 1
2x
Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
= 2
+3 Martial Arts amulet = 3
+2 Martial Arts gloves = 2
Chains of Honor = 2

That's +32 from inventory for Lv 52
Dragon Flight
or
Blades of Ice
or whatever!

I'm going to edit because I was a dope and forgot headpiece! Disqualify me if you must :)

+3 from Martial Arts
Tiara
= 55
Dragon Flight
, and I didn't even think about skill shrine or CTA on swap for another +3 to 58. Good call previous posters :)
Another edit: I realized I only had +2 martial arts gloves... what a dummy. Should be 60, but whatever, I suck at math XD

Hardcore mode is my jam. Played a lot of D1. Played D2 from its release till about 2010, then lots of D3 for most of the 2010's. 29 year Magic: the Gathering player. 12 year League of Legends player.
OP
Necrarch wrote: 1 week ago
> Skill shrine 2 (who thought of that one ?)
I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to come up with the +2 from Skill Shrine 😁

Skill :
Bone Armor

Bone Armor
lol this site's skill tool only goes to 60...
Would go with
Skeleton Mastery
Necro:

9 Skiller
3 torch
1 anni
7 White (3 in base)
6 necro shield (3 in base, 3 summoning)
3 blue amulet
2 rings (soj, bul kathos)
2 armor (Enigma, etc.)
3 blue helmet
1 arachs
Marrowwalk

=39

20 from skill points
=59

3 shrine+cta
=62

EDIT since necro was already taken, kudos! :)

And since I edited I'm of course out and happily so, it was just a nice thought exercise. Next best I can think of would be an assa build as shown below (if that turns out well enough to win something, anyone feel free to pick it up!)

Will be interesting to see how the thread continues and what other builds people will come up with :)

Good luck to everyone!

Fist of Fire Assassin:

9 Skiller
3 torch
1 anni
10 dual Mosaic (3 in each base)
3 blue amulet
2 rings (soj, bul kathos)
2 armor (Enigma, etc.)
3 Flickering Flame helmet
1 arachs
3 blue gloves
=37

20 from skill points
=57

3 shrine+cta
=60
OP

Skill :
Bone Armor

Bone Armor
lol this site's skill tool only goes to 60...
That was actually the nexus of this giveaway lol

I just made my first Chaos ever (including LoD), so I'm good, thank you.

TheDoo 321

Europe PC

Skill :
Bone Armor
There ya go, that's The One! :D Congrats Mr. Necro-master! Weeell, I guess another one would be with SM since you can incorporate
Boots
as well there, but IIRC it's a tie (I made those calculations long time ago xd)... :)
P.S. A hint for someone else that comes after me, if you can't find any other skill and equipment combo that can go further than 58 (so 59+) for Sorc, just use mine and add +2 from Skill shrine if that counts. :D Good luck to whoever sees this first I guess. :P

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...