Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   574 views

Description

Offline blizzard sorc and thinking "oh I guess I can try some high lvl zones and quit running
Pindleskin
". Ran
Swampy Pit Level 1
and wow. Even with a
Stormshield
it just wasn't worth it, at least not at p8. Going to have to make a hammerdin to
Dodge
immunities and Death lol. Swampy Pits are brutal!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Offline blizzard sorc and thinking "oh I guess I can try some high lvl zones and quit running
Pindleskin
". Ran
Swampy Pit Level 1
and wow. Even with a
Stormshield
it just wasn't worth it, at least not at p8. Going to have to make a hammerdin to
Dodge
immunities and Death lol. Swampy Pits are brutal!
Yep don't go there very often myself.
Honestly the A3 dungeons are probably some of my least favorites in the game. Bone children, the overall atmosphere, very tight corridors, not great imo. I'm sure there's probably some reason to go down there (other than questing) just not sure what it is.

Schnorki 3199Moderator

PC
Would probably make sense to stick to ones without cold immunes until you find a sunder in those. At least solve that problem.

Beyond that..yeah, the A3 dungeons are a bit of a pain.
Flayer Jungle
though...glorious. :D
Swampy Pit and Flayer Dungeon may be worth it because of:

- High Density of Flayers
- Presence of Willowisps/Specters that have a higher chance to drop runes/charms/jewels

Should be noted that this requires a ranged char (got best results with FoH-Pala) absolute endgame stuff (
Teleport
et al.) and a still cautious playing style

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
Agree about flayer dungeon, swampy pit i maybe ventured into 2-3 times in my life no point since its not part of the quest. One more area thats even more annoying that is definetley maggot lair, especially melee characters have hard time clearing tight spaces and when your early leveling in normal or nm it just takes ages to finish.
Yes, Maggot Lair is a pain in the A. without tele, but more an annoying than a dangerous one: 75% Lightning Resist and the Scarab's sparks stop being a threat. But there are some other, "don't go there in HC" areas that came to my mind:

-
Abaddon
: Depending on minion setup, this is rather challenging. Dolls and succubi are an example for such combination
-
Icy Cellar
: Both Willowisps and Dolls may spawn here in close quarters, making this similar to the mentioned A3 Dungeons
-
Frozen River
: Willowisps. Not that hard as the above mentioned, imo
-
Claw Viper
Temple: Without enough HP/FHR, tele around gets heavily punished here by Might/Fanatism packs

Honorable mentions goes to
Worldstone Keep Level 2
Throne of Destruction
, Durance of Hate, Sewers (Act3),
Plains of Despair
and
Great Marsh
, but compared to the areas above, there is plenty of room to
Dodge
Willowisps or flee dolls

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.

mhlg 871

Americas PC
I've not had an issue in the Swampy Pit, Flayer Dungeon, or the Durance of Hate with my Javazon, largely because of the Phoenix runeword shield. What I dislike most about the Flayer Dungeon and the Swampy pit is that they're too mazy. Sometimes you have to hedge your way through an entire level just get to the room you were standing next to.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

ShadowHeart 1794Moderator

Europe PC
mhlg wrote: 1 week ago
What I dislike most about the Flayer Dungeon and the Swampy pit is that they're too mazy. Sometimes you have to hedge your way through an entire level just get to the room you were standing next to.
That should only be on the lowest level (level 3). Levels 1-2 have very distinct layouts, always shaped like a square, and the exit is always a left turn vs where you came down. If you want clear a whole floor most efficiently stick to your right along the square. And I would just skip level 3 entirely if I was running those dungeons.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
DragyDragy wrote: 1 week ago
One more area thats even more annoying that is definetley maggot lair, especially melee characters have hard time clearing tight spaces and when your early leveling in normal or nm it just takes ages to finish.
I would consider that a pro for melee, keeping enemies in a chokepoint so only one at a time can hit you. Not like melee has any splash damage that makes the tight corridors annoying unless if you're a DTail assassin maybe. It is admittedly a slog but I think that's just cause melee tends to struggle with physical damage at that point and you're not able to run around stuff to skip it.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...