Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   541 views

Description

Where to even begin with this one ...

Hello and Greetings Everyone!! This is a message, a reminder to always be grateful and stay humble. Perhaps there was some of you who was wondering where I been and likely assumed I've left the Diablo scene as am sure many do come and go just as swiftly. as I assume there probably wasn't even a thought giving about me disappearance.. well regardless I felt the need to come here and share my story with you all in hopes to maybe open a few eyes and help bring little more Peace into your life.

Well for starters, here's what's happened in my life the last 2 weeks. Begins with 2 big storms knocking out the power for 2 days then 6 days. Following that another 3 days without Internet/Communications. Unfortunately for me my Mother just went into the hospital. I live with and been taking care of her for past 10+ years. And I was completely oblivious of the emergency heaters with camping stove hidden away in her closet. Needless to say, I went 4 days without food and battled Freezing temperatures for 5 nights.

And if things could get worse, they most certainly did. My mom was basically forced out the hospital and back home the day we got power back. We do our shopping weekly and so most our food had spoiled at this point. The telephone pole just so happen fell right in front of our driveway and was left there for nearly 2 weeks. But wait it gets better, Turns out my Mother caught Covid and was told two days after the hospital release giving me no chance to avoid catching it myself.

That was all last Monday. The worst came Tuesday and Wednesday. Hits like a Flu. But I had to stay strong and keep fighting to take care of my sick, dying mother. Now perhaps to most of you this seems all pretty easy no big deal. Well I'm also battling Osteoporosis, Scoliosis and Severe Arthritis of the Spin and Hips. And that's Among other health issues but we need not get into all that. But those 6 Freezing days did not help my bones or body. However here I am today and Ready for some more Diablo Action!

Due to not having internet for 3 more days I've started my very 1st solo playthrough and absolutely Loving it! Everything feels to carry more Weight and has more Meaning then playing online. I believe for 2 simple reasons. Must kill everything, complete everything all on your own gives a real good sense of accomplishment. For two, just as I said. The Drops feel way more valuable then before. I got excited over an
Io
rune. Online has certainly taking all that away from me. Not to
Bash
online play, I still think it's great to play alongside others n such. just besides the point.

And all this is besides the point but I'mma keep going. How long did it take you to find your 1st
Shako
? For me Online it felt like Months, 2-4 maybe. I'm not sure but it definitely took a long time. so long that I've been giving one and picked one up in a "Free" lobby. So as you can imagine finding that 1st
Shako
online felt good but not Amazing by any standards. However Offline I got my 1st
Shako
on day 4. But wait, I got 2 more Shakos on Day 5.. But Wait, I got 1 More
Shako
on Day 6! Needless to say I was ecstatic and would compare the feeling to my 1st
Jah

Now I've been hooked with playing offline. My Necro reached level 89 (He did all that MFing) and just yesterday decided to begin my very 1st Sorcerer. Quickly learned why she is the Favorite among all. I thought it was just cause she could
Teleport
but oh no. She can dish out some insane Damage as well! Don't even get me started how broken
Static Field
is. But yea I am having a great time with her reaching level 45 and finished NM. onto farming Cows for some Res Charms and face Hell...

But okay let me swing this back the main reason I'm here telling you all this. I simply wanted to remind everyone that you should always be grateful and stay humble. nothing in life last forever. appreciate all what you have. clean clothes. warm food. dry shelter. the little things we so commonly take for granted. it can all go away, your loved ones can go away, you can go away just like that at in instant without warning. Enjoy this time and this life we are gifted and soak in the beauty of this world and universe. you are a miracle to be here. don't ever forget that.

Happy Hunting and Keep on a Slaying my Fellow Diablo Dudes, Soul Out
Description by Soultego

Can be used to make Runewords:

Where to even begin with this one ...

Hello and Greetings Everyone!! This is a message, a reminder to always be grateful and stay humble. Perhaps there was some of you who was wondering where I been and likely assumed I've left the Diablo scene as am sure many do come and go just as swiftly. as I assume there probably wasn't even a thought giving about me disappearance.. well regardless I felt the need to come here and share my story with you all in hopes to maybe open a few eyes and help bring little more Peace into your life.

Well for starters, here's what's happened in my life the last 2 weeks. Begins with 2 big storms knocking out the power for 2 days then 6 days. Following that another 3 days without Internet/Communications. Unfortunately for me my Mother just went into the hospital. I live with and been taking care of her for past 10+ years. And I was completely oblivious of the emergency heaters with camping stove hidden away in her closet. Needless to say, I went 4 days without food and battled Freezing temperatures for 5 nights.

And if things could get worse, they most certainly did. My mom was basically forced out the hospital and back home the day we got power back. We do our shopping weekly and so most our food had spoiled at this point. The telephone pole just so happen fell right in front of our driveway and was left there for nearly 2 weeks. But wait it gets better, Turns out my Mother caught Covid and was told two days after the hospital release giving me no chance to avoid catching it myself.

That was all last Monday. The worst came Tuesday and Wednesday. Hits like a Flu. But I had to stay strong and keep fighting to take care of my sick, dying mother. Now perhaps to most of you this seems all pretty easy no big deal. Well I'm also battling Osteoporosis, Scoliosis and Severe Arthritis of the Spin and Hips. And that's Among other health issues but we need not get into all that. But those 6 Freezing days did not help my bones or body. However here I am today and Ready for some more Diablo Action!

Due to not having internet for 3 more days I've started my very 1st solo playthrough and absolutely Loving it! Everything feels to carry more Weight and has more Meaning then playing online. I believe for 2 simple reasons. Must kill everything, complete everything all on your own gives a real good sense of accomplishment. For two, just as I said. The Drops feel way more valuable then before. I got excited over an
Io
rune. Online has certainly taking all that away from me. Not to
Bash
online play, I still think it's great to play alongside others n such. just besides the point.

And all this is besides the point but I'mma keep going. How long did it take you to find your 1st
Shako
? For me Online it felt like Months, 2-4 maybe. I'm not sure but it definitely took a long time. so long that I've been giving one and picked one up in a "Free" lobby. So as you can imagine finding that 1st
Shako
online felt good but not Amazing by any standards. However Offline I got my 1st
Shako
on day 4. But wait, I got 2 more Shakos on Day 5.. But Wait, I got 1 More
Shako
on Day 6! Needless to say I was ecstatic and would compare the feeling to my 1st
Jah

Now I've been hooked with playing offline. My Necro reached level 89 (He did all that MFing) and just yesterday decided to begin my very 1st Sorcerer. Quickly learned why she is the Favorite among all. I thought it was just cause she could
Teleport
but oh no. She can dish out some insane Damage as well! Don't even get me started how broken
Static Field
is. But yea I am having a great time with her reaching level 45 and finished NM. onto farming Cows for some Res Charms and face Hell...

But okay let me swing this back the main reason I'm here telling you all this. I simply wanted to remind everyone that you should always be grateful and stay humble. nothing in life last forever. appreciate all what you have. clean clothes. warm food. dry shelter. the little things we so commonly take for granted. it can all go away, your loved ones can go away, you can go away just like that at in instant without warning. Enjoy this time and this life we are gifted and soak in the beauty of this world and universe. you are a miracle to be here. don't ever forget that.

Happy Hunting and Keep on a Slaying my Fellow Diablo Dudes, Soul Out

All Trades are Negotiable. Long Live
Nihlathak
Thanks for sharing and hope your positive attitude is rewarded with better times. Grats on those shakos and happy hunting as well!

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details

Necrarch 1621Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
These are wise words !
Enjoy the game, recover quicly and hope your mother's condition will improve.

And welcome back around (did not notice, but as always, easier to notice something present than absent) !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Welcome back and... "hang in there" I suppose might be most appropriate? That's quite the list of stuff to endure simultaneously.

Glad to see you haven't lost your positive Spirit over it.
Glad to hear you made it through.
Maybe you just found where the blizzard stores the shakos.
Wish you best luck.

mhlg 867

Americas PC
Thanks for sharing that with us. We all need periodic reminders that in the scheme of things life is at its best ephemeral. Take care.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
I’m sorry that you got hit with so much bad stuff and in such a short period of time all at once, I hope that things improve and I’m happy to hear you are staying positive and playing d2 again.

PS. I only played offline for a year and eventually started duping and changing the clock for TZs. It’s why I started playing online for the first time, it quickly changes your experience and eventually stagnates it. Be warned when you get to the point where you just need nothing but more high runes that you can’t go back. But eventually time grinding high runes seems like a waste of energy. Good luck 👍
Keeping fingers crossed for you and your mum. She's proud of you for sure!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation