Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   561 views

Description

Hi. Got 2 questions:
Lower Resist
- curse an enemy to take more dmg from all magical attacks - how does it work? How it increase dmg of magical attacks?
Summon Resist
is a synergy to
Raise Skeleton
and summon golems - what is a benefit from this synergy?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi. Got 2 questions:
Lower Resist
- curse an enemy to take more dmg from all magical attacks - how does it work? How it increase dmg of magical attacks?
Summon Resist
is a synergy to
Raise Skeleton
and summon golems - what is a benefit from this synergy?
Lower Resist
reduces afflicted enemies' resistances to fire, cold, lightning, and poison. If their resistance to a specific type of damage was 0 to begin with, then it effectively amplifies your damage taken by the percentage listed on the skill. Note that this does not affect resistances to magic damage (e.g. casting it before using
Bone Spear
won't make it do more damage since
Bone Spear
deals magic damage)

If an enemy is immune to a specific damage type,
Lower Resist
only takes effect at 1/5 of the value listed for that damage type (e.g. a Level 10
Lower Resist
will only reduce fire resist by -11 instead of -55 when affecting a fire immune monster).

Summon Resist
adds resistances to elemental attacks for your monsters. The first point in the skill gives 28 all res so effectively all your summons takes 28% less damage from fire, cold, or lightning sources. Not sure if it affects poison or magic damage but either way they'll last longer in general.

Necrarch 1614Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
2 - Yes it affects poison. No to magic though, it adds resists to your summon exactly as you get resistances yourself through your gear. Warning : it has diminishing return, so most people just add 1 point in that skill and let the various + skills you have on gear to do the trick (to give an idea my necro with 1 point gets at level 16 of that skill, i.e. 64% resist all for my summons, and level 17 adds... nothing!).

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
NecroSandro wrote: 2 months ago
Lower Resist
reduces afflicted enemies' resistances to fire, cold, lightning, and poison. If their resistance to a specific type of damage was 0 to begin with, then it effectively amplifies your damage taken by the percentage listed on the skill. Note that this does not affect resistances to magic damage (e.g. casting it before using
Bone Spear
won't make it do more damage since
Bone Spear
deals magic damage)

If an enemy is immune to a specific damage type,
Lower Resist
only takes effect at 1/5 of the value listed for that damage type (e.g. a Level 10
Lower Resist
will only reduce fire resist by -11 instead of -55 when affecting a fire immune monster).

Summon Resist
adds resistances to elemental attacks for your monsters. The first point in the skill gives 28 all res so effectively all your summons takes 28% less damage from fire, cold, or lightning sources. Not sure if it affects poison or magic damage but either way they'll last longer in general.
1. U R right, understand that but what about magical dmg??? "curse an enemy to take more dmg from all magical attacks", forget about ele and poison dmg, how it increase magical dmg?
2. So it is not a classic synergy? It does not enhance
Raise Skeleton
and summon golem skill?

Necrarch 1614Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
1 - No, Lower resists only affects elemental damage, not "pure magic" (i.e. Bone stuff / blessed hammers) ones. The description of the skill is... bad.

2 - It does improves your summons (all : skel / mages / golem / revives), in that sense it is a synergy, but it does not "boost" any other skill.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Johny82PL wrote: 2 months ago
1. U R right, understand that but what about magical dmg??? "curse an enemy to take more dmg from all magical attacks", forget about ele and poison dmg, how it increase magical dmg?
It doesn't. LR only affects fire, cold, light and poison damage. Not magical.

Johny82PL wrote: 2 months ago
2. So it is not a classic synergy? It does not enhance
Raise Skeleton
and summon golem skill?
It enhances the skills by giving the summons from those skills higher resistances.

(Edit: Seems Necrarch beat me to it)
OP
Necrarch wrote: 2 months ago
1 - No, Lower resists only affects elemental damage, not "pure magic" (i.e. Bone stuff / blessed hammers) ones. The description of the skill is... bad.

2 - It does improves your summons (all : skel / mages / golem / revives), in that sense it is a synergy, but it does not "boost" any other skill.
1. Ok
2. OK
Thank U
I've got Necro question for our two resident experts as well. I just finished building a summon necro for the first time in 20 years (I know, I know - it's about damn time). When teleporting around with all my minions, it appears they get 'stuck' after a
Teleport
. They only move from the
Teleport
spot, one by one. Almost like a single-file fashion. Is there a way to get around this, or is it just a quirk of how the
Teleport
mechanic works when teleporting 40+ 'things' at once?

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
Knappogue wrote: 2 months ago
I've got Necro question for our two resident experts as well. I just finished building a summon necro for the first time in 20 years (I know, I know - it's about damn time). When teleporting around with all my minions, it appears they get 'stuck' after a
Teleport
Teleport
spot, one by one. Almost like a single-file fashion. Is there a way to get around this, or is it just a quirk of how the
Teleport
Don't use revives. Skeletons start moving as soon as you "land", but if you have Urdars, Venom Lords or other big monsters, you need to step aside after teleporting or your army will stuck.

My time zone is GMT+3, I am usually available for trades between 6:00-10:00 PM
Morder07 wrote: 2 months ago
Teleport
Teleport
Teleport
Don't use revives. Skeletons start moving as soon as you "land", but if you have Urdars, Venom Lords or other big monsters, you need to step aside after teleporting or your army will stuck.
Even after stepping aside, I can watch the stack of monsters just stand there. And then it's a slow 1-by-1 "de-stacking". But it's the revives that cause this?

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
Even after stepping aside, I can watch the stack of monsters just stand there. And then it's a slow 1-by-1 "de-stacking". But it's the revives that cause this?
Probably. They have more dumb AI than skeletons. I won't recommend using them for something except dclone/ubers. Skeletons are meatshield for you and your merc who makes corpses for CE. There's no need for additional meat that deals little to no damage.

My time zone is GMT+3, I am usually available for trades between 6:00-10:00 PM

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Actually not sure about the exact technical reason for it (beyond "bad coding") but yes, this is caused by revives. Larger revives specifically.
(Educated guess would say smaller ones fit fully into the hitbox of larger ones and the "anti no-clip" forces them to not actively move outside of that box as that'd be directionally crossing the border of a hitbox - basically, small mob gets stuck inside large mob until large mob "frees it" by moving off of it)
Additionally, there's 2 stages to this, depending (mostly) on whether those revives are ranged or not.

For example, if you get all the skellies you want/can up and move into
Chaos Sanctuary
, you'll be just fine and they'll move after every
Teleport

If you then proceed to start reviving Doom knights as they die, you'll still be fine as they're small enough to not cause the movement to bug out.

If you however
Revive
even a single Venom lord, ALL of your mobs will become stuck after every
Teleport
until you take a step in any direction (which triggers movement of the Venom lord).

If you now go one step further and
Revive
one of the ranged ghosts in there (with or without the Venom lord, makes no difference), they will get stuck after every
Teleport
and they will generally remain stuck until the stupid ghost takes a step, not just until you yourself take a step as before. From what testing I've done on this (or...remember, more accurately), the ghost moving (or not) was essentially then dependent on how close/far it was to a hostile mob. If you
Teleport
too close to something (which is annoyingly far actually), the ghost will sit there and do nothing, basically waiting for the target to get itself into range. If however you
Teleport
way off into nowhere with no hostile mobs anywhere near you, the ghost will behave more like a Venom lord and move as soon as you take a step, then allowing everything else to move.

Edit/addition:
Do keep in mind that this behavior, despite being clearly broken and often quite annoying, can actually play in your favor. For example, if you're looking to telestomp something that has yet to spawn (e.g. waiting for Diablo), you can use a Venom lord or the like to force every single summon to chill right on top of the spawn point, rather than run all over the place, meaning they can immediately start attacking on spawn, rather than first having to run back to the target.
Schnorki wrote: 2 months ago
Edit/addition:
Do keep in mind that this behavior, despite being clearly broken and often quite annoying, can actually play in your favor. For example, if you're looking to telestomp something that has yet to spawn (e.g. waiting for Diablo), you can use a Venom lord or the like to force every single summon to chill right on top of the spawn point, rather than run all over the place, meaning they can immediately start attacking on spawn, rather than first having to run back to the target.
That makes a lot of sense, and now that I get (mostly) what is happening I can adjust my play style to it.
Can monsters, trapped within the hitboxes of larger monsters, still attack?

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
[..]
I think so but honestly can't remember that part.
Easy enough for you to test though, just grab a Venom lord and
Teleport
next to something. :)
Schnorki wrote: 2 months ago
[..]
I think so but honestly can't remember that part.
Easy enough for you to test though, just grab a Venom lord and
Teleport
next to something. :)
I think yes, my impression with my Necro Summoner was that I started to kill bosses way faster when I start to Telestomp above them with my army.

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...