Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   415 views

Description

So
Zeal
is one of those amazing skills that costs like zero mana to use… well it actually costs 2 mana, but it still costs 2 mana if it’s level 1 or level 54, pretty crazy right?!

And the max one can use
Zeal
is at 5 frames/attack or 5 times/sec. (Unless there’s a crazy setup for less?!)

It’s rare but i have run out of mana using this skill, but i wonder if it was because of a mana burn curse or just im faster than my mana regen?

So i found the following mana regen data: https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/ind ... erate_Mana

Looks like a zealot just needs to regen at a rate of 10 mana/sec to ensure no matter what he’s zealing.

So that’s either you get X man regen from gear/skills, or you have Y in your mana pool so it just regens naturally (either from stats, gear, or just you mana increasing per level)

BUT: X and Y can both be lower if you have some of each… there probably a point of optimization to be found here… but I’ve had too many beeers tonight to do the math…

Factors:
Level - (base mana pool)
Mana - (actual mana from all your gear)
Mana regen - (from skills or gear)

Anyone help with the math? I was thinking there’s probably a level where even with base stats you regen enough to
Zeal
forever
Description by Nate2.0

Can be used to make Runewords:

So
Zeal
is one of those amazing skills that costs like zero mana to use… well it actually costs 2 mana, but it still costs 2 mana if it’s level 1 or level 54, pretty crazy right?!

And the max one can use
Zeal
is at 5 frames/attack or 5 times/sec. (Unless there’s a crazy setup for less?!)

It’s rare but i have run out of mana using this skill, but i wonder if it was because of a mana burn curse or just im faster than my mana regen?

So i found the following mana regen data: https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/ind ... erate_Mana

Looks like a zealot just needs to regen at a rate of 10 mana/sec to ensure no matter what he’s zealing.

So that’s either you get X man regen from gear/skills, or you have Y in your mana pool so it just regens naturally (either from stats, gear, or just you mana increasing per level)

BUT: X and Y can both be lower if you have some of each… there probably a point of optimization to be found here… but I’ve had too many beeers tonight to do the math…

Factors:
Level - (base mana pool)
Mana - (actual mana from all your gear)
Mana regen - (from skills or gear)

Anyone help with the math? I was thinking there’s probably a level where even with base stats you regen enough to
Zeal
forever
Answeredby Schnorki1 month agoGo to post
You rang? :)

Lanceor is correct on the 2.08. Well, except for the part where you have to meet or exceed so it'd round up to 2.09, rather than down to 2.08. Or you leave it at 2.083333333333333333333333333333333 for the sake of math. :P

Mana/sec = 25*((256*MaxMana/(25*120))*(100+BonusRegen)/100)/256
If I remember correctly, the normal int-trunc doesn't happen here as a final step but you do trunc at each bracket.

So with that in mind, you need 258 mana for your regen to exceed what zeal uses at max attack speed (since a zealot typically has 0% bonus mana regen), even assuming you never ever stop attacking and you never ever benefit from say dmg to mana.

Say you have a +6 BO CtA and an anni (and nothing else just for the sake of generalizing..top-end CtA but not considering HL or CoA or the like for further +skill), you're then looking at a lvl 8 BO or +56% mana. That means you actually only need 166 base mana. Pally starts with 15 energy and 15 mana, gaining 1.5 mana per lvl and 1.5 per energy (yo maxroll, you forgot the 5 in 1.5 for mana/lvl!).
Now, say you're lvl 85, that puts you at 141 base mana just for being lvl 85. Now further say you're using a raven frost as most zealots will, that's another 40, leaving you with 181 which is already higher than the 166 you need. That's still ignoring the mana from stats off anni and torch (keep in mind mana from +energy doesn't get hit by BO while raven's +mana does).

Essentially, it is damn near impossible to not outregen the mana used up by zeal and if you put a single pt into energy for it at higher lvls, you're doing something (very) wrong.
(Side note for reference: my smiter/zealot is currently sitting at 250 mana base, meaning even without BO he nearly exceeds it)

The only way you should really run out of mana as a zealot is if you get manaburned. You'll still outregen for future attacks but since you have to wait for a regen tick, you may have to delay your first zeal after the burn takes you to 0. That's pretty much unavoidable, seeing how you can't speed up the tick itself. What somewhat offsets that (if you get lucky) is something like dmg to mana (just another reason fortitude is your friend) as a hit giving you 2+ mana may come in faster than your next regen tick after a mana burn.
The 2 Mana is spent for each set of 5 attacks.
Zeal
's fastest attack speed is 4 frames with an 8 frame break (a.k.a. 4/8).

So four attacks requiring 4 frames and one attack requiring eight adds up to 24 frames. So in theory,
Zeal
would use up to 2.08 Mana per second.

(It appears possible to achieve a 4/7
Zeal
when unarmed, but I know of no unarmed
Zeal
builds!)

I've never bothered to calculate Mana regen, so I'll leave it up to the next aspiring mathematician! *cough* Schnorki *cough*

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

TheDoo 216

Europe PC
Lanceor wrote: 1 month ago
(It appears possible to achieve a 4/7
Zeal
when unarmed, but I know of no unarmed
Zeal
builds!)

I've never bothered to calculate Mana regen, so I'll leave it up to the next aspiring mathematician! *cough* Schnorki *cough*
Don't give Nate more crazy ideas about builds, he almost gone completely bonkers! xd jk

Laying down runes... Drawing on the floor... Filling cracks with salt... Chanting @Schnorki name a lot...!

Don't know about the actual calculations but I'm sure you can put some numbers into maxroll and experiment yourself since there is a mana regen parameter. It feels like what
Lance
said is correct. But anyway, I just wanted to say that all my Avengers hate you. And envy you, but mostly hate you (2 mana per swing, smh).

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
OP
TheDoo wrote: 1 month ago

Don't give Nate more crazy ideas about builds, he almost gone completely bonkers! \
Honestly I don’t know much more builds i could even try out at this point, i just did a
Smite
/dragondin to see if its was better than a
Zeal
/dragondin (it’s not)

Eventually I’ll have explored everything i want to in this game, and move on with my life

SO LONG AS I FIND A
Wisp Projector
MY GAWD!!!! Y WONT IT DROP?

(Too much?)
Geeds gave me my whisp

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
You rang? :)

Lanceor is correct on the 2.08. Well, except for the part where you have to meet or exceed so it'd round up to 2.09, rather than down to 2.08. Or you leave it at 2.083333333333333333333333333333333 for the sake of math. :P

Mana/sec = 25*((256*MaxMana/(25*120))*(100+BonusRegen)/100)/256
If I remember correctly, the normal int-trunc doesn't happen here as a final step but you do trunc at each bracket.

So with that in mind, you need 258 mana for your regen to exceed what
Zeal
uses at max attack speed (since a zealot typically has 0% bonus mana regen), even assuming you never ever stop attacking and you never ever benefit from say dmg to mana.

Say you have a +6 BO CtA and an anni (and nothing else just for the sake of generalizing..top-end CtA but not considering HL or CoA or the like for further +skill), you're then looking at a lvl 8 BO or +56% mana. That means you actually only need 166 base mana. Pally starts with 15 energy and 15 mana, gaining 1.5 mana per lvl and 1.5 per energy (yo maxroll, you forgot the 5 in 1.5 for mana/lvl!).
Now, say you're lvl 85, that puts you at 141 base mana just for being lvl 85. Now further say you're using a
Raven Frost
as most zealots will, that's another 40, leaving you with 181 which is already higher than the 166 you need. That's still ignoring the mana from stats off anni and torch (keep in mind mana from +energy doesn't get hit by BO while
Raven
's +mana does).

Essentially, it is damn near impossible to not outregen the mana used up by
Zeal
and if you put a single pt into energy for it at higher lvls, you're doing something (very) wrong.
(Side note for reference: my smiter/zealot is currently sitting at 250 mana base, meaning even without BO he nearly exceeds it)

The only way you should really run out of mana as a zealot is if you get manaburned. You'll still outregen for future attacks but since you have to wait for a regen tick, you may have to delay your first
Zeal
after the burn takes you to 0. That's pretty much unavoidable, seeing how you can't speed up the tick itself. What somewhat offsets that (if you get lucky) is something like dmg to mana (just another reason Fortitude is your friend) as a hit giving you 2+ mana may come in faster than your next regen tick after a mana burn.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...