diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   1456 views

Obscure, typically discarded items on your personal grail list

No data yet

Description

I recently heard rumor that it’s possible to shop and drop wands with level 3
Lower Resist
charges which in itself is enough to lighten my psychological load in grinding to level 94 when they allegedly become available. At that point, I want a rare
Wand
with 20fcr, lower res 3 charges and tri res :p (just lower res 3 would will be fine haha). Can anyone confirm or deny the legends of the lower res 3
Wand
?

I was wondering if anyone else has interesting items they’re looking for which 99% of player base would discard.

Another on my list is dual leech
Attract
charges ring. I really should extensively test
Attract
before getting excited about my search, but usually the idea of something is more alluring than its manifestation in reality ;)

Finally, after using
Double Throw
to level up my trav barb this season, I want gg ethereal throwing items and I’ve started checking them all which will likely cost me around a
Ber
rune of value in time by seasons end, wasted sorting, Id’ing then inevitably throwing them back on the Ground when they suck :p

Can be used to make Runewords:

Rik 132

Americas PC
I recently heard rumor that it’s possible to shop and drop wands with level 3
Lower Resist
charges which in itself is enough to lighten my psychological load in grinding to level 94 when they allegedly become available. At that point, I want a rare
Wand
with 20fcr, lower res 3 charges and tri res :p (just lower res 3 would will be fine haha). Can anyone confirm or deny the legends of the lower res 3
Wand
?

I was wondering if anyone else has interesting items they’re looking for which 99% of player base would discard.

Another on my list is dual leech
Attract
charges ring. I really should extensively test
Attract
before getting excited about my search, but usually the idea of something is more alluring than its manifestation in reality ;)

Finally, after using
Double Throw
to level up my trav barb this season, I want gg ethereal throwing items and I’ve started checking them all which will likely cost me around a
Ber
rune of value in time by seasons end, wasted sorting, Id’ing then inevitably throwing them back on the Ground when they suck :p
Speaking of
Attract
curse, ive been using it alot as of late on my hc nl bonenec, it is a very good crowd control. There are some caveats though:
- only works on normal monsters, no elite, unique or champion of any sort
- only curse 1 monster within the spell area effect. Subsequent cast of the spell on the same area does not seem to curse additional monster… however, when i cast it on a different group of monster, 1 monster from that group gets cursed. I was able to cursed multiple normal monsters in different area (I might be wrong and it worked because previous attracted monster had died…?)

Overall,
Attract
is very useful to remove aggro and pass it on to near by monster.

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
Yea buddy
Attract
charges is one of the very few charges I’d consider keeping, no matter what it’s on.

I tried a while back to gamble a GG rare throwing item, wouldn’t have been
Eth
, but still could have gotten some GG stats: i was looking for IAS, chance to cast amp damage, fool’s mod, and at least 200ed. I spent way longer than I’m confortable farming $ in trav and gambling, in the end i got 2 mediocre weapons, i even think i ditched them sine then. The EUniques are much better now.

I’m still looking for an
Eth
Lacerator

The GG
Eth
throw weapons are sooooo rare it’s better to just deal with the overwhelming likelihood you’ll never find them. It’s like finding a perfect base for Obsession… it’s technically possible, but damn

…having said that i am still waiting on a perfect 3/3/3/20 orb to drop for my fire sorc (+3 fire skills, +3
Fire Mastery
, +3
Fireball
, +20% FCR). Would also love a necro head like that for
Poison Nova
d2rppa69 wrote: 1 month ago
Speaking of
Attract
curse, ive been using it alot as of late on my hc nl bonenec, it is a very good crowd control. There are some caveats though:
- only curse 1 monster within the spell area effect. Subsequent cast of the spell on the same area does not seem to curse additional monster… however, when i cast it on a different group of monster, 1 monster from that group gets cursed. I was able to cursed multiple normal monsters in different area (I might be wrong and it worked because previous attracted monster had died…?)

Overall,
Attract
Its also great for fixing density clears in cow levels if your paitent enough that is.

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.
For me, most recently, it's been a +5 or +6 to
War Cry
Helm
, ideally with at least one point in natural res. I wonder how many I've left on the Ground unidentified over the past couple years...probably at least one

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Rik wrote: 1 month ago
[..]
[..]
5-socket
War Spike
. Same procedure as every season.

(Well, every active season at least..still busy with bg3 for this one ^^)
OP

Rik 132

Americas PC
Speaking of
Attract

Overall,
Attract
Do you happen to know how enemies react with an attracted monster in an area when they are impacted by fear? My guess is it depends on what is inflicted first, ie,
Attract
then fear, they run and vice versa. I would test but I never make necromancers.

I really like the idea of making a ‘caster’ barb and rings offer a great way to add to his spell book. I’ve already got my eyes on some Marrowwalks, usually I just discard them until I became aware that they have level 12 lifetap and
Bone Prison
charges. I think my deepest ambition for the character is just to annoy the hell out of ppl in public games by leaping, making warcry noises constantly and giving them wtf moments with the spells I start throwing out. However, I can see
Attract
having some practical uses I want to test out.
OP

Rik 132

Americas PC
Nate2.0 wrote: 1 month ago
Yea buddy
Attract
charges is one of the very few charges I’d consider keeping, no matter what it’s on.

I tried a while back to gamble a GG rare throwing item, wouldn’t have been
Eth
, but still could have gotten some GG stats: i was looking for IAS, chance to cast amp damage, fool’s mod, and at least 200ed. I spent way longer than I’m confortable farming $ in trav and gambling, in the end i got 2 mediocre weapons, i even think i ditched them sine then. The EUniques are much better now.

I’m still looking for an
Eth
Lacerator

The GG
Eth
throw weapons are sooooo rare it’s better to just deal with the overwhelming likelihood you’ll never find them. It’s like finding a perfect base for Obsession… it’s technically possible, but damn

…having said that i am still waiting on a perfect 3/3/3/20 orb to drop for my fire sorc (+3 fire skills, +3
Fire Mastery
, +3
Fireball
, +20% FCR). Would also love a necro head like that for
Poison Nova
Yes, it’s honestly a waste of time to pick them up, but it’s always the really really rare stuff that keeps me going in the game. I wish they’d program more possibilities for rare items to surpass uniques and runewords in more capacities by expanding the affix range or letting them roll with even more affixes.

The main filter on weapons is the ethereal factor which what I understand is only 5 percent of items which drop. I’ve dropped corporeal items which would be borderline gg if only they were ethereal, but tag the 1/20 chance to the already absurd probability of gg rare rolls and you’ve got yourself a play for 30 years and never see one kind of situation. At the very least, I wish the game would let you see whether an item was ethereal before you had to pick it up.

For rare body armor and helms(except circlets/class specific) to my understanding, there are almost no circumstances in which they are utilized in end game besides very high defense body armors for melee dueling. It’d be nice for some additional affixes to roll on them to make some jackpot rolls competitive with what is already available and much easier to find than the gg rolls on rares which do exceed runewords and uniques. However, having to sort through even more crap in this game would probably drive me insane so maybe I don’t want it…

For orbs yes, I pick those up most often, even though it has cost me lots of time with little profit. Can you imagine the stress of handing that thing to
Larzuk
?

Additional note: for the bypass of Enigma, I’d love it if high level rares such as ammy and especially rings could roll with high charges of
Teleport
, like 75. Enigma is great, but I don’t want to use it on every character I make that isn’t a sorceress.
Rik wrote: 1 month ago
Speaking of
Attract

Overall,
Attract
Do you happen to know how enemies react with an attracted monster in an area when they are impacted by fear? My guess is it depends on what is inflicted first, ie,
Attract
then fear, they run and vice versa. I would test but I never make necromancers.

I really like the idea of making a ‘caster’ barb and rings offer a great way to add to his spell book. I’ve already got my eyes on some Marrowwalks, usually I just discard them until I became aware that they have level 12 lifetap and
Bone Prison
charges. I think my deepest ambition for the character is just to annoy the hell out of ppl in public games by leaping, making warcry noises constantly and giving them wtf moments with the spells I start throwing out. However, I can see
Attract
having some practical uses I want to test out.
Hi

From my understanding, monster that has
Attract
curse cannot be overwritten. So if fear is cast upon the a group of mobs that has an
Attract
cursed mobster, all other monsters will be feared except for that one?

Can trade on PC or SWITCH

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...