Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
38 replies   8624 views

Did you preorder D2:R?

Poll ended at 2 years ago

Yes (78%)
No but I will if I get into the beta and like It (3%)
No, I don't trust them after W3:R, waiting for release (19%)
No, I'll get it after release when it goes on a sale (1%)
No, I'm not gonna buy it at all (0%)
No votes
Total votes: 107
Total votes: 107

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Yes! I have preordered during open-beta testing period :)
I pre-ordered it and skipped all the alphas and betas. That "initial experience" is a really big deal for me (it makes impactful memories) and alphas/betas ruin that experience. So the first time I turn the game on will be the first time I play the game in any form. I can't fucking wait!

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*
klh wrote: 2 years ago
I'm not worried after WC3, this one is being done by VV which makes great remasters ;p

Didn't pre-order though, I don't support the practice.
Yeah this is something so many people don't understand. VV is NOT the WC3R team. Its been known since forever but people refuse to see it because "its still made by Blizzard." Plus, if you look at the D2R gameplay, trailers and alphas/betas (I assume because I didnt play them), you'll immediately see that hard work, skill and time have went into D2R to deliver a quality product (minus console in certain areas).

*snap*

klh 52

Assassin Europe XLinux
Exactly. I mean sure, Blizz could tell VV to do some weird stuff, but until now they did a great job.

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I'd still argue that it doesn't matter who is developing a game, all developers are human, all developers are capable of putting out hot garbage. Pre-ordering is telling the developers 'I hope you put out a good game, but I don't have a say in the matter anymore lol', waiting to buy until the game launches forces them to earn your cash by actually making a good product. Just different incentive structures, one is objectively better for us as consumers.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
I preordered because I wanted to get into the beta. As a general rule of thumb I agree with @Beardozer, preordering shouldn't be a thing anymore in the age of digital distribution. For the most part it offers little to no benefit to consumers. In this case it seemed like beta play was enough of a benefit to me to risk $40. In hindsight, had I known open beta would be limited to two acts, for two weekends, less than two months before the game was released anyway (and that there would be alternative ways to also get access) I wouldn't have.

I'm not complaining about the beta or saying I felt like I was owed more or anything. It was fun. It's just that my reasoning for preordering didn't turn out to be as worthwhile as I expected. I guess it serves as a reminder to not make exceptions to the "Don't preorder games" rule.
I pre-ordered as soon as it was announced, then gifted it to 6 close friends. I really cant wait for this game.

BMAY 518

Assassin Americas PC
Preordered 2x copies.

I usually don't preorder games, but I instantly knew I was going to buy it no-matter what when it was announced, even if I were to just play single player for the story again.

After playing Beta and deciding how awesome it was I bought another copy so I could run 2 instances at once.

I also pre-ordered 2 copies. Mainly for me, but the GF wants to play with me at the start, probably do normal together slowly while waiting for ladder.

My second copy is obviously for some transfer/trades and picking up torches :P
Mikurichan wrote: 2 years ago
I also pre-ordered 2 copies. Mainly for me, but the GF wants to play with me at the start, probably do normal together slowly while waiting for ladder.

Does your GF have a sister who is single, wants D2R and is looking for an IronLesbian to play D2R with?

Just asking……

*snap*
IronLesbian wrote: 2 years ago

Does your GF have a sister who is single, wants D2R and is looking for an IronLesbian to play D2R with?

Just asking……
Hahahha, sadly not :P

Just asking……
Hahahha, sadly not :P
Forever alone ;(

*snap*
I pre-ordered after reading a lot of praise for the job that VV did on the game. I spent only a couple of hours on the beta, making sure that my slightly dated machine can run it somewhat ok.

I chose this name, twenty years ago, when the different regions you could play on battle.net were called realms, for an amazon, my first battle.net character. I have only ever used it in Diablo 2, so I guess it is fitting I continue that on here.
I preordered D2R, and this is even after I got CyberPUNK'D and said no more preordering. I saw this as being different, because I knew what I was getting, and I didn't preorder until after I beta tested it. I wish they would have shown us the content for the later acts, but all in all, I really don't see myself getting stung by this preorder.

Preordering is really bad though.
as soon as it was available i preordered :D

Ran37 95

Sorceress Americas PC
@IronLesbian I am jealous of your fresh experience and I wish I had done that! I love going in blind - I avoid movie trailers for the same reason. I just love that feeling. But I think if I didn't play the beta, the accumulated hype in my body would have just exploded, killing me and anyone else nearby. This is better.

- Ran37
Ran37 wrote: 2 years ago
@IronLesbian I am jealous of your fresh experience and I wish I had done that! I love going in blind - I avoid movie trailers for the same reason. I just love that feeling. But I think if I didn't play the beta, the accumulated hype in my body would have just exploded, killing me and anyone else nearby. This is better.
Dude I hear you loud and clear. The hype overload can cause permanent damage to you and those around you. That’s why I try to read about D2R stuff instead of SEEING IT. The same goes with movies (especially comic book movies), I may watch 1 trailer to get an idea of what I’m in for but I skip trailers 2, 3 and all the TV Spots. I need that fresh initial experience. It’s usually worth the wait.

6 days, my friend. 6 days.

*snap*

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
6 days, my friend. 6 days.
Yeah agreed on this. Despite having poured thousands of hours into building this site with the others, I've actually watched very little of any Resurrected related media and played only 1 hour of the Beta. I don't want to ruin my experience of the actual game, like I did with WoW Classic.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...