Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   6298 views

Description

Can I play Diablo 2 Resurrected offline?

Yes! They're keeping offline characters separate from online characters, that includes shared stash. Update as of launch (23rd september 2021) - you will need to connect once every 30 days to authenticate your copy of Diablo 2 Resurrected.
Character select screen with Act-specific backdrop and tabs for 'Local' (offline) and Online characters.
Character select screen with Act-specific backdrop and tabs for 'Local' (offline) and Online characters.
Blizzard wrote:
You can still play online or offline.

Andre Abrahamian - Lead Designer 27:10 19th Feb 2021
Low-geared Barbarian idle in
Lut Gholein

Blizzard wrote:
We do still allow you to play offline - you will need to authenticate that your copy is legit, but after that you won't be bothered. There's a reason why we leave those characters quarantined away from online.

Rob Gallerani - Lead Designer 44:19 19th Feb 2021
Holy shit! Yes! This is probably the best of all the conservative choices they have made with Resurrected. So many people will appreciate this. Wonder if LAN support will still be a thing? The tab does say 'local' after all...
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Stormlash 343Moderator

Paladin Europe PC

Can I play Diablo 2 Resurrected offline?

Yes! They're keeping offline characters separate from online characters, that includes shared stash. Update as of launch (23rd september 2021) - you will need to connect once every 30 days to authenticate your copy of Diablo 2 Resurrected.
Blizzard wrote:
You can still play online or offline.

Andre Abrahamian - Lead Designer 27:10 19th Feb 2021
Low-geared Barbarian idle in
Lut Gholein

Blizzard wrote:
We do still allow you to play offline - you will need to authenticate that your copy is legit, but after that you won't be bothered. There's a reason why we leave those characters quarantined away from online.

Rob Gallerani - Lead Designer 44:19 19th Feb 2021
Holy shit! Yes! This is probably the best of all the conservative choices they have made with Resurrected. So many people will appreciate this. Wonder if LAN support will still be a thing? The tab does say 'local' after all...

SneakySquid 0

I know Robert Gallerani said you only need to verify the license once however most blizzard games that have an offline mode still demand a reauthentication every 30 days or so and I was wondering if anyone can confirm this is the case for D2 Resurrected on the Nintendo switch. I bought the console version specifically so I don’t have to deal with blizzards anti consumer policies (it’s why I got Diablo 3 on switch) but the fact they demand you create a bnet account makes me suspsicious that they’ll incorporate the same DRM check in their console releases. Can anyone clarify if this is true?

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
SneakySquid wrote: 2 years ago
onfirm this is the case for D2 Resurrected on the Nintendo switch
the authentication will be the same across all systems every 30 days. Unfortunately. :(

SneakySquid 0

Source to confirm switch version requires reauthentication?
I wish that at somepoints, they would allow us to convert online characters to be offline.

For example, if the original D2's server would be stopped servicing sometimes soon, or after my friends changed their mind to buy a copy, so I do not have any reason to stay online waiting for them. It would be so pain to restart all over, if I have a lv.40-50 online character already. :(

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
everytime i go into D2res I get authenticated in before welcome screen.

doesn't matter if you play offline or online. didn't see anything about "30 days"

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
rikus wrote: 2 years ago
everytime i go into D2res I get authenticated in before welcome screen.

doesn't matter if you play offline or online. didn't see anything about "30 days"
Start the game with d2r.exe instead of the launcher

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...