Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
125 replies   3066 views

Description

Hello and Welcome to another instalment of Tales from a Bowmancer, only this time it will be True. Or in other words, no level skipping or help from other online players. Yup, this will be a Solo Self-Found Bows Only Necromancer run! And like all great Tales, this one shall come with a Twist. Thought if I allow myself access to skeletons it would feel more like a glorified summoner run..

So I've decided No Skeletons Nor Mages for this Run and as for Revives, Bows Only Monsters can be Revived. And of Course Act 1 only Mercenary shall be joining me along with my good friend Clayface The
Clay Golem
. This will be the only way to make this feel like a True Bowmancer run. But wait, there's a 2nd twist! This will also be a Kill Them All Run!! That's right, I've also decided it would be challenging to go around and clear every area to rid of All Evil through out the game! I can't wait any longer, so let's get started!

The Rules:
BOWS ONLY - Crossbows included, Necro MUST Wield a Bow at ALL Times; Mercenary also. No Summons unless they too wield a Bow with exception to
Clay Golem
; No Other Golems.
-- Am also allowing myself access to
Corpse Explosion
Bone Armor
/Walls/Prison and ALL Curses; Cause I still wanna feel like a Necro at the end of the day
SOLO, SELF-FOUND - Offline Gameplay, No Access to previously found Gear, Jewels, Gems, Runes, Gold and Anything Found must Remain on this Character
CLEAR ALL - Must go through every area, cave, portal to find and destroy All Monsters on every Difficulty (Daunting I know, but gonna need XP plus fun to explore)
THE GOAL - Reach Level 80+ and Complete Hell Difficulty

The Prep:
Well for starters, this being the 2nd run gives a big advantage granting Insight on what to expect and what works best for most situations. However that run relied on a pile of already farmed up Bows, charms etc. So last night did some research on all the Runewords that will be possible to craft as well this morning investigated all areas containing Bow wielding monsters for
Revive
. And that's pretty much it. The rest is simply using my knowledge and experience from previously made Necros, this being the 11th one made on D2R (+1 for classic LOD)

The Prizes:
Correctly Guess 1st Unique Bow and You Win -
Ist

Correctly Guess 1st Cause of Death Wins You -
Ist

-- No Guesses can be the Same
-- Prizes will be on Soft-Core Non-Ladder only

DAY 1: Begins . . .
Description by Soultego

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello and Welcome to another instalment of Tales from a Bowmancer, only this time it will be True. Or in other words, no level skipping or help from other online players. Yup, this will be a Solo Self-Found Bows Only Necromancer run! And like all great Tales, this one shall come with a Twist. Thought if I allow myself access to skeletons it would feel more like a glorified summoner run..

So I've decided No Skeletons Nor Mages for this Run and as for Revives, Bows Only Monsters can be Revived. And of Course Act 1 only Mercenary shall be joining me along with my good friend Clayface The
Clay Golem
. This will be the only way to make this feel like a True Bowmancer run. But wait, there's a 2nd twist! This will also be a Kill Them All Run!! That's right, I've also decided it would be challenging to go around and clear every area to rid of All Evil through out the game! I can't wait any longer, so let's get started!

The Rules:
BOWS ONLY - Crossbows included, Necro MUST Wield a Bow at ALL Times; Mercenary also. No Summons unless they too wield a Bow with exception to
Clay Golem
; No Other Golems.
-- Am also allowing myself access to
Corpse Explosion
Bone Armor
/Walls/Prison and ALL Curses; Cause I still wanna feel like a Necro at the end of the day
SOLO, SELF-FOUND - Offline Gameplay, No Access to previously found Gear, Jewels, Gems, Runes, Gold and Anything Found must Remain on this Character
CLEAR ALL - Must go through every area, cave, portal to find and destroy All Monsters on every Difficulty (Daunting I know, but gonna need XP plus fun to explore)
THE GOAL - Reach Level 80+ and Complete Hell Difficulty

The Prep:
Well for starters, this being the 2nd run gives a big advantage granting Insight on what to expect and what works best for most situations. However that run relied on a pile of already farmed up Bows, charms etc. So last night did some research on all the Runewords that will be possible to craft as well this morning investigated all areas containing Bow wielding monsters for
Revive
. And that's pretty much it. The rest is simply using my knowledge and experience from previously made Necros, this being the 11th one made on D2R (+1 for classic LOD)

The Prizes:
Correctly Guess 1st Unique Bow and You Win -
Ist

Correctly Guess 1st Cause of Death Wins You -
Ist

-- No Guesses can be the Same
-- Prizes will be on Soft-Core Non-Ladder only

DAY 1: Begins . . .

All Trades are Negotiable. Long Live
Nihlathak
OP
You may notice this Necro is missing a
Wand
. Looks like I've got to start by looking for chest and find stuff to sell or get super lucky and score my 1st Bow!

Nihlathak
OP
After running around opening every chest, turning every last Stone. Found enough to Purchase the 1st Bow

Nihlathak
OP
I've also Failed to mention, will mostly be following the guides/playstyle of how one would play as a Bone Necro. For those wondering what tactics, guide to follow

Nihlathak
OP
Must admit, definitely drawing some inspiration from Shadowhearts HC Runs here sharing my Adventure with you guys. Hence the familiarities ..
Now Lets SLAY!

Nihlathak
OP
Level 2 - Spending 1st point on
Amplify Damage

Nihlathak
OP
Say Hello to Clayface! Right off the bat got chased down by group of Spearwoman with an Elite and
Flavie
wasn't much help.. Hopefully Clayface does a better job keeping them off my back

Nihlathak
OP
Not sure I ever seen a level 1 Rare Amulet before ..

Nihlathak
OP
Oh Boy, Looks like
Coldcrow
knew my Birthday was coming up!

Nihlathak
OP
Cold Plains
and Cave Levels 1 and 2 has been Cleared! Also made a new friend in Town, Say Hello to Elly. Onwards to
Blood Raven
!

Nihlathak
OP
Sorry
Blood Raven
but this Cemetery just isn't big enough for the .. Bowth of us

Nihlathak
getting ahead of things but...
normal
Duriel
? no skellies?
OP
krathkor wrote: 1 week ago
getting ahead of things but...
normal
Duriel
? no skellies?
Thank you for reminding me. Flashback to the 1st Bowmancer playthrough where Durial made short work of Clayface and Mercenary with me nearly included. The solution was putting unspent points into
Golem Mastery
and farming up to level 26 for
Life Tap
and couple new unique bows. However this time there is no Bows waiting for me in the stash. But do believe the Insight can be made around that level so that'll be the plan

Nihlathak

ShadowHeart 1955Moderator

Europe PC
You can do it sooner. In my ongoing hardcore SSF playthrough, as a Necromancer, I defeated
Duriel
at level 22. I did have skellies but for that fight they were mostly a distraction. I just kept re-summoning the
Clay Golem
, and the merc eventually wore him down.
Duriel
's AI seems to focus solely on the
Clay Golem
, so as long as you keep re-summoning it (
Duriel
may one shot it if it's low level) he won't even look twice at your merc. Bring lots of Mana Potions :P and remember to feed the merc (and yourself) several thawing potions before going in, so in case
Duriel
does attack him, he can take a few hits at least.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
On my way to Cain and this Fell into my Lap .. already found two 2os
Cap
and two 2os
Quilted Armor
as well!

Nihlathak
OP
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 week ago
You can do it sooner. In my ongoing hardcore SSF playthrough, as a Necromancer, I defeated
Duriel
at level 22. I did have skellies but for that fight they were mostly a distraction. I just kept re-summoning the
Clay Golem
, and the merc eventually wore him down.
Duriel
's AI seems to focus solely on the
Clay Golem
, so as long as you keep re-summoning it (
Duriel
may one shot it if it's low level) he won't even look twice at your merc. Bring lots of Mana Potions :P and remember to feed the merc (and yourself) several thawing potions before going in, so in case
Duriel
does attack him, he can take a few hits at least.
I was gonna have a look at your 2nd HC Run during my Dinner Break. Am Excited to see how the Necro holds up. Already know my prediction. 100% Complete! ha

and Thank you for the Tips!

Nihlathak

ShadowHeart 1955Moderator

Europe PC
Oh and forgot say - Good luck! 😄

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
Cain was Saved but wasn't in time for poor
Griswold
. RIP Old Friend

Nihlathak
OP
Not bad for 1st Count kill. 2x
Ral
was a nice .. Bownus? Time to Farm up Runes!

Nihlathak

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...