Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   303 views

Description

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I couldn't find the answer through searching or in the guides. When I post an image in a trade, even if I manually resize the picture in a program, the image still gets blown up to fill the trade page. Is there a way to set the image size?
Description by SkullScythe

Can be used to make Runewords:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I couldn't find the answer through searching or in the guides. When I post an image in a trade, even if I manually resize the picture in a program, the image still gets blown up to fill the trade page. Is there a way to set the image size?
Don't think its possible on this site and implementing it is not trivial.
I (Linux as OS) use GIMP for such things and crop/resize images locally. Free, open source and cross-platform image processing tool.

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
on a mac crop/resize wit built in app "preview"
Blubbalutsch wrote: 2 weeks ago
Don't think its possible on this site and implementing it is not trivial.
I (Linux as OS) use GIMP for such things and crop/resize images locally. Free, open source and cross-platform image processing tool.
Do you swap between windows/linux when running D2R?
I just paste my screenshot on paint and crop the part that i'm interested. Don't know if this helps.
OP :

For all of my posts (general discussion / Trades ) i use the snipping tool on windows.

This includes the photo below:

Just drag over enough of the area you want the post to sit in , 3 second delay, Ctrl - V and DONE!

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
krathkor wrote: 2 weeks ago
on a mac crop/resize wit built in app "preview"
Yes, Preview is quiet mighty, fast and intuitive, this tool actually kept me on using Mac in the past for some time
ghostpos wrote: 2 weeks ago
Do you swap between windows/linux when running D2R?
Using Manjaro/Arch for everything...
Havn't used Windows in 20 years and last time Mac was 10 years ago :) I play thru (sandboxed) Lutris/wine. Requires some manual fixing from time to time, tho, but nothing impossible with a bit of research and understanding.
Win 11 in a virtual box is another solution some ppl do, but never tried it myself as it would take me a lot of time to configure my firewall and set up the box to prevent windows from sending all the telemetry and ad-profiling crap to the net.

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
On windows, I use
Snipping Tool

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
Interesting and yeah I get that fw config sounds annoying...

That's what I do too @fredkid
OP
No, you guys misunderstand. The image was already cropped in clip studio. The website is blowing the image up. I want to know if i can manually set size parameters in the post (like i can with text size, colors, etc).

Schnorki 3200Moderator

PC
SkullScythe wrote: 1 week ago
No, you guys misunderstand. The image was already cropped in clip studio. The website is blowing the image up. I want to know if i can manually set size parameters in the post (like i can with text size, colors, etc).
Don't think you can (or more accurately you probably can I just never bothered to figured out how as it shouldn't be needed) but re-sizing before you copy/paste should keep it as it was here. The site doesn't "undo" that.

E.g.: (base image at 100x100)
(same image scaled to 200x200)
(and scaled down to 50x50)

Are you actually re-sizing or just cropping and then keeping the cut-out at what would likely inherently still be a rather high res -> high # of pixels?

When in doubt, paste everything into a simple graphics tool (e.g. paint), resize to a specified actual size in pixels there, select all, copy, and then paste directly into the post here.
(e.g. the above was simply created at 100x100 in ms paint and then resized to 200x200 and 50x50 respectively before directly copy/pasting from there to here)
OP
Okay, nevermind it was my mistake. I thought I had made the image smaller than I did. This is what happens when you don't sleep and try to do things early in the morning.

Well, thanks for the replies anyways. I didn't expect this much activity! ^_^ b

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...