Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   477 views

Description

So there i was, just playing around on my Bone necro - trying to nail down the best play style. Started with the standard
Prayer
/Insight/Cure merc then realized “I’m not really needing to get healed all that much, and it’s awesome when I
Decrepify
the same thing my
Clay Golem
is attacking”, so i switched my
Prayer
merc to a
Holy Freeze
merc, and damn it’s like playing in slow motion when decrep hits a chilled crowd.

That got me thinking…

Kelpie Snare
has slows target by a whopping 75%!

Maybe if i find an
Eth
one i could up it, throw a good jewel in it, then put on a slows target by bow, and just watch as the merc,
Clay Golem
, decrep and my own gear just ‘freezes’ monsters in place (like they wont be frozen, but might as well be)

I think I’d have enough mana from my gear to not miss the Insight, and hopefully still have enough skills to make the character viable…idk

Anyone ever explore this option? Any recommendations?

Can be used to make Runewords:

So there i was, just playing around on my Bone necro - trying to nail down the best play style. Started with the standard
Prayer
/Insight/Cure merc then realized “I’m not really needing to get healed all that much, and it’s awesome when I
Decrepify
the same thing my
Clay Golem
is attacking”, so i switched my
Prayer
merc to a
Holy Freeze
merc, and damn it’s like playing in slow motion when decrep hits a chilled crowd.

That got me thinking…

Kelpie Snare
has slows target by a whopping 75%!

Maybe if i find an
Eth
one i could up it, throw a good jewel in it, then put on a slows target by bow, and just watch as the merc,
Clay Golem
, decrep and my own gear just ‘freezes’ monsters in place (like they wont be frozen, but might as well be)

I think I’d have enough mana from my gear to not miss the Insight, and hopefully still have enough skills to make the character viable…idk

Anyone ever explore this option? Any recommendations?
Decrep and golem are separate from cold dmg and "freezes target" effects, so you can usually apply multiple sources of slow. There are percentage caps on the amount slowed for Act Bosses and different difficulties though. And while the
Holy Freeze
aura doesn't slow the Act Bosses, but the cold dmg from HFreeze attacks does slow unless they are cold immune.

Kelpie Snare
on a merc is best for melee classes and physical bowas while leveling.
Seems some sad news for you :(

Effects
  • The primary effect is to slow all actions by a fixed percentage.
  • All percentages from items and skills are additive, and capped at 50% per source.
  • The player versus player
    Cap
    for this effect is 50%.
  • The effect works against all monsters, but is capped between 50 and 85% on some monsters.
https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/ ... 20monsters.

I don't know if the
Cap
of all is 50-85%, and if not, I don't know if the effects stack on the initial speed or the slowed speed after the previous slow, ie
Decrepify
-50%, then golem 50% of that, then the weapon 50% of that. Or 50% off base, then 50% off base again etc.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
There is a little more detail here: https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/ind ... ows_Target

I've leveled a
Zeal
pally with a
Kelpie Snare
before, and it was a great weapon all the way through nightmare. The slow is really noticeable. I have an
Eth
one offline, but I never upped it or put it on a merc. I thought it might be useful for slowing
Baal
for example, but I could never justify using
Kelpie Snare
vs. decrep on reapers, which boosts your damage in addition to slowing

The only other build I consciously focused on slow was one I made around an
Eth
Astreon's Iron Ward
, which also had
Arachnid Mesh
for 35% slow. That was a nice safety feature for secondary
Zeal
, hybrid with FoH as a main skill

Edit: seconds after I wrote this, I dropped a
Kelpie Snare
OP
Thanks for the info and feedback!

Yea look ing through all the info at amazon basin looks like there’s a few different things that can change the “effective” slows target, so there’s not much harm in going over the
Cap
, similar to overstocking physical/elemental resistances

This was the clearest explaination for me: https://www.mannm.org/d2library/faqtoid ... .html#slow

While i had a Dream of essentially stopping monsters in their tracks it looks like it won’t go that far, but it’s still fun to play around with!

TheDoo 216

Europe PC
I always wanted to see what would happen if you were to max slow effect, however the highest thing I ever achieved (not intentionally) was with my cold Druid and it was reeeeeeaaaally noticeable. You can basically almost do whatever you want while you are watching mobs very slooowlyyy trying to hit your party. Ultra safe especially if you run around them like a Speedy Gonzales :D It's hilarious.

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
Nate, if you want a list of items with slow to help you visualize your Dream, take a look here.

https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/ind ... ows_Target

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation