Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   713 views

Description

Hi there!
After leveled to 99 with my
Hydra
Sorc I played a little with my first char, Zealer Pally at level 92.
I also gave him a welcome-back gift, his first Grief, replacing the "worn" Unbending Will which cut down many mobs.

I was very keen to see the Grief's damage stats but I was disappointed, it was lower that the old one. However the actual damage of Grief is way better in-game versus Unbending Will.
I tested on P8 on Cow Level, Grief vs Unbending Will and was like 3-4 seconds vs 8-9 seconds until the cow dies. The whole level was 25 minutes with Grief and 38 minutes with Unbending Will.

Is that a Lying Character Screen bug, showing smaller numbers instead of actual ones or are factored other stats like -target defense? In-game damage is way better than Unbending Will.
Here are my character stats: https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/3l7u20y1#3
There are displayed 3200 - 3900
Zeal
Damage and 5200 - 6400 with fana activated. In my game screen are much lower numbers.
Grief vs Unbending Will
Grief vs Unbending Will
Description by Florian_G

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi there!
After leveled to 99 with my
Hydra
Sorc I played a little with my first char, Zealer Pally at level 92.
I also gave him a welcome-back gift, his first Grief, replacing the "worn" Unbending Will which cut down many mobs.

I was very keen to see the Grief's damage stats but I was disappointed, it was lower that the old one. However the actual damage of Grief is way better in-game versus Unbending Will.
I tested on P8 on Cow Level, Grief vs Unbending Will and was like 3-4 seconds vs 8-9 seconds until the cow dies. The whole level was 25 minutes with Grief and 38 minutes with Unbending Will.

Is that a Lying Character Screen bug, showing smaller numbers instead of actual ones or are factored other stats like -target defense? In-game damage is way better than Unbending Will.
Here are my character stats: https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/3l7u20y1#3
There are displayed 3200 - 3900
Zeal
Damage and 5200 - 6400 with fana activated. In my game screen are much lower numbers.
Grief vs Unbending Will
Grief vs Unbending Will
yes the flat damage from Grief does not show on the lcs....
Haha, this is the original reason it’s called the lying character screen! Way back in 2003 when Grief came out is when ppl first started noticing and calling it this (i think… im not a D2 historian).

Totally a normal question to ask though!
If you're interested in a more in depth answer about why Grief is so good even though it doesn't show on the sheet:

skip to about 2 minutes in.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
davme_mcreg wrote: 1 month ago
If you're interested in a more in depth answer about why Grief is so good even though it doesn't show on the sheet:

geometry dash lite

skip to about 2 minutes in.
Does the might aura from Last Wish apply to the act 3 merc? Because if it did, that would be pretty awesome.
jazminotis wrote: 1 week ago
Does the might aura from Last Wish apply to the act 3 merc? Because if it did, that would be pretty awesome.
Might aura from Last Wish applies to physical damage only. If you are asking whether it's possible for act3 merc to wield LW and supply the Might, then yes, it's possible, if you make it in
Crystal Sword
or
Dimensional Blade
. Act3 never reaches enough DEX for
Phase Blade

So in the end you'd have lvl 17 might aura at the cost of jahmaljahsurjahber in a meme-base instead of lvl 19-22 aura from act2 merc. Profit!

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
yep good ol Grief for you
Queegon wrote: 6 days ago
of jahmaljahsurjahber in a
gesundheit

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

TheDoo 219

Europe PC
Queegon wrote: 6 days ago
jazminotis wrote: 1 week ago
Might aura from Last Wish applies to physical damage only. If you are asking whether it's possible for act3 merc to wield LW and supply the Might, then yes, it's possible, if you make it in
Crystal Sword
or
Dimensional Blade
. Act3 never reaches enough DEX for
Phase Blade

So in the end you'd have lvl 17 might aura at the cost of jahmaljahsurjahber in a meme-base instead of lvl 19-22 aura from act2 merc. Profit!
True. BUT (there is always but), in some very specific cases (I think actually you mentioned Queegon that you use that max lvl Act 3 Lightning Merc on some build IIRC?) you might want to combine yourself being a physical build with, for example, high/boosted Act 3 Lightning Merc with, for example, either double Dream or something along lines of Griffons/4 faceted shield and yet retain some of the physical boost thus 'wasting' LW on
Crystal Sword
. On top of that, you can make a 'themed' build with Act 3 Lightning/Fire Merc as well -- Lightning/Physical Spearzon with Act 3 Lightning one is a nice combo but also is a Fire Bear Druid with a Act 3 Fire Merc, just throwing some options out there. :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
TheDoo wrote: 4 days ago
True. BUT (there is always but), in some very specific cases (I think actually you mentioned Queegon that you use that max lvl Act 3 Lightning Merc on some build IIRC?) you might want to combine yourself being a physical build with, for example, high/boosted Act 3 Lightning Merc with, for example, either double Dream or something along lines of Griffons/4 faceted shield and yet retain some of the physical boost thus 'wasting' LW on
Crystal Sword
. On top of that, you can make a 'themed' build with Act 3 Lightning/Fire Merc as well -- Lightning/Physical Spearzon with Act 3 Lightning one is a nice combo but also is a Fire Bear Druid with a Act 3 Fire Merc, just throwing some options out there. :)
Ew, no. There is no but here. Lightning guy's only redeeming quality is him being marginally better than the cold one. I'm using act3 fire for his
Enchant
on a dragondin, which, while being on-theme, is still very irrelevant.

Please don't use Dream in the same sentence as act3 merc. :P You will give people the wrong idea. That build doesn't work. Never did. It falls off in nightmare in terms of damage.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

TheDoo 219

Europe PC
But but but but... He looks cool! :D
Yeah, I know, however I didn't use just Dream, I said double Dream -- double whammy! xd
I'm gonna make Act 3 Merc great again, just you watch (need 2 cook some insanely bad build where he can shine)! :)

P.S. Cold one is actually decent for some safety builds IIRC his
Glacial Spike
can do wonders for CC (not sure about high player count tho). :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...