Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   2071 views

Description

Hi everyone,

I know, I know. I finally completed my Trang set and I just can’t stand the thought of having to give up being a
Vampire
as soon as I finish up Act V NM even though I am well aware of the set’s weaknesses.

I have started seeing stray references here and there to a “Pyromancer” build and was wondering what goes into that. Is there certain gear that you can augment Trang’s with such that you can take it through Hell, whether on your Necro or a Merc?

In short

https://de.meming.world/images/de/thumb ... _Power.jpg

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi everyone,

I know, I know. I finally completed my Trang set and I just can’t stand the thought of having to give up being a
Vampire
as soon as I finish up Act V NM even though I am well aware of the set’s weaknesses.

I have started seeing stray references here and there to a “Pyromancer” build and was wondering what goes into that. Is there certain gear that you can augment Trang’s with such that you can take it through Hell, whether on your Necro or a Merc?

In short

https://de.meming.world/images/de/thumb ... _Power.jpg
Something like this should work:
https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/nm1qb0l7

The optimal version is pretty expensive, but the budget version doesn't use any valuable items, it just may be annoying to trade for all the charms and imperfect facets.

The build is basically a summonmancer with meteors and
Lower Resist
Thorns
merc helps with bosses, and
Corpse Explosion
helps with mobs.
top5g04t wrote: 2 months ago
Lower Resist
Thorns
Corpse Explosion
helps with mobs.
Have you tried going full elemental instead? I mean maxing Necromages,
Fire Golem
, hireling with Infinity and so on.
OP
Trang Oul wrote: 2 months ago
top5g04t wrote: 2 months ago
Lower Resist
Thorns
Corpse Explosion
helps with mobs.
Have you tried going full elemental instead? I mean maxing Necromages,
Fire Golem
, hireling with Infinity and so on.
I still haven’t gotten a
Ber
yet (trading patience FTW) but thanks very much for this tip.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Ever tried playing a naked sorc?
Turns out they're kind of bad. Or more specifically, their dmg is crap.

And yet, even a naked sorc will have about 5x the fire ball and about 4x the
Meteor
dmg of a fully geared trang nec. And even at 0 FCR, she will cast circles around said geared trang nec because the
Vampire
form annihilates casting speed.

Add in the fact that trang blocks some core slots that'd otherwise help with -res, what with fire being the single most annoying res to deal with in the game, and the fact that thanks to trang you're not using Enigma and hence won't even have
Teleport
and the whole thing remains squarely at a fraction of the performance of a naked sorc.

LR would make up for some of that but not nearly enough.

Is it "viable" in the sense that you can slowly creep your way through the game? Sure. Nearly everything is if that's the bar.
But in terms of an actual even semi-competitive at lower to mid ranges build...I dare say no, not even close.
Great Comments!

As someone who has a Pyromancer can say they definitely gonna need the GG to even hang solo in Hell.

I've not seen or even looked into any existing build guides, this was more a fun new way to play as my favorite class, the Necro.

Current build uses
Lower Resist
Fire Golem
n Fire Walls/Balls and been on the Fence of trying Full Trangs and rely on weak Meteors or Respec into Maxing SkeleMaster/Mages and painfully create an army of Fire Mages with
Fire Golem

Either way the design only needs to be strong enough to kill Andy on NM/Hell for my own personal use and Truly, this was more for fun and flavor then become some dependable toon

I will admit. The Pyromancer has turned a few heads playing online. and that's probably what I enjoy most about him

Wanna quickly add to the Gears provided by TopG, There's an ammy that gives +2 Fire skills and can confirm it adds to the Trang spells DMG

I do hope to someday see a fully fleshed out Pyromancer GG Geared to the max and see if there truly is any potential.

After seeing a Lightning Only Necro build. Lightmancer? and also of course, a Bowmancer .. feel that, really anything is possible with the Necro ..

Thinking maybe my next Necro will be a Wolfmancer. Cause why Not?!

All Trades are Negotiable. Long Live
Nihlathak
OP
Soultego wrote: 2 months ago
Great Comments!

As someone who has a Pyromancer can say they definitely gonna need the GG to even hang solo in Hell.

I've not seen or even looked into any existing build guides, this was more a fun new way to play as my favorite class, the Necro.

Current build uses
Lower Resist
Fire Golem
n Fire Walls/Balls and been on the Fence of trying Full Trangs and rely on weak Meteors or Respec into Maxing SkeleMaster/Mages and painfully create an army of Fire Mages with
Fire Golem

Either way the design only needs to be strong enough to kill Andy on NM/Hell for my own personal use and Truly, this was more for fun and flavor then become some dependable toon

I will admit. The Pyromancer has turned a few heads playing online. and that's probably what I enjoy most about him

Wanna quickly add to the Gears provided by TopG, There's an ammy that gives +2 Fire skills and can confirm it adds to the Trang spells DMG

I do hope to someday see a fully fleshed out Pyromancer GG Geared to the max and see if there truly is any potential.

After seeing a Lightning Only Necro build. Lightmancer? and also of course, a Bowmancer .. feel that, really anything is possible with the Necro ..

Thinking maybe my next Necro will be a Wolfmancer. Cause why Not?!
A…Lightning Necro?!??!

What sorcery is this?!?!

Nihlathak
Decided to play around with Maxroll D2Planner to find the Best Possible (IMO) set-up for a Pyromancer Build and Here's the Results!

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/xqpu03t8

Learned that we can utilize both Full Trangs and
Skeleton
(Fire) Mages with
Fire Golem
to maximize our Fire DMG output. Also added
Revive
for when we come across any Fire Benders

Gave a comparison to the
Fireball
Sorc / Fire Sorc Naked / Bone Necro and here's what I'm seeing

Pyromancer doesn't come close to fully GG geared FireSorc whom reaches 100k DMG per sec with
Meteor
where Pyromancer best is 8k with Firewall and 6k with
Meteor

Even the Naked Sorc does Double the DMG of this Pyro Build based on Skills alone.

Same is said for the Bone Necro whom produces around 16k with
Teeth
and
Bone Spear

But what's not being Factored in here is the DMG from Mages and
Fire Golem
. So combine that with Firewall
Meteor
and Fireballs. we May have something here!

Like to also add, didn't go into the Merc at all but imagined it would be a
Fire Arrow
Merc from A1 unless there are some other Fire Bending Mercs I am not aware of

The one thing I do like about this Build is that it's fairly Cheap to make. Asides needing 4x 5/5 Fire Facets a couple BK rings and whatever goes good for a FireA1Merc.. The Rest is basic low-budget gear

So yeah I think this build can be reliable in Hell. Like to also add, didn't think too hard on the Charms but did imagine all FRW charms for some INSANE movement speed

Will update when I complete this build and let you know how it turns out

Nihlathak
OP
Decided to play around with Maxroll D2Planner to find the Best Possible (IMO) set-up for a Pyromancer Build and Here's the Results!

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/xqpu03t8

Learned that we can utilize both Full Trangs and
Skeleton
(Fire) Mages with
Fire Golem
to maximize our Fire DMG output. Also added
Revive
for when we come across any Fire Benders

Gave a comparison to the
Fireball
Sorc / Fire Sorc Naked / Bone Necro and here's what I'm seeing

Pyromancer doesn't come close to fully GG geared FireSorc whom reaches 100k DMG per sec with
Meteor
where Pyromancer best is 8k with Firewall and 6k with
Meteor

Even the Naked Sorc does Double the DMG of this Pyro Build based on Skills alone.

Same is said for the Bone Necro whom produces around 16k with
Teeth
and
Bone Spear

But what's not being Factored in here is the DMG from Mages and
Fire Golem
. So combine that with Firewall
Meteor
and Fireballs. we May have something here!

Fire Arrow

The one thing I do like about this Build is that it's fairly Cheap to make. Asides needing 4x 5/5 Fire Facets a couple BK rings and whatever goes good for a FireA1Merc.. The Rest is basic low-budget gear

So yeah I think this build can be reliable in Hell. Like to also add, didn't think too hard on the Charms but did imagine all FRW charms for some INSANE movement speed

Will update when I complete this build and let you know how it turns out
I definitely look forward to hearing about the results…and TBH I wasn’t even familiar with
Hexfire
before clicking on the Maxroll links so thanks to you and top5go4t for that!

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Fire Arrow
A3 has fire mercs for ya.

Though if you'd prefer to add some actual damage increases, rather than force the fire theme to the limit, Infinity is the only real choice for a merc here. Even with that, the constant fire res all over the place will still be a pain but without it...ugh...
Or you
Sacrifice
an Infinity to turn into an
Iron Golem
...guess that'd work, too. :)
Schnorki wrote: 2 months ago

Or you
Sacrifice
an Infinity to turn into an
Iron Golem
...guess that'd work, too. :)
Nah, gotta go full on Fire theme with the
Fire Golem
for sure. Infinity on A3 Merc sounds great to me!

Nihlathak

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
[..]
Infinity on A3 Merc sounds great to me!
Thing is..Infinity is only available to A2 mercs.

One of the many reasons they remain the dominant merc of choice.
Schnorki wrote: 2 months ago

Thing is..Infinity is only available to A2 mercs.

One of the many reasons they remain the dominant merc of choice.
ah okay in that case I'd rather use a Fire Merc for added flavor rather then aiming towards maxing DMG .. buut if build feels lacking then sure, it's a good option to have

Nihlathak
Quick Update: Decided to put a little work into the Pyromancer today and gave a Test Run on Hell Difficulty with an Andy Run

Went with the basic planned build that I've previously shared since finding the
Hexfire
today. Minus all summon skillers and rainbow facets, replace one BK with Dwarf and that's basically my build. Cost 2
Pul
so far

On the test run, mobs proved little difficult as firewall was my best source of damage. prison helps keeps them still. 2-3 FWs combined with
Lower Resist
and Fire Sunder melts most enemies in seconds.

As for the Real Test, Andy was no match as she lasted about 5 seconds after being hit with LR 3 FWs and a couple Meteors.

Probably should also mention, using A2 Merc with Low Dmg (350) Insight, Treachery, TalRasha
Helm
so not much help from him

Is he Destroyer of Worlds? No I don't think so. Can he Solo
Baal
? Probabaly after few trips to town, but to answer the Main Question. is Pyromancer Hell Reliable?!

I'd like to think so with a little more proper gear. Infinity would be a big boast for DMG. Bring in some skeletons with the mages for added meat shields. and I believe you can run Hell with this build. Possible yet Painful but still, Pretty Fun

Bottom Line: Probably should just make a Fire Sorc if you looking for a Fire Toon in general. but if you someone like me who only plays Necros. Boom, you got yourself a ANDY MELTING MACHINE!!

Nihlathak
Updated the Pyromancer Build https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/xqpu03t8

Removed the 5/5 Fire Facets. Changed Max
Fire Golem
to Max
Lower Resist
. Changed all the Charms to better suit this Build. Added Mercenary

Playstyle:
Bone Armor
Fire Golem
Prison
Lower Resist
Firewall
Meteor
Firewall
Meteor
Firewall Raise Skeletons Raise Mages (Discard Non-Fire Mages)

Enjoy!

Nihlathak
OP
Soultego wrote: 1 month ago
Updated the Pyromancer Build https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/xqpu03t8

Removed the 5/5 Fire Facets. Changed Max
Fire Golem
to Max
Lower Resist
. Changed all the Charms to better suit this Build. Added Mercenary

Playstyle:
Bone Armor
Fire Golem
Prison
Lower Resist
Firewall
Meteor
Firewall
Meteor
Firewall Raise Skeletons Raise Mages (Discard Non-Fire Mages)

Enjoy!
So you’re telling me there’s a chance…

Seriously, thank you for taking him out for a test run to see what he could do!

TheDoo 216

Europe PC
I would personally prefer it without CE since almost all Necro builds incorporate CE and it's way too boring nowadays.

Did some edits... I put all the minimum rolls so depending on better rolls it can improve even more. Facing
Baal
, they kill him in 15-20 seconds which is not that bad (it's on mid-low end yes), on players 1 ofc.

Now question was is it viable? -Oh yeah, you bet it is!
Is it niche, off-meta? -Duh. It's different that's for sure...
Can you carry your team on P8? -Not really, no.
Is it fun? -Yup, it looks very fun. :)

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/qc4gl01c

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
Very Nice Doo!

It came to my attention late last night that any + to all skills adds to the fire skills level so we can swap out the
Hexfire
and Rising Sun with a Heart of the Oak and Mara's for added All Res and more importantly, sky rocket the much needed FCR in this build

I did experiment a little swapping Mara's with a
Caster Amulet
to reach that next break point in FCR but didn't seem it would be as potent

That build I provided was by no means definitive. certainly has its wrinkles to iron out. was trying to lean into the fire skill damage as the main source rather then summons, hence the curse over summon grand charms but the summon skillers probably give this build a bigger bite

Like to mention that CE is handy at times with big compact mobs, like Cows for example. But most times I'm relying on Firewall/
Meteor
to take out most enemies. CE was more of a "Break Glass incase of Emergency" Kind of Skill to keep in the back pocket

Mainly wanted to have a good
Bone Armor
for some added protection. putting points into
Fire Golem
felt wasted knowing
Fire Golem
provides little damage but excellent for pulling aggro

Well as much as I'd love to continue on this journey. I've got a new necro to play with now. The Bowmancer. That adventure starts today! Finally collected all the Bows from level 7 to Endgame with the intent on making the Runeword Brand as the final weapon. already have the base and runes for it plus the runeword Bone for added BoneSpears

But don't worry, do plan on coming back to the Pyromancer. This is just how I like to play the game. Bring a toon to 75 reaching Hell, then to the next. once all 75, go back to the first, run hell and reach level 90+

Nihlathak

TheDoo 216

Europe PC
Soultego wrote: 1 month ago
Well as much as I'd love to continue on this journey. I've got a new necro to play with now. The Bowmancer. That adventure starts today! Finally collected all the Bows from level 7 to Endgame with the intent on making the Runeword Brand as the final weapon. already have the base and runes for it plus the runeword Bone for added BoneSpears
Once you get used to him, you can open a new thread and tell us all about it. Would love to hear how it's going since I also have a Brand Bowmancer on my off-meta to-play list. :)

And yes, you are absolutely right about everything in last comment.

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...