Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
21 replies   1207 views

Description

Hey everyone,

Relatively new to D2R and just now taking my first character through NM (still shocked how addicting a 20 year old game can be!). I've managed to accumulate a good amout of Pgems (70, roughly 10 of each type) and am trying to figure out what the best way is to offload those.

Lot of questions, so I'll just fire them off to the community:

1. Better to advertise all 70 gems or break them up into the more common bunches (10 ammies, 40 random pgems, 10 rubies + 10 skulls, etc.)
2. Since this is my first trade, is the in-game system generally reliable if you don't make the mistakes that all the guides tell you not to do (drop things on the Ground, accept unidentified items, etc.)

Thanks in advance for humoring a rookie!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey everyone,

Relatively new to D2R and just now taking my first character through NM (still shocked how addicting a 20 year old game can be!). I've managed to accumulate a good amout of Pgems (70, roughly 10 of each type) and am trying to figure out what the best way is to offload those.

1. Better to advertise all 70 gems or break them up into the more common bunches (10 ammies, 40 random pgems, 10 rubies + 10 skulls, etc.)
2. Since this is my first trade, is the in-game system generally reliable if you don't make the mistakes that all the guides tell you not to do (drop things on the Ground, accept unidentified items, etc.)

xigua 63

Playing on ladder? If so:
P
Amethyst
have the biggest value followed by skulls and rubies. Ideally you buy items you want on here/other sites - end of ladder this trade forum gets slow - or sell the gems for runes you need. 10 pam will get you around 2
Vex
or 1
Ohm
(maybe a little less). 10 Rubies can get you 2
Ist
(maybe a little less), same with skulls. The rest... I usually use them to cube high level charms but you can also collect maybe 40 and trade for around
Cham
or
Ohm
JC1982 wrote: 3 months ago
Hey everyone,

Whichever gets you what you want obviously. No fast & right rule when it comes to bulk sales. Know your target buyer. Gems drop like flies especially in TZ zones i've realized. Essentially you are just using your time so the buyer doesn't need to. Many L90+ players are farming TZ zones & re-rolling those GC or SC for coveted skillers or 3/20/20's that otherwise would normally appear on
Baal
or BigD's drop. Now any high level GC/SC on TZ mobs can be done the same way.

Trust / Ratings (all platforms) is there for a reason. I will check those ratings if there are trades that do not facilitate within the trading window.

Comments in green above.

Wow i just realized i'm #1 :)

Source: trade-stats.php

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Necrarch 1634Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
If non ladder, the usual rates are : 8-10 perfect amethysts for an
Ist

20-ish prubies / pskulls for an
Ist

35-40 other pgems for an
Ist

Trade your gems for Ists, then use Ists as currency to buy stuff - except cheap stuff that can already be bought for pgems of course.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
7 pammy for
Ist
maybe 12 pskulls for
Ist
, since it's 2 rolls, 6 per roll
15 pruby for
Ist
30 pgems for
Ist

these are current prices in game my dude, you won't have any problem selling them, not so sure about
Skull
prices but i think it's about right
OP
Wow, thanks to everyone for the quick (and extremely helpful) replies!

As someone who has only had one
Lem
drop so far, the idea that I might be able to get 3
Ist
runes out of this package (non-ladder) is kinda blowing my mind right now.

Lem
Ist
You'll get there - trust me.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Necrarch 1634Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Trading allows indeed gearing up, so playing quicker / easier, and therefore to drop more stuff. :)

Sure your first Enigma is not right here... but not that far, with
Jah
at about 9
Ist
and
Ber
at about 6, you already have a 5th of Enigma ^^

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus

Lem
Ist
Every single one of us started out this way :) don't let folks low ball you too. I didn't have much for the longest time because i didn't really know what had value, I only knew the basics like end game items. When I discovered this site I was amazed what little things I was hoarding was worthwhile.

Check out any items you have and look at past recent prices to see if folks are still looking for them.

To answer your question i sell a lot of gems since when I farm I get a bunch anyway so why not? 30-40 pgems can get an
Ist
, 15-20 Prubys or skulls is an
Ist
(it can vary from buyers, I've sold 12 for ists too) and 8-10 Pamys is another
Ist
. Folks are ALWAYS buying Pamys and gems. Also, Psaphires can have value to the right buyer for crafting. Maybe 20-25 is an
Ist
depending.

On another note, SAVE LOWER RUNES! there's several that have value especially hels. 6 will get an
Ist
. Rals are good too, 15 or so is another
Ist
. Sols, 20 for an
Ist
. It's incredible. You could be sitting on a lot of Wealth and not realize it

EST time zone
All my trades can be done on either PC or Switch. I'm limited to when I can log onto PC but I can do a Switch trade pretty quickly
For me it's being the best way to "farm
Ist
": collect Gems, low/mid Runes, bases and trade them.
Got dozens of
Ist
in trades (and dropped none in the middle time...)

(my most common runs are Chaos, Cows and TZ - for XP)

Don't underestimate trade Bases (good Bases may be traded by
Ist
or more- specially Ethereal and/or Superior)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
OP
Oh man, this really awesome to hear!

When you watch YouTube videos of HR drops/Enigma in action as a newbie, you can’t quite wrap your head around the possibility of actually getting to that point. But having discovered this site, now it doesn’t seem quite so unobtainable.

And thanks again for the continuing advice, folks. I went ahead and posted my first trade offer for the full set of 70, specifying that I’d like 3
Ist
or equivalent. We’ll see how the fishing goes!

Necrarch 1634Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
May actually be better to make three trades (one for the pammies, one for prubies + pskulls, one for other pgems) to allow various traders to give you the various Ists - but it may work that way too :)

Annihilus
OP
Necrarch,

Very good point—that is exactly what I was debating in my head. I’ll see how the full bundle goes over the next day or so and then if I get radio Silence, I will break things up into the random/ammies/skulls & rubies subsets.
When you want to trade exactly "Item X" per "Item Y", you may create two trades:
a WTS "Item X" per "Item Y"
and a WTB "Item Y" per "Item X"
so people searching for both may reach you.

(Then when you finish one of the trades you delete the other one)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
OP
Great idea fredkid,

I may have some interest on the trade right now, so I will see how things go. But that is a solid tip going forward.

Necrarch 1634Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Hmmm. Not sure it's really need, the most important is the WTS one. The WTB to sell gems does not seem mandatory for me, it's more for specific purchases IMHO.

Annihilus
Necrarch wrote: 3 months ago
Hmmm. Not sure it's really need, the most important is the WTS one. The WTB to sell gems does not seem mandatory for me, it's more for specific purchases IMHO.
I agree with Necrarch. WTB posts are usually used by someone looking for a specific item, or more commonly an item with specific rolls that isn't currently found in any WTS posts. Currency does seem to be an exception here as people are always looking to exchange one form of currency into another.
Perfect Gems
are ubiquitious in trades as are
Ist
runes. If you are looking to offload gems for
Ist
look here:

As of the time of this post
Perfect Amethyst
misc/perfect-amethyst-t1358.html (6 WTB posts in SC-NL)
Perfect Ruby
No WTB rubies posts (so you can post a WTS here)
Perfect Skull
misc/perfect-skull-t1357.html (2 WTB posts in SC-NL)
Perfect Gems
misc/perfect-gems-t865059.html (9 WTB posts in SC-NL)

When selling (exchanging) currency, you more than likely don't need to post WTS topics. There are usually enough WTB posts already in existence.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
R3venant wrote: 3 months ago
7 pammy for
Ist
maybe 12 pskulls for
Ist
, since it's 2 rolls, 6 per roll
15 pruby for
Ist
30 pgems for
Ist

these are current prices in game my dude, you won't have any problem selling them, not so sure about
Skull
prices but i think it's about right
These are current SC-NL PC market rates. They are different for different platforms and/or modes of play (HC, Ladder, etc).

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
Necrarch,

Very good point—that is exactly what I was debating in my head. I’ll see how the full bundle goes over the next day or so and then if I get radio Silence, I will break things up into the random/ammies/skulls & rubies subsets.
Trust me, you'll want to separate them. Some folks only want Pamys and that's what they'll look up instead of
Perfect Gems
and vice versa. You'll get more bites that way. Reach out to the folks who have WTB posts up first and see if they're offering what you're looking for. If not make your post and wait. Gems usually sell pretty quick in my experience

EST time zone
All my trades can be done on either PC or Switch. I'm limited to when I can log onto PC but I can do a Switch trade pretty quickly
OP
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to provide an update. Had a GREAT first trade (
Vex
+
Ist
) and I cannot compliment my counterparty enough. Not only was I very happy with the trade, but the person on the other side of the table was extremely patient watching me fumble around trying to figure out where to look for game invites (only done solo play so far). I was also fortunate enough to get some awesome free stuff and good advice on future trading strategies.

It's a real testament to the strength of the D2R gaming community and this site.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...