Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
80 replies   3574 views

Description

This is my quick top 5 list of annoying things that could be improved to make the whole universe perfect again and in this order too

1. Keyboard and mouse for console play
2. In game easier chat mode
3. Ability to reuse stuff that is socketed into equipment
4. Some sort of new visual display on items that drop on the floor
5. Return
Lord De Seis
thief ability again

:)))))

Can be used to make Runewords:

This is my quick top 5 list of annoying things that could be improved to make the whole universe perfect again and in this order too

1. Keyboard and mouse for console play
2. In game easier chat mode
3. Ability to reuse stuff that is socketed into equipment
4. Some sort of new visual display on items that drop on the floor
5. Return
Lord De Seis
thief ability again

:)))))
1. Increased momster density on all TZ.
2. Make ctc work on
Whirlwind
3. Add a movement skill to
Werebear
4. Fix
Fade
bug that makes helmets so transparent that the face shows through (looks awful).
5. Improve melee weapon damage overall to compete with casters.
i'd highly appreciate more stash tabs

k&b support for consoles (their auto targeting system is awful)

targeting overhaul for console (would never happen but life would be so much simpler with an aiming reticle that snaps back to player)

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
1) Fix bugs
2) Online /players x
3) Perhaps a proper game search/lobby
...done. Ideally, no touching/changing of the core game itself.

Alas, #1 is already too big an ask for blizz. So..mweh

Edit/added:
4) Extend TZs to be a new difficulty, across all acts/zones, rather than based on pure dumb luck in terms of having the right timing for the right zone in your game hours.
TZ should include all related areas to the main zone (I never understand why in some cases just one of the dungeons or just the dungeon itself got terrorized...)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
Haha, yea no keyboard and mouse makes a few builds straight up not viable for console - i tried a blizzard sorc for like 15mins then respec’d to
Frozen Orb
!

Yea some updated melee weapons, or actually the melee skills would be nice.

I’d also like to see better charged skills - make them actually usable skills and high enough in level and quantity to be beneficial.

Some other interesting cube recipes would be good (make an item ethereal if you cube it with a
Zod
and a
Standard of Heroes
or something?).
I second what @Schnorki stated. I think the technical backbone can constantly be improved. For example, the loading times are really bad (I know there's a manual work around in the file structure but this shouldn't be required). Smarter ways to combat advertisers would also really help online players.
A faster way to access mules stash 😛
(maybe an option to convert personal stashes into shared ones 🤔)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Necrarch 1614Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
- Improvements on SOME sets and Uniques to be valid competitors to runewords.

- 2 more shared stash tabs

- Bug fixes as said above

- Increase XP gain for TZs / Ubers / Dclone. The road to 99 is just impossible to casual players.
Harder TZs too.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Stackable runes and gems.

I also like the idea of being able to convert personal stash tabs to shared.

MOX 20

Sorceress Americas PC
- Nerf overpower runewords (Enigma)
- Buff Very Rare Uniques to match and compite with the end game runewords
- Buff early Uniques and Sets to be more viable on the end game with the upgrade on his bases
- More Share Stashs
- Stackeable Runes and Gems
- Add a corruption system (like PD2)

There is one rule, above all others, for being a man. Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
al'Lan Mandragoran ("The Great Hunt" by Robert Jordan)

Trades: NL/SC
Time Zone: GMT-3 (Buenos Aires - Argentina)

Rik 132

Americas PC
Mostly everything which has already been stated but:

Expand the item base with more late game items which compete with existing end game options which offer relative benefits and drawbacks to the current elite gear. Expand flexibility of runewords in different item types and balance item bases to encourage more variety of builds and item use. The way things are, they make 90 percent of elite weapon and armor bases nearly useless by how superior the handful ppl use are.

Make alternatives to Enigma. I don’t care how, just do it. Every non-sorc character feels nerfed until they get one and then is pigeonholed into 3 end game armor options: Enigma in archon olate,
Mage Plate
or
Dusk Shroud
.. Add chance for 80
Teleport
charges on rings or create other runewords with
Teleport
, add cooldown if needed, whatever. Just open up item choices for variety.

Make more than just a couple crafting recipes worthwhile. Why should every caster be pigeonholed into trangs or
Magefist
? Expand the item base, expand/improve the crafting base and let us have more variety and freedom with our character building which is mostly item dependent.

Also I’d love it if they could crackdown on botting and other cheating to make my efforts seem more worthwhile relative to other players who play 1/10 of the time but have end game stuff I’ve never even found by week 1 in ladder. However that’s less likely than
The Grandfather
being a respectable end game weapon again. I buy into the idea that blizz and botters are in a symbiotic relationship when it comes to profit. So that one, and probably all other items on this wishlist are a complete fantasy…

The new features during the holiday event were encouraging.. but that could be all folks 🤷
Let’s be honest, the fact we even got d2r was a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

It’s funny i remember about 5 years ago i was doing some cleaning up and was like “no way my original D2 and LoD CDs, imma install it and play it again!” But it didn’t work, i even tried to contact blizzard for technical support … which went nowhere. So I was like “dang… oh well”

So at least i got to play the old game again, even try some new things, seems like we’re in a plateau for D2R at the moment. Would be great for another step up, but … yea
Lets have a double size backpack to carry our goodies.
The ability to have the bank, cube, and inventory all open at the same time. Basically, let the cube open up in the lower center of the screen.

It would also be nice if the cube had a permanent equipment like slot that can only hold the cube.

And if they could extend permanent slots to the ID and Portal books, that would be a very nice bonus.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Nate2.0 wrote: 1 month ago
Let’s be honest, the fact we even got d2r was a once-in-a-lifetime thing.
[..]
Rather hoping for twice in a lifetime so we still get D2:VR in 20 years, once that tech is perfected. Would make for a hell of a holodeck experience. :)

TheDoo 217

Europe PC
-Fix the poison mechanics in general -- find a middle ground between Venom and pZon and make it more universal/constant
-A toggle for iLVL
-Rebalance of melee/phy builds -- they need some buff
-Make some multiclass/hybrids possible (like for example lightning+bow any class)
-Random affix buff from different affix pools (something like we have with crafting but improved) when upping set items
-Large charms improvement/rebalance (maybe offer unique bonus exclusively for LC so players have some actual value of using/collecting them)
-Everyone will hate me for this one but I genuinely think they should make a change for ethereal items and remove the possibility of self-repair/self-replenish on them; but make the trade-off more impactful as in maybe double the dmg output (instead of current +50%) and also triple the normal durability/stack size or something like that but make them actually truly "temporary solution"
-Some sort of discoverable in-game cube recipes list (that gets filled up with similar recipes as you use cube for example) bound by each character
-In-game template/build planner maybe like a test/training area where you could set your build up and test it out on like dummies (lemme put this item here and those skill points like this and have this dummy have this much res and then when I actually interactively strike it, that yields this much dmg -- stuff like that)
-I'm definitely on the "runes and gems stacking" train :D
-Free and payable additional character slots (maybe everyone gets +2 character slots a year for free but you can pay a yearly sub that gives you +3/+4/+5 character slots instead) per account or some other middle ground

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

ShadowHeart 1772Moderator

Europe PC
TheDoo wrote: 1 month ago
-Everyone will hate me for this one but I genuinely think they should make a change for ethereal items and remove the possibility of self-repair/self-replenish on them; but make the trade-off more impactful as in maybe double the dmg output (instead of current +50%) and also triple the normal durability/stack size or something like that but make them actually truly "temporary solution"
Not sure what this would do though without several complementary changes - some rune words are after all still inherently indestructible, for uniques/rares there's still the option of socketing with a
Zod
rune, and mercs still don't cause durability loss. That's a lot of changes :P

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
Rik said it all with
Teleport
, some classes really are struggle without it. Next best option is
Teleport
amulet at whopping lvl 48(i use it). Swaping weapon for teleporting with charges beats the whole purpose of quick movement so thats not an option.
But the whole beauty about this game is its rigidity and i honestly think thats what we all like XDDD

Ps.sorry i started the topic havent seen that there are two more exact same topics about d2r improvements like this one

TheDoo 217

Europe PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 month ago
TheDoo wrote: 1 month ago
Not sure what this would do though without several complementary changes - some rune words are after all still inherently indestructible, for uniques/rares there's still the option of socketing with a
Zod
rune, and mercs still don't cause durability loss. That's a lot of changes :P
You are correct... I was thinking more into making self-repair mod completely incompatible with the ethereals which would make them fulfill purpose of being a temp thing and have that trade-off of "do I want more dmg for the price of it eventually breaking" or go with non-eth regular dmg thing that lasts forever. I feel like it would have more weight on the choice, dunno... But yeah, I see your point especially with the
Zod
rune.

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation