35 replies   16313 views

Which platform are you playing on?

You may select 1 option

Total votes: 8698

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

PC for sure.

Also grabbing it for the Switch for chill couch gameplay on occasion.

im playing going to play it on xbox series s for now, but will be playing it on pc while im building my rig

Jaz 0

Amazon PC
The laptop I usually play on can't handle the d2r graphics (SP7) so if I want d2r I either need to do my Switch (how does
Teleport
work with it?) or play on my desktop which I rarely ever use. I have a gaming laptop as well but it's a heavy bugger and I don't relish the thought of traveling with it again.
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Jaz wrote: 2 years ago
my Switch (how does
Teleport
work with it?)
From the FAQ I wrote here they've said this about
Teleport
on consoles:
Blizzard wrote:
So pathfinding is gone (on controller) because you're doing the path finding, which creates interesting things. For example the Sorceress'
Teleport
is suppose to
Teleport
to wherever you click.

So in that area, when you're playing on the console, we will have a default distance that you will
Teleport
to. Whereas on the PC you can click wherever you want. Same with Barbarian's
Leap
, although that one's interesting because it levels. (Rob Gallerani at Blizzcon)

Jaz 0

Amazon PC
Will take some getting used to but I think I can manage it. TBH playing on PC doesn't appeal to me. I have my hi-res d2 mods and all that already going (I am strictly single player) and the updated graphics don't mean anything to me. I think the only way I end up playing for any length of time is on the Switch. Maybe be able to get my wife into it.

Edit: It's a pity that single player on consoles won't have Ladder only items and the Ubers...there would've been zero harm in them adding that or even creating a toggle for it when you make your character.
Console player here. PS5 specifically but I'm glad I can play with PS4 users too.

I don't have a PC that can play D2R and I don't like PC gaming in general but GAT DAM is Blizzard pretty much forcing me to go PC with how badly nerfed console multiplayer is. No lobbies? WTF?! Might fork over the funds and get PC. We will see.

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Teebling wrote: 3 years ago
Personally I'm going to go for the PC experience, as that's the way I enjoy most games these days and of course D2 was built for PC. That said, the console development we've seen so far in the Q&As/panels looks amazing, and I've got a feeling that Resurrected is going to be just as popular on consoles.

What about you guys?
I'm real curious as to the number of players that'll be on all the consoles post-launch. Will the consoles combined outstrip PC players? Most console players aren't in the forums right now, but post-launch they will definitely be looking for places that have great info, guides and trading.

I will play on pc, and i check my hardware and software, i can run DIIR on Ultra graphics, and it wont explode hehe

See you on Sanctuary full HD :P
PC for sure. I used to be a console player long ago, but when I got my first PC I became a PC man! And, D2 just seems more fit for PC! :D

Linux! (None of the above)
More specifically, a distro based on Ubuntu 21.04.
moonlit wrote: 2 years ago
A guy at work was telling me about steam linux and he says its working great with what they have. I always wanted to move to linux, to much market for windows.

I also read something on reddit a few weeks ago about linux moving up a few percentage for total userbase, which has ben sustained and it makes me super fucking excited.
Mostly going to play on PC, but also have it preloaded on Switch. Can't resist some handheld D2.
CitationNumber wrote: 2 years ago
moonlit wrote: 2 years ago
A guy at work was telling me about steam linux and he says its working great with what they have. I always wanted to move to linux, to much market for windows.

I also read something on reddit a few weeks ago about linux moving up a few percentage for total userbase, which has ben sustained and it makes me super fucking excited.
Thatā€™s great. Yeah weā€™re at the point where the Linux user base is large enough that companies are actually missing out on some revenue if they donā€™t support it. And itā€™s getting easier to support (easier for devs to compile for multiple platforms lately).
SirNinja wrote: 2 years ago
Mostly going to play on PC, but also have it preloaded on Switch. Can't resist some handheld D2.
Dont tempt me to buy one damnit, the new model with rj45 port!!!!! Bet I'll social talk my way into getting a mcdonalds worker access to their switchs!!
I've been gaming on PlayStation consoles for so long now that I'm playing D2R on the PS4. I miss the keyboard and mouse of the PC game. I've been playing Diablo II since it first came out back in the day. Not only that, but I remember when Amazon
Guided Arrow
was a thing to be feared in PVP. Lol I wish they would give the original Diablo game the same treatment that D2 has become. I loved that game. The Butcher still haunts my nightmares. ROFL.

Schnorki 3017Moderator

PC
picklejam wrote: 1 year ago
I wish they would give the original Diablo game the same treatment that D2 has become.
Oh, yes please!

Just the graphics overhaul though, none of this actual game changing!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation