Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
64 replies   20591 views

Have you been affected by this bug?

You may select 1 option

Total votes: 147

[Fixed] Resurrected won't start/launch at all... cannot play. AVX the culprit? (Windows 10)

No data yet

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

gmy77 19

Assassin Europe PC
I hate this situation. I download the latest FIX... now the difference from previous version... PLAY-->Black SCREEN-->BLIZZARD ERROR--->STOP
I can't justify Blizzard having my money while I sit here twiddling my thumbs. I requested a refund, and won't be buying it again in future, even if they fix it.

Devs won't change their unscrupulous business practices while we all throw money at them, no questions asked.

gmy77 19

Assassin Europe PC
I hope in the next hours to fix this INCREDIBLE THING HAPPEN TO HIGH AMOUNT OF PLAYERS... Please Blizzard WORK FAST.
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Updated OP with latest blue - still looks like Monday.

gmy77 19

Assassin Europe PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Updated OP with latest blue - still looks like Monday.
Ok waiting... thanks for info.
DandyGuy wrote: 2 years ago
No, not at all. This is worse, if you ask me. We were able to at least launch the game when D3 came out, but connecting to the servers was difficult for a long time. The infamous Error 37.
I have this error like ' month ago when i want to play D3. I open a ticket but nothing happens! Now I'm having this with ressurect.
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Update as of today (Sunday) - customer rep posted on the main forums with just another generic reassurance blue post.

See original post 'Update 15' for that.

Thanks for keeping us updated, Teebling.

Guest 0

Tavron wrote: 2 years ago
It's not like they don't want people to play
*puts the tinfoil hat on*
But what if they do?
To smooth out the launch day fore streamers and to ease the load on the servers? They put in that instruction requirement to put the plebeians away and let the wealthy guys enjoy launch xd
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Still no official word on this guys, but we've been told to expect an update on the situation today. Will update as usual with the latest blues...

Thank you for creating this thread, and for listing all updates/possible solutions.
Still no official word on this guys, but we've been told to expect an update on the situation today. Will update as usual with the latest blues...
Thanks for keeping us all updated on the AVX issue. Itā€™s been frustrating watching all of my friends play all weekend while I canā€™t run the game due to a requirement it wasnā€™t even meant to have.
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Latest on the AVX bug - still 'a few days away' :(

Well, they made another post, and its to tell us we're looking at a fix later on in the week; I'm going to guess Friday as this seems like a pretty major bug. However, they acknowledge that pre-AVX CPUs will be supported, even if they don't meet the minimum specs of the game. So if you're one of the people who played on Beta fine, have no fear - it looks like non-AVX CPUs are definitely intended to be supported in the final product.
Blizzard wrote:
Hello everyone -

We wanted to provide an update on the Advanced Vector Extension (AVX) items from the dev team after some further developments from this past weekend. The team believes they have a potential fix, but this goes beyond just AVX specifically. The fix could potentially affect all users, even those outside of not having AVX support, so we are wanting to make sure we do proper testing.

While CPUs without AVX are below our minimum spec, we want to try to ensure as many people as possible can play. Setups without AVX were working in Beta. In optimizing the game, we inadvertently included the need for AVX for launch. QA is going to spend another few days of testing across all of these scenarios and setups in an effort to ensure we are not impacting existing players.

We will update this thread once we have an update from the testing over the next few days.

We apologize for the added delay and appreciate your patience.

For those that may have already purchased but would prefer to purchase post fix, we do recommend reaching out to Customer Service for a refund.
Added to original post as well ^

Guest 0

While CPUs without AVX are below our minimum spec, we want to try to ensure as many people as possible can play.
Are they fking kidding? There are 12 core 24 thread cpus that costed 1500$+ in the past that are way above "minimum specs" that don't have AVX and there are 2020 released intel pentium/celeron cpu's with way above cores and frequencies (but without AVX for some reason) needed to play this fking game and they say that cpu's without this instruction are below their minimum specs!?LMAO there are cpu's that can run all the tripple A games but can't run this shit cause they fked up some coding and made it mandatory to have that exact instructin!
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
No update from Blizzard since Monday on this - including tweets. I guess they're just working away.

Just thought I'd update those of us who still can't launch the game nearly a week after launch :|

OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Well it's the end of the week and I've updated the original post with one new blue post from Drak - still no ETA on the fix, although it was expected around today.

Deleted User 632 0

Blizzard wrote:
PezRadar Community Manager 29m

Hi all -

Update for today 10.1 with AVX. The QA team is still collecting performance data on machines with and without fix. The goal is to A/B testing between both and ensure that this is not impacting an existing setups. The testing will continue today and through early next week. Once we have more details on how those went, we will let everyone know.
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Updated OP with PezRadar's statement and the 'summary' made by Drak on the official forums.

SolidxSnake85 0

Ridiculous. It shouldn't take almost two weeks to fix this.
Quick update on my refund:
It's been over a week, and still no refund. However, I did have a second payment go out... So I've paid twice for a game that I cannot play.

Blizzard are awful, and I shall never be dealing with them ever again.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...