Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   1665 views

Description

I was farming hell
Mephisto
and killed the two unique ghoul boss groups that spawned behind him. And from one of the uniques these
Myrmidon Greaves
dropped:
How is that possible, when
Myrmidon Greaves
have a TC of 87 and the area level is 83?
Considering the +3 to area level from the unique pack, it's still not enough.
Am I missing something or is this a bug of some sort?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I was farming hell
Mephisto
and killed the two unique ghoul boss groups that spawned behind him. And from one of the uniques these
Myrmidon Greaves
dropped:
How is that possible, when
Myrmidon Greaves
have a TC of 87 and the area level is 83?
Considering the +3 to area level from the unique pack, it's still not enough.
Am I missing something or is this a bug of some sort?
Answeredby Ganonvillage1 year agoGo to post
So I found out, that the blood lord in durance of hate level 3 has an assigned TC of 87, aka can drop everything. So my assumption was false and the monster level, wich is the area lvl +3 in this case, determines the item level, which determines the affixes that can roll.
Sry for the confusion. Got it.

PC | Europe | Non-Ladder and Ladder | Softcore

Schnorki 3253Moderator

PC
You can drop higher stuff while the place is terrorized.

That having been said, you don't even need that here. Shadow dancers aren't as high as you're implying and can drop all over the place. Even a White mob down there can drop them (albeit with an abysmal chance to do so).
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
You can drop higher stuff while the place is terrorized.

That having been said, you don't even need that here. Shadow dancers aren't as high as you're implying and can drop all over the place. Even a White mob down there can drop them (albeit with an abysmal chance to do so).
Oh yea, I forgot to mention, that it was not terrorized.
And I thought in order to drop an item from a specific tresure class, the monster you kill has to be at least the level of the treasure class, which in this case was 86.

Level 83+3 for champion=85. Just like Pits or any other level 85 area. TC 87 drops at level 85.
OP
So I found out, that the
Blood Lord
in
Durance of Hate Level 3
has an assigned TC of 87, aka can drop everything. So my assumption was false and the monster level, wich is the area lvl +3 in this case, determines the item level, which determines the affixes that can roll.
Sry for the confusion. Got it.
This post was marked as the best answer.

OP
Primordial wrote: 1 year ago
Level 83+3 for champion=85. Just like Pits or any other level 85 area. TC 87 drops at level 85.
Yea, the drop is determined by the monster's assigned TC, not their level, nor the ilvl of the item.

Ganonvillage wrote: 1 year ago
Yea, the drop is determined by the monster's assigned TC, not their level, nor the ilvl of the item.
Why do terrorized zone drop tc 87 items then? The area level/monster level is changed for sure. Does terrorized just change all Treasure Class of monsters in the area too?
OP
Why do terrorized zone drop tc 87 items then? The area level/monster level is changed for sure. Does terrorized just change all Treasure Class of monsters in the area too?
Yes, in terrorized areas the treasure class gets upgraded. I think that's where my confusion came from.

Yes, in terrorized areas the treasure class gets upgraded. I think that's where my confusion came from.
Now that I think about it a monsters Level and Treasure Class must equal the Area Level if it is lower than the Area Level. This explains why Level 85 Areas and/or Terrorized Zones have a higher Treasure Class than the monster would normally have.
OP

Now that I think about it a monsters Level and Treasure Class must equal the Area Level if it is lower than the Area Level. This explains why Level 85 Areas and/or Terrorized Zones have a higher Treasure Class than the monster would normally have.
You're right. For example the Devilkin monster has an assigned TC of 75 in
Tower Cellar Level 1
to 4 and in the
Pit Level 1
and 2 it has a TC of 87.
So TCs are somewhat tied to the area level. Thanks for pointing that out too.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...