Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   519 views

Description

I did ubers, one game after the other. All password protected.
Then in one game there was this guy in red in
Harrogath
He stood next to me when I started the game:
He would not move, I have no mercenary and there were no other people in the game.
I pressed O but nothing opened.

I thought this must be some state that is not intended so I quit and started another game.
And then he was gone.

Anybody had this before? Is this a weird bug?
Who is that??

EDIT:
I am sure I had no merc alive at this point, I never use him.
I even still have this normal-merc: When I resurrected him in the next game he indeed looks like that guy: still very weird that he appeared and just stood there like a ghost.
Description by Heiko

Can be used to make Runewords:

I did ubers, one game after the other. All password protected.
Then in one game there was this guy in red in
Harrogath
He stood next to me when I started the game:
He would not move, I have no mercenary and there were no other people in the game.
I pressed O but nothing opened.

I thought this must be some state that is not intended so I quit and started another game.
And then he was gone.

Anybody had this before? Is this a weird bug?
Who is that??

EDIT:
I am sure I had no merc alive at this point, I never use him.
I even still have this normal-merc: When I resurrected him in the next game he indeed looks like that guy: still very weird that he appeared and just stood there like a ghost.
Maybe you hired him on accident...

But I will note that in act 5, sometimes when I join games I will see a random mercenary falling and dying, turning invisible and fading into the floor. I'm guessing either he is someone's stored mercenary being hidden under the level to be quickly teleported to location when revived, or possibly used as an object for some other purpose. An "object" can be anything placed in a game world by a game designer, and often hidden objects can be used as a visual representation for something that usually isn't visible. Or similarly objects are hidden below a map so they can be quickly "called" or "teleported" when needed, rather than having to wait to load and render something.

So, either you actually had a mercenary, or that mercenary serves some other purpose and it somehow glitched into a normal mercenary.

Bringing a 2D game to a 3D engine definitely brings some new bugs.

If no price, please make an offer. When offering, please be specific: don't just say
Perfect Gems
, say how many
Perfect Gems
. Thank you!
He is George

ALL MY TRADES ARE NON-LADDER

"ARGHHHHHHH, FRESH MEAT"

TheDoo 229

Europe PC
Yeah it's a known Merc bug. You'll often see alive Merc even tho there isn't one. I thought they fixed the dying Merc visual bug but I guess it still can occur (much rarely tho).

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
Tatoomba wrote: 1 week ago
He is George
Oh Myyyy!

If no price, please make an offer. When offering, please be specific: don't just say
Perfect Gems
, say how many
Perfect Gems
. Thank you!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...