Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   686 views

Description

Ok, I’ve gathered that we’re about to hit a new ladder season. Can anyone give me a bit of a walkthrough as to what, if anything, this means for the non-ladder trading market?

I saw a few notes on old trades along the lines of “this trade was automatically converted from ladder to NL” and was mildly curious if that meant any new trading opportunities would open up.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Ok, I’ve gathered that we’re about to hit a new ladder season. Can anyone give me a bit of a walkthrough as to what, if anything, this means for the non-ladder trading market?

I saw a few notes on old trades along the lines of “this trade was automatically converted from ladder to NL” and was mildly curious if that meant any new trading opportunities would open up.

mhlg 846

Americas PC
Ladder is essentially a reset of the game that opens new trade options, but before that happens people must first acquire something to trade. Once ladder ends everything you've stored in your ladder stash during the season, becomes withdrawal only and has to be cleared before the next season starts or it is permanently deleted. Any active ladder trades will automatically be moved to NL, so that you can begin adding new trades in the following season of ladder.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Excluding trading for a second, a ladder reset means absolutely nothing for you if you're currently on non-ladder. If you're on ladder, it means the tag of your characters changes from ladder to non-ladder which kind of also means absolutely nothing. :) The only impact for ladder players there is that you need to move your shared stash into your NL one before the next season ends so you don't lose that stuff.

At the same time, going into ladder post-reset means you're looking at even footing as everyone starts in a fresh, new season and noone has anything yet.

Now, in terms of trading, the impact for ladder folks is quite significant as the trading economy early season tends to be vastly different from mid and late season. People tend to "overpay" hard for any of the more core pieces early on, even the "easy" ones like
Shako
and whatnot. Great time to farm and immediately sell (and then buyback what you yourself needed later at a massive comparative discount).

For non-ladder, most trading doesn't change too much anymore. There does tend to be an influx of new items as everything from ladder is converted down but since we're multiple seasons in, the impact shouldn't be all that significant anymore. NL is fairly matured as is. The obvious exception is ladder-only gear which will also trickle down into non-ladder, can now be sold and will likely be far cheaper on and shortly after "season day" than later on (educated guess on that one mind you, didn't actually track that) as most will immediately try to sell their ladder-only goodies, drive each other down hard, only to have prices pick back up as most are sold and only a patient handful are left once we're back to mid-/late season.

Beyond all that, season end does tend to come with a lot of giveaways from ladder-only folks who don't need their converted stuff anymore so if you're into getting free stuff (and often top-end at that), keep an eye out for 'free stuff' games. Though those often already happen the day of reset (before the actual reset) on ladder itself so they have the char slot(s) cleared and ready for the next season. I.e. make a ladder char on the day/day before and have a look.
JC1982 wrote: 2 months ago

On the eve of a ladder reset, and this is why D4 players will never experience the cymatics of trading.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
OP
Skaijuice wrote: 2 months ago
JC1982 wrote: 2 months ago

On the eve of a ladder reset, and this is why D4 players will never experience the cymatics of trading.

Hah! That chat warms my soul.

I know I should go play D4, if only to watch
Lilith
and Inarius have what looks like an epic couple’s fight, but with only one D2r character on the cusp of completing NM and 6 others itching to try out their newly acquired kickass gear, I’m like “yeah, maybe in 2025.”
Them Dev's killed off Cain the elder ...

that enough is cause to D2R over D4 :D

If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
A poor excuse. By the time D4 takes place, Cain would have died of old age long ago.
Trang Oul wrote: 2 months ago
A poor excuse. By the time D4 takes place, Cain would have died of old age long ago.
Havn't you heard?

If you like health,
String of Ears

Necrarch 1614Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Cain died in D3, not D4 right ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Necrarch wrote: 2 months ago
Cain died in D3, not D4 right ?
D3 yes.

If you like health,
String of Ears

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...