Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   519 views

Description

Is there a way to know the outcome of repairing a damaged or low quality item based on the available info of it? I found a damaged AP armor the other day. Decided to repair it, and it came out at 495 or 496 defense, don't remember the exact number now. I cubed it for sockets, and it gave me three. Eventually I traded the armor for
Ohm
on non-ladder.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Is there a way to know the outcome of repairing a damaged or low quality item based on the available info of it? I found a damaged AP armor the other day. Decided to repair it, and it came out at 495 or 496 defense, don't remember the exact number now. I cubed it for sockets, and it gave me three. Eventually I traded the armor for
Ohm
on non-ladder.
The big things you'll want to look at are the max sockets vs item level, defense, staffmods, and automods. When you use the 'normal quality' recipes on an item, it rerolls defense, staffmods, and automods, AND sets its item level to 1. At ilvl 1, some items are going to have different max sockets. With
Archon Plate
, for example, a normal drop has 4 max sockets. A 'repaired'
Archon Plate
has max 3 sockets. If you're trying to get an Enigma, Wealth, etc base, then fixing low quality items is awesome. If you want a Fortitude, well, not so much.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
Winterkill wrote: 6 months ago
The big things you'll want to look at are the max sockets vs item level, defense, staffmods, and automods. When you use the 'normal quality' recipes on an item, it rerolls defense, staffmods, and automods, AND sets its item level to 1. At ilvl 1, some items are going to have different max sockets. With
Archon Plate
, for example, a normal drop has 4 max sockets. A 'repaired'
Archon Plate
has max 3 sockets. If you're trying to get an Enigma, Wealth, etc base, then fixing low quality items is awesome. If you want a Fortitude, well, not so much.
Never though about this trick to get less sockets from Act 5 socket quest 😀 (wich gives you the max possible for the item)

Is it possible to make a regular 5/6 socket weapon have a max 4 with this trick (yes i"m think in 4S spears/polearms)?
Or it will end up always with a max 3 socket?

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

ShadowHeart 1772Moderator

Europe PC
fredkid wrote: 1 month ago
Is it possible to make a regular 5/6 socket weapon have a max 4 with this trick (yes i"m think in 4S spears/polearms)?
Or it will end up always with a max 3 socket?
Not with spears/polearms, no.

Check the link that krathkor provided for max socket details per item and ilvl range. Search the table for the item you're interested in, and look at the left-most column, which indicates the max sockets at ilvl 1-25.

Generally speaking though, very few items have max sockets 4 or greater at ilvl 1-25 - it's basically only staves and axes, not spears/polearms.

Also, you can typically never acquire an elite base in the middle range (ilvl 26-40), because they won't drop from monsters at that level and the cube repair recipe drops them down all the way to 1. Bases that theoretically can have max sockets >4 (the ones you'd be interested in "pushing down" to max = 4) have their max sockets = 4 in that middle range. Except axes and staves, that can have 4+ sockets in the lowest ilvl range.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
Is there a way to know that a item was repaired?
(I thinking in someone selling me a unsocket item that will end up with less max sockets than I expect because it was in fact a low quality repaired...)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

ShadowHeart 1772Moderator

Europe PC
fredkid wrote: 1 month ago
Is there a way to know that a item was repaired?
(I thinking in someone selling me a unsocket item that will end up with less max sockets than I expect because it was in fact a low quality repaired...)
This is a risk, yes. I'm not sure if there's a way to tell besides staff/auto-mods. If an item has +X to a required level 12 or higher skill then it's guaranteed to be higher than ilvl 1, IIRC. Similarly, you can use the automods on class-specific equipment to determine whether an item is actually ilvl 1. For example, a Paladin shield with ilvl 1 can have at most +10 to all resistances, and Amazon spears/bows with ilvl 1 can only have at most +1 to skill tree.

https://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/i ... aladin.txt
https://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/i ... amazon.txt

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...