Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   816 views

Description

I am having a blast on xbox and pc. Hopping back and forth cause Idk why. Everything got fixed up enough right as I got home. Perfect.

But damn the xbox makes me a little angry. 30 fps for decent graphics or 60 fps for blurrrrr :D. Eh, I'll take it for a console experience to :)

Can be used to make Runewords:

I am having a blast on xbox and pc. Hopping back and forth cause Idk why. Everything got fixed up enough right as I got home. Perfect.

But damn the xbox makes me a little angry. 30 fps for decent graphics or 60 fps for blurrrrr :D. Eh, I'll take it for a console experience to :)
CitationNumber wrote: 2 years ago

It's been running extremely well for me! 20 years of waiting was totally worth this, and the time I'm spending with my son playing it. This is one of those moments I'm never going to forget.
Minus the no lobby issues, the console experience is turning out to be so much better than the mouse/keyboard controls. I feel like im actually controlling the character myself instead of just sending him on a point and click adventure.

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*
IronLesbian wrote: 2 years ago
Minus the no lobby issues, the console experience is turning out to be so much better than the mouse/keyboard controls. I feel like im actually controlling the character myself instead of just sending him on a point and click adventure.
I'll have to hook up my xbox controller to the PC and take it for a spin.
A little large hiccup on PC yesterday, but now I am so enjoying it :)
Hope they fix the server's stability issues and in game bugs very soon. I played about 2 hours yesterday and saw a lot of bugs :

- Graphic setting issue.
-Grass texture did not get loaded properly.
-Some display settings did not show correctly in the menu.
-Minimap selecting did not work.

- The first quest,
Den of Evil
did not show the countdown, and I could not finish it in the first time I played. (online)
- My offline character, lv.16 assassin from legacy version 1.13d did not work here. She was reset to level 1.

Overall experience was great, 8/10.
Krythic wrote: 2 years ago
I'll have to hook up my xbox controller to the PC and take it for a spin.
You will love that ...a lot :)
It's great! Playing on Xbox and having a blast as well. I think I'll be hunting achievements, since they're added.
My brother is playing it on xbox and his biggest complaint is not being able to effectively use skills like amplify or
Corpse Explosion
with the controller. Apparently there is no way to aim those skill without a mouse and keyboard which kind of sucks imo

Turns out that most bluetooth controllers work fine on PC (Windows and Linux) for D2R. I happened to have an old WiiU Pro controller and it connected up fine, can pick the mouse back up whenever like for inventory and other parts of the game. Pretty neat to be able to switch any time.

Controller is definitely a blast, especially for melee and missile attacks! Having a blast with
Plague Javelin
right now, it wrecks Normal pretty hard!
how does casting spells like amplify(necro) work on console? You can only cast on the immediate enemy you are facing and not a group down the way correct?

Alchemy wrote: 2 years ago
how does casting spells like amplify(necro) work on console? You can only cast on the immediate enemy you are facing and not a group down the way correct?
There's some videos out there showing what it's like, but I'd suggest picking up a controller and connecting to your PC to try it out. Many skills work brilliantly with the controller, others are a bit harder depending on the playstyle of the build and how the skill is being used. E.g. curses work fine because the radius is so big...anything melee or missile is fine (especially with
Pierce
), and AoE spells work too. Most end-game PvM skills fall in this category so it does seem to work pretty well for each class, for most builds I think.

A notable exception is that I would not want to try Blizzard sorc with controller. In endgame scenarios the monsters are too fast to be targeted directly so you need to lead them with the Blizzard -- might be difficult on controller if it wants to target the actual monster automatically.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation