Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   245 views

Description

Good evening fellow item collectors and demon hunters, I simply have two random questions that I wasn't sure about and I also was not sure about how to search the forums, so here it is:

- For the
Enchant
skill, what does Attack % mean? Attack rating?

- How does
Critical Strike
differ from Deadly Strike? Are they not both a % chance to do double damage?

Thanks in advance.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Good evening fellow item collectors and demon hunters, I simply have two random questions that I wasn't sure about and I also was not sure about how to search the forums, so here it is:

- For the
Enchant
skill, what does Attack % mean? Attack rating?

- How does
Critical Strike
differ from Deadly Strike? Are they not both a % chance to do double damage?

Thanks in advance.
Yes % attack is the bonus to attack rating

Critical Strike
and deadly strike are the same effect, just a different roll. Both cannot happen at the same time though, either you’ll do double damage from deadly strike or failing that a
Critical Strike
. The chances do not stack however. 50% of both only effectively gives you 75% chance of double damage. (50% for one, then 50% of 50% for the other)

Don’t know for sure, but i think critical/deadly strike only doubles the “physical” part of the attack, so if you had an elemental charm with +5-10 fire damage that part is probably not be doubled (would be happy to be proven wrong though!)
OP
Interesting info. I also believe that it only counts for physical damage as well. I'm glad we have such amazingly knowledgeable D2 citizens on here.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Nate2.0 wrote: 2 months ago
[..] Don’t know for sure, but i think critical/deadly strike only doubles the “physical” part of the attack [..]
Yes. Ish...

Generally, your response is dead on. Crit, deadly and mastery skill crit are independent of one another and do the same thing but never at the same time. So the odds don't sum up but stack multiplicatively. Or..reverse multiplicative, if you prefer. :)

Each of them will double your core physical attack damage.
What that means is that it takes your swing damage (swing, not weapon - so if for some reason you're roleplaying a drunk brawler hitting stuff without a weapon, it still works) and doubles the physical component of that. Damage from elemental charms and such is not affected and remains the same as it is not physical.
However, there are a number of non-physical skills - specifically the "converting" type - that do get (up to full) benefit from critical strikes as their damage, despite ultimately not being (entirely) physical, is (at least in part) based on your initial physical damage AFTER crit is applied to it. That's
Magic Arrow
Cold Arrow
Lightning Bolt
Berserk
and so on...

Do note that as with everything in D2, there are exceptions and critical strikes (regardless of source) do not apply to/work for all physical (or physical-based) ways to inflict damage.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...