Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members

Post your PC build

No data yet

Description

Looks like from the poll that most of us will be playing Resurrected on PC, and this wouldn't be a proper bulletin board without a thread for showing off our rigs :P

So here we go... I'm coming in with a very modest setup for my main rig, but it suits my needs perfectly:
  • 29" LG Ultrawide monitor (2056x1080px) on an adjustable arm (I rotate it 90 deg sometimes for coding)
  • Coolermaster Elite 130 Mini-ITX sized case
  • Dual Core Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz
  • 16GB of Crucial DDR4 RAM
  • 4GB Kalm-X Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB VRAM (no fan, just one big heatsink)
  • It's a 'silent' compact build so I spent a lot on low dB fans, PSU, CPU cooler etc.
  • I'm able to natively boot OS X (hackintoshed High Sierra) and Windows with it using Clover.
  • Mac OS X for development and Windows for games - this is what I use when I'm home on land.
I also own a 2015 11" Macbook Air which is in my opinion the best notepad Apple ever made before they started losing their way.
It's been modified with a new NVME hard drive which is faster and has a larger capacity than the original factory one.
This is what I use when I'm away at sea.

Description by Teebling

Can be used for Runewords

Teebling

Trust

A measure of trading reputation

This is the number of times this member had one of their trades marked as trustworthy.

Members with higher trustworthiness are less likely to scam or try to cheat you in-game and generally enjoy faster and higher quantities of responses.

Build up your own trust in the d2io marketplace by creating detailed trade ads and executing deals quickly. A friendly attitude always helps :)

Europe PC

Looks like from the poll that most of us will be playing Resurrected on PC, and this wouldn't be a proper bulletin board without a thread for showing off our rigs :P

So here we go... I'm coming in with a very modest setup for my main rig, but it suits my needs perfectly:
  • 29" LG Ultrawide monitor (2056x1080px) on an adjustable arm (I rotate it 90 deg sometimes for coding)
  • Coolermaster Elite 130 Mini-ITX sized case
  • Dual Core Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz
  • 16GB of Crucial DDR4 RAM
  • 4GB Kalm-X Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB VRAM (no fan, just one big heatsink)
  • It's a 'silent' compact build so I spent a lot on low dB fans, PSU, CPU cooler etc.
  • I'm able to natively boot OS X (hackintoshed High Sierra) and Windows with it using Clover.
  • Mac OS X for development and Windows for games - this is what I use when I'm home on land.
I also own a 2015 11" Macbook Air which is in my opinion the best notepad Apple ever made before they started losing their way.
It's been modified with a new NVME hard drive which is faster and has a larger capacity than the original factory one.
This is what I use when I'm away at sea.

Th3ory

Trust

This is the number of times this member had one of their trades marked as trustworthy.

Members with higher trustworthiness are less likely to scam or try to cheat you in-game and generally enjoy faster and higher quantities of responses.

Build up your own trust in the d2io marketplace by creating detailed trade ads and executing deals quickly. A friendly attitude always helps :)

Barbarian PC

My main rig is below purely for gaming and streaming. Also have a legacy and still powerful Asus Zephryus GX531 mainly to support as a secondary unit.

Thanks to @Shadow who helped with this initial structure and was fortunate to get the 3090 upgraded from my existing 3080FE as a gift on father's day! Should be able to adequately play D2:R at virtually max settings across the board, but likely will do some testing/tweaking during BETA.

Stormlash

Trust

Barbarian Europe PC

My 2015 setup :P

Monitor: ASUS VX248H - 24'' FHD (1920x1080)
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.40GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Board: Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
RAM: 16GB
SSD: Samsung SSD 750 EVO 500GB

Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 v2
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Essential

Stay safe!
- Stormlash

CitationNumber

Trust

PC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
SSD: 250GB
HDD: 500GB
RAM: G.SKILL F4 DDR4 3200 C16 2x16GB
MBD: Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI

Beardozer

Trust

Barbarian PC

I work for a motherboard manufacturer so I get leftover parts, this build makes no sense for the light gaming and powerpoint workloads that I use it for but it was basically leftover shit from the lab

32-core Threadripper 2990WX
4x8GB > 32GB RAM
3x NVMe RAID 0
GTX980ti

Tavron

Trust

Paladin Europe PC

My setup

Running with a laptop hooked up to a monitor setup so I have 2 screens available. Laptop choice is due to my line of work requiring some heavy calculations with BIM software and being able to be mobile.
  • Laptop: Vision Note G8560 G-Series 15.6''
  • Monitor: ACER 24'' (1920x1080 - can't remember the exact model)
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
  • Ram: SODIMM DDR4-2400 16GB Kingston RAM
  • SSD: 500GB
  • HDD: 2TB

"Seven Evils spawned of seven heads. Seven realms birthed from Death."

somthinwicked

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

I will be playing on an older laptop, and I'm looking to upgrade soon!

Laptop: MSI GT70 (built by Cyberpower in 2012)
Monitor: Acer 23'' & Dell 23" (the Acer I've had since 2009 & the Dell I got on FB for $20 a few years ago - both seem to work well for my purposes!)
CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.40 GHZ
GPU: GTX 675M 2GB
Ram: 12GB CORSAIR Vengeance 1600
SSD: 128GB ADATA SP900 SATA III

I'd appreciate folk's reporting their experience with their various set-ups so I know what to look out for!

Maras1990

Trust

Necromancer PC

somthinwicked wrote: 1 month ago
I'd appreciate folk's reporting their experience with their various set-ups so I know what to look out for!
Would be cool if we had a benchmark topic or something so people know what to aim for when the game releases.

somthinwicked

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

Maras1990 wrote: 1 month ago
Would be cool if we had a benchmark topic or something so people know what to aim for when the game releases.
Agreed!

Amokk

Trust

Barbarian Xbox

Dell S2421HN

series S

HP 8th gen i5 + 16gb 2400Mhz + 256 SSD

=P

CitationNumber

Trust

PC

CitationNumber wrote: 2 months ago
I bought first m.2 ssd this week. 500gb, 60 DOLL HAIRS!! Praise be. Excited to install it next week and take it for a spin. 500mb r/w to 3000.

I've ben reviewing my build lately looking for cost effective things I can upgrade. I bought a pre built pc in like 2015. Eventually bought a new case as mine was destroyed by my early/mid 20's. Moved everything over... dead. Kilt the mobo somehow. All the parts I had were outdated for any recent mobo except the gpu so I was forced to spend 600 dollars after biting my hand for the 75 dollar case like the meme. Having told this story, I am now very glad I do my research because the cpu is still current for today which makes me very happy as I paid LESS THEN 200 dollars for it.

The only thing I can upgrade from here for my use really is the psu and a new gpu.....and a 4k monitor (undecided about refresh rate, the only fps game I plan on playing is battlefield and I'm not some psycho pro player so is it really worth the money to go to 144, probably not). As we all know, gtx 2000 series is double msrp starting price. I'll be in the market for one when prices chill out.

On that topic, I feel like the inflation is going to hold. You know like, heres x product for 5 dollars. X event happens that disrupts this distribution, because of it it is now 15 dollars. As things smooth out and people are just used to these prices after 1-2 years, I feel it will just so happen to naturally always be more expensive, lets say seven fidy. Speculative bullshitin :)

Sabcoll

Trust

Amazon PC

• Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Palit Geforce 1080 Super JetStream
  • G.Skill RipJaws 32 GB DDR4 @3600
  • ________________________
  • Super Silent Build
  • ________________________
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Big Tower
  • Scythe Fuma 2 SCFM-2000
  • WD Black SN750 M2 SSD
  • MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WIF
  • Fractal Design Ion+ 860P PSU
  • 27" 144Hz HP x27i WQHD
Still waiting for GPU prices to drop, but I guess I'm still good with the 1080...
And i still love my Nanoxia Tower, even though the current super silent towers aka BeQuiet etc. have pretty nice features!

D2 & LoD Veteran
Twitch: chrisso86
If you like my posts & content, I would really appreciate a follow on twitch!
Ex InDiablo.de Staff
Greatest Find: Arkaine's Valor 1.08
Fishyzon Build
OP

Teebling

Trust

Europe PC

@Sabcoll all my case fans, CPU cooler, and PSU are BeQuiet. Love this Brand so much!

gmy77

Trust

Assassin Europe PC

Windows 10 64bit
Intel I5
12GB Ram
NVidia GF. 970GTX
SSD

This is my OLD system, but in fact work all... NOT Windows 11...

PS: This is not the right place ... BUT after this I really think that in my life there will be no more room for other Windows if this "nonsense" continues which only serves to sell new hardware. Sorry for the outburst and above all, I went off topic ...

somthinwicked

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

Monitor: Acer 23'' & Dell 23" (the Acer I've had since 2009 & the Dell I got on FB for $20 a few years ago - both seem to work well for my purposes!)

Building a new (Budget) Rig just for this game!

Monitor: 27" Samsung Curved 1080p 60hz $100 Local buy
Case: Rosewill microATX Mini Tower (FBM-X1) - $29.15 (amazon)
CPU: i5-10400F 6 core 2.9Ghz up to 4.3Ghz - $130.00 (reddit hardwareswap)
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 4GB VRAM - $140 (Local buy, I would like to have gotten it for cheaper, but hey, it's a GPU-Apocolypse!)
RAM: OLOy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 - $70 (newegg)
MOBO: MSI Pro Intel B460M-A PRO LGA 1200 mATX - $82 (newegg)
SSD: 128 TeamGroup 2.5" - Was $55 new back in 2015.. re-using it.
PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w - Was $40 back in 2009.. re-using it.

I'll report back on how this old GTX 970 holds up!

Benzoxazine

Trust

Necromancer PC

I got the majority of my hardware before prices went nuts thankfully but here's my build with what I paid.

Monitor: 27" AOC 1440p/144 Hz (cheap but definitely effective at $260)
CPU: Ryzen 2700X ($140)
NZXT Kraken X62 ($140) I feel a little dumb for this purchase but it was my first build. I should've definitely got a better CPU or GPU.
GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC (Got as a free upgrade from selling a 1660 Super for $430 so really I paid $210)
RAM: Corsair LPX 16 GB (2X8 GB) @ 3600 MHz ($80)
Motherboard: ASUS Prime X470 Pro ($120)
SSD 1: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus ($100)
SSD 2: 1 TB WD Black (gifted)
HDD: 2 TB Seagate @ 7200 RPM ($50)
PSU: 850W Seasonic (gifted) Used to have a 650W ($120) but I wanted to have room for my next upgrade (probably next gen).

Definitely will be testing out different settings and will report what performance I'm getting.

Here's what I'm seeing:
The game runs just fine from 70-120 fps in most situations on max settings at 1440p. I haven't been in areas with a ton of things going on at once like orbs, blizzards, hurricanes, and necromancers. I did turn shadows to medium as I do in most games and it helped a little. I also changed sharpening to 35 and I think that looks nice without being sharp. I tried adjusting other settings but they don't usually change the frames too much that I've seen when changing down from very high to high. If I go below that, the game no longer looks how I want it to be. So if you REALLY need high frames, I think scaling the resolution might be the best bet.

I'm usually pretty snobbish about how many frames I'm getting but with a game like D2, I think anything 60 or above is perfectly fine and is smooth enough for me. Plus, all the new eye-candy is wonderful.

CitationNumber

Trust

PC

I have a hella update to my first post here coming next weekend :).

somthinwicked

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

Unfortunately D2R Beta would not run on this laptop... too old :-(.

CitationNumber

Trust

PC

COOLER: H150i ELITE CAPELLIX
FANS: Corsair LL Series CO-9050072-WW LL120 RGB
PSU: RM850x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular
SNACKS: PERKY JERKY 2.2 OZ
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070
SSD: Crucial MX500 250GB
SSD: Samsung 980 NVMe PCIe M.2
HDD: WD Blue 500GB

Monitors as well. Was thinking of getting an ultra wide monitor but the aspect ratio support I was unsure about so got a Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD, 16:9, 4ms, 165hz, 1440. Decided to get the ultra wide to try it out, and during the process of it being shipped decided I was going to keep both, and omg. I love this thing. GIGABYTE - 34" LED UltraWide WQHD, 21:9, 1ms, 144hz, 1440.

somthinwicked

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

CitationNumber wrote: 1 month ago

COOLER: H150i ELITE CAPELLIX
FANS: Corsair LL Series CO-9050072-WW LL120 RGB
PSU: RM850x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular
SNACKS: PERKY JERKY 2.2 OZ
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070
SSD: Crucial MX500 250GB
SSD: Samsung 980 NVMe PCIe M.2
HDD: WD Blue 500GB

Monitors as well. Was thinking of getting an ultra wide monitor but the aspect ratio support I was unsure about so got a Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD, 16:9, 4ms, 165hz, 1440. Decided to get the ultra wide to try it out, and during the process of it being shipped decided I was going to keep both, and omg. I love this thing. GIGABYTE - 34" LED UltraWide WQHD, 21:9, 1ms, 144hz, 1440.
Sweet new rig! Should run laps around D2 & D4 for that latter. How much $ did you sell for 1060 for?

CitationNumber

Trust

PC

[/quote]

Sweet new rig! Should run laps around D2 & D4 for that latter. How much $ did you sell for 1060 for?
[/quote]

Thanks!! I never thought that I would actually build a decent rig but here I be. I have the career, time, and knowledge to do it I guess and the universe shared.

Ohhh no, I didnt sell my 1060, although I think it would be a good time to do so! I am going to keep it, for two reasons. The first being I have a 4 year old and when he can read and he is ready I will help him build build his first computer with my spare parts, and make him work for the rest. The second as a back up or if I want to do a project and need another desktop or what have you.

Beardozer

Trust

Barbarian PC

CitationNumber wrote: 1 month ago
Ohhh no, I didnt sell my 1060, although I think it would be a good time to do so! I am going to keep it, for two reasons. The first being I have a 4 year old and when he can read and he is ready I will help him build build his first computer with my spare parts, and make him work for the rest.
that's a solid plan, he gets to work for it & he gets some early experience with how to stick computer parts together.

klh

Trust

Assassin Europe XLinux

Here I go with my 2015 build that got a GPU and the monitor in 2016:

• MONITOR: Philips BDM4350UC, 4k, 42.5", IPS
  • CPU: i7-6700k @ 5GHz
  • GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOR OC 8GB
  • MOBO: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING
  • SSD: Samsung 256GB M.2 (MZVPV256HDGL-00000)
  • RAM: 2x 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V, DDR4, 3000MHz, CL15
  • PSU: Corsair CX 650M
Ran the beta pretty good :)

EDIT: whoops, necroed a thread, no idea how since it popped up in "Latest discussion"

BMAY

Trust

Assassin Americas PC

@klh How could you?

Well since I'm here.... Rig I built X-mas of 2016 still running strong. Only upgraded Monitors since.

3x monitors, main is Acer Nitro XV340CK 34" Ultrawide 3440x1400 @144Hz
CPU - i7 - 6700K @ 5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 (AIO liquid cooler)
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Hybrid (AIO liquid cooler)
MOBO: Asus Z170i PRO GAMING
SSD1: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe M.2
SSD2: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
RAM: 16 GB G.Skill TridentZ, DDR4, 3000MHz, CL15
PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G2L
Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S

Bonus pre-build image:

Krythic

Trust

PC

BMAY wrote: 1 week ago

Rig I built X-mas of 2016 still running strong.
Whoa, careful there. Mentioning the superior longevity, better price points, and more intelligent investment of building your own PC, versus buying a new console every 4-5 years, is seen as unforgivable heresy, and a savage blow against Console user's "Holy Narrative" . You don't want to instigate a riot do you?

Same boat as you though. I spent $2300 in 2015 and my PC is still running strong. Still plays games that came out yesterday on high and sometimes ultra settings.

PC Master Race.

WhirLWinD

Trust

Barbarian Americas PC

Desktop: Acer Nitro N50-600-UR1A
Monitor: Acer S240HL bd 24" 1920 x 1080 5 ms 60 Hz LCD Monitor
CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: 2x8GB(16GB Total) Samsung 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM 2666
SSD: 512GB WDC

Sutlore

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

4 years old now. I would use it until 2nd or 3rd Gen system that support DDR5 comes out, around 2024-2025 maybe.

i7 7700
32GB Ram 2166
2TB SS970evo SSD
2+3TB HDD
GTX1660super

24 inches monitors, LG and Dell

klh

Trust

Assassin Europe XLinux

@BMAY that's a very similar spec to mine, also got the first Rift :D

I actually wanted to upgrade to Ryzen 2000 for more cores, saw that a new one will be releasing shortly, waited for Ryzen 3000, they were not in stock and then I saw rumors that Zen4 is supposed to have DDR5 support and a new socket. Good thing this system is still fine after 6 years.

BMAY

Trust

Assassin Americas PC

klh wrote: 1 week ago
@BMAY that's a very similar spec to mine, also got the first Rift :D

I actually wanted to upgrade to Ryzen 2000 for more cores, saw that a new one will be releasing shortly, waited for Ryzen 3000, they were not in stock and then I saw rumors that Zen4 is supposed to have DDR5 support and a new socket. Good thing this system is still fine after 6 years.
I noted that as well!

And yeah it built this originally for all my VR hype that year with the first consumer device releases of the Rift and Vive. Was originally going to rebuild thing year but there is really no need to.

Especially considering I havent upgraded my headsets yet and the current state of the GPU market....May just end up going another year or two.

Deranged

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

Monitors: Asus 24' 144hz, Samsung 24' 60 hz
CPU: Intel Core i7 7820x CPU @ 3.60 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 32gb Trident G.Skill
Storage: 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD

i think this build is about 3 years old now maybe a shade more, still a monster for years to come :D

Immortal

Trust

Paladin Americas PC

Built this for Diablo 2 Resurrected, Hosting Plex Server & Mining.

• Processor: AMD 5950x
  • Graphics Card: Strix 3090 OC
  • Ram: G Skill 64 Gigabyte DDR4 3200
  • Storage: 2x 2 TB nvme SSD, 28 TB additional storage
  • PSU: Corsair AX1000 Platinum Rated
  • Fans: QL120 RGB x 9
  • Lighting: Commander Pro, Lighting Node x 2
My old rig is also wall mounted right above and I control this on the top middle screen. Currently running my old 1080 TI mining, but may run two D2R clients to rush ETC.

D2 Veteran

Favorite Skills - Blessed Hammer - Chain Lightning - Lightning Fury - Frozen Orb - Nova - Multiple Shot

https://tinyurl.com/D2-Ref-Sheet - credit /u/MysticReddit

thrugg_aka_trogg

Trust

PC

My "box" https://i.redd.it/xla3i3q6i8xx.jpg

(Maybe this should go in the meme thread xD)

Another one https://cdn.segmentnext.com/wp-content/ ... ato-pc.jpg
Core iPotato series

Senzor

Trust

Necromancer Europe PC

Hey :D
I upgraded my PC because of the D2R release and got following specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 11700k
RAM: 32GB G.Skill
GPU: Zotac RTX 3070
Storage: 1TB Samsung M.2 PCI-E NVMe 970 EVO Plus

Now I am ready to go! :)

"Evil has survived. A dark figure wanders in the East. He must be stopped at all costs."

BMAY

Trust

Assassin Americas PC

thrugg_aka_trogg wrote: 1 week ago
Core iPotato series
🤣
Getting some strong Portal vibes here

Khalifa

Trust

Sorceress Europe PC

Old rig from 2015, time to upgrade but still waiting for new hardware releases, imo its not the best time to upgrade, waiting for new ryzens and intels..

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.5 Ghz
Placa base: Asus Rampage V Extreme Usb 3.1
Gráfica: Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 OC
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Red DDR4 16GB @ 3000 Mhz
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo SSD Series 500GB
HDD: WD Black 2TB
Fuente: Enermax Platimax 1000W Modular 80 Plus Platinum
Disipador: Corsair Hydro H115i Pro RGB
Caja: Corsair Obsidian 900D
Cascos: HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro
Ratón: Logitech G Pro Wireless
Teclado: Ozone Strike Pro
Alfombrilla: SteelSeries QcK Heavy

potemkinhr

Trust

Necromancer PC

Got two rigs, my 2013 home rig and a work laptop, so here goes:

Desktop:
CPU - Intel i5 3570k OC @4,2 GHz
RAM - 2x 8GB DDR3-1600
GPU - Asus Strix GTX970 4GB
SSD - Kingston V300 480GB SATA SSD

Laptop:
Lenovo Legion 5
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
RAM - 2x 8GB DDR4-3200
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
SSD - SHkynix 1TB nVME SSD

The desktop rig was normally running D2R during beta locked at 60FPS almost all the time on Medium so I'm happy with it.
Didn't try it on the laptop much but it should fly as it's fairly better than the desktop rig.

CitationNumber

Trust

PC

Immortal wrote: 1 week ago
Built this for Diablo 2 Resurrected, Hosting Plex Server & Mining.
I was going to say I could have mailed you any amount of electrical tape or color you wanted until I saw the 3090. Haha! Nice build and hobbies. I got a 3070 and I'm more than happy. Going to be looking at the 5/6000 series for my next upgrade. Whenever 4k 120hz 21:9 monitors are 500 dollars or less and gpus are available that can handle it on ultraish.

Beardozer

Trust

Barbarian PC

CitationNumber wrote: 3 days ago
Whenever 4k 120hz 21:9 monitors are 500 dollars or less and gpus are available that can handle it on ultraish.
Man I just picked up a 4k monitor and am really not impressed with the DPI scaling experience. I got it for work to read schematics, and it does that job great, but for every other use I kind of hate it. The 60hz refresh rate sucks, but I can live with that. The halfassed amalgamation of 150% DPI scaling that half works / half doesn't work depending on the application is infuriating though. Some things are extra clear from the DPI boost, others get nasty upscaling applied to it because of how Windows handles this stuff and looks like there is vasoline smeared across the screen. I don't think PCs in general can really perfect DPI scaling either, based on how the process works, so... I don't know man, I'd rather just stay on a low DPI monitor. 1440P @ like 28" is about the highest I'm ever going unless DPI scaling magically improves over the years.

CitationNumber

Trust

PC

Beardozer wrote: 3 days ago
Whenever 4k 120hz 21:9 monitors are 500 dollars or less and gpus are available that can handle it on ultraish.
Man I just picked up a 4k monitor and am really not impressed with the DPI scaling experience. I got it for work to read schematics, and it does that job great, but for every other use I kind of hate it. The 60hz refresh rate sucks, but I can live with that. The halfassed amalgamation of 150% DPI scaling that half works / half doesn't work depending on the application is infuriating though. Some things are extra clear from the DPI boost, others get nasty upscaling applied to it because of how Windows handles this stuff and looks like there is vasoline smeared across the screen. I don't think PCs in general can really perfect DPI scaling either, based on how the process works, so... I don't know man, I'd rather just stay on a low DPI monitor. 1440P @ like 28" is about the highest I'm ever going unless DPI scaling magically improves over the years.
What do you mean by DPI? DPI is dots per inch for like printing and such. What your saying has got me reassured on my waiting period!

Beardozer

Trust

Barbarian PC

What do you mean by DPI? DPI is dots per inch for like printing and such. What your saying has got me reassured on my waiting period!
Yeah you got the right idea - monitors all have a certain number of pixels per inch, rated in PPI. This is why they can technically display a clearer image, they have smaller pixels and more of them.

But that's also their weakness - with such smaller pixels, everything in the image on the screen looks extremely small. So the OS has a feature called DPI scaling, effectively scaling everything on the screen up to be larger. The dot pitch in the software layer is called DPI, dots per inch, just like your print reference. My 28" 4k display recommends 150% DPI scaling, which zooms everything on the screen in by 150% so it's not displaying things for ants.

The problem is desktop computers all support software that can go back 20-30 years, lots of even recent applications weren't written to be aware of these high PPI screens... Some (most?) software around now is written to handle this well and can scale up crisply and cleanly. But the stuff that isn't written to handle it stands out in a big way and looks blurry as shit because it's effectively just zooming into bitmaps. Paste an image into MS Paint and resize the image by 150% to see what this looks like.

I'll just stay with monitors that live at 100% DPI scale for the time being. I don't really think this problem ever gets better tbh. I'd take a 144hz 1440P or 240hz 1080p display over 4k any day.

6ix9ine

Trust

Necromancer Americas PC

i got an i5 3570k and a 1060 6gb will it be enough to run d2r??? prolly right

apetresc

Trust

Sorceress Americas XLinux

Neat, so you got the beta working in Linux? :) Do you mind sharing the setup you used for that? D2R doesn't seem to be in the Lutris.net database. Was it just the normal Wine running the BNet client setup, or did you need to do anything special with Proton or custom patches?

OP

Teebling

Trust

Europe PC

apetresc wrote: 3 days ago
Neat, so you got the beta working in Linux? :) Do you mind sharing the setup you used for that? D2R doesn't seem to be in the Lutris.net database. Was it just the normal Wine running the BNet client setup, or did you need to do anything special with Proton or custom patches?
Someone shared a Linux setup topic for Resurrected here:

forums/info-regarding-d2r-on-linux-easy-t8706.html

SmallFish

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

Nothing fancy but it should play D2R nicely (I hope!):

⦁ SSD: 465GB | Windows 11
⦁ HDD: 1.82TB | Storage
⦁ Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z390-P (Coffee Lake)
⦁ CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz, 8 Cores
⦁ GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
⦁ Display: ASUS VG248QE 24" Full HD 144Hz
Memory: 16 GB DDR4 RAM
⦁ Sound: BOSE / HyperX Headphones

Good luck everyone!

potemkinhr

Trust

Necromancer PC

6ix9ine wrote: 3 days ago
i got an i5 3570k and a 1060 6gb will it be enough to run d2r??? prolly right
It's somewhere right with my rig (same CPU, GF970), I played the game during the beta on medium details pretty much locked to 60FPS so you will be all right.
Bear in mind the beta wasn't that optimized in some cases so the performance should be more consistent for the public release.

RaPsKa

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

486 dx2 66 4mb ram

David Pumpkins

Trust

Sorceress Europe PC

My PC is from early 2019 and will probably keep it at least 2 - 3 more years given the current availability and prices of components.

The components are :

CPU : I7-9700k
GPU : RTX 2080 8GB
HDD : 2TB
SSD : 125GB (Installed D2R here)
RAM : 16GB
Monitor (one) : 27 inch Dell G-Sync.

Most, if not everything I play on this PC I do at a 2560 x 1440 pixel resolution .

Harmsy

Trust

Necromancer Europe PC

CPU: i5-3570
GPU: GTX 660
RAM: 8GB DDR3
with an SSD

Really hoping I can play on lowest settings! Beta had some jitters for me but hopefully it has been optimised a little bit!

Fingers crossed!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...