diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   860 views

Description

Hi

I'm doing my first
Lightning Fury
Amazon (L39).

I noticed that I'm constantly going back to town to repear my weapon... (or using more
Charged Strike
than I wanted just to not need to go to town too soon....)

Is there any trick to avoid/mitigate this?
Or the only option is to keep a second (or even third) weapon in Inventory (or Cube) and switch when the main weapon empties...

In special I'm a little worried of how things will be when I start to use my Etheral
Titan's Revenge
(each town visit will become a 9 minutes waiting for full repair πŸ˜“πŸ˜“)

(Because of this I'm starting to thinking in changing from
Lightning Fury
to
Lightning Strike
πŸ€”)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

I'm doing my first
Lightning Fury
Amazon (L39).

I noticed that I'm constantly going back to town to repear my weapon... (or using more
Charged Strike

Or the only option is to keep a second (or even third) weapon in Inventory (or Cube) and switch when the main weapon empties...

In special I'm a little worried of how things will be when I start to use my Etheral
Titan's Revenge

Lightning Fury
to
Lightning Strike
πŸ€”)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

mhlg 841

Americas PC
fredkid wrote: 1 month ago
Hi

I'm doing my first
Lightning Fury
Amazon (L39).

Charged Strike

Titan's Revenge

Lightning Fury
to
Lightning Strike
πŸ€”)
I use an
Eth
upped Titan's which is self-replenishing and has a 180 stack. If you don't want to keep repairing try not to get into spamming
Lightning Fury
and use
Charged Strike
more often. In many situations such as taking down Dclone,
Charged Strike
is far more effective. After running Chaos tz for an hour I'm rarely down by more than 10 or 15.

What gear are you using?

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
You can use a normal Titan's at level 42. As mlhg said, it replenishes quantity and has an increased stack size of 180. You can a low rolled one for just a few pgems. I can do 2-3 entire cow games before needing to repair. As long as you aren't just spamming.

Leveling a javazon is also a bit painful. They are mana hungry and the available gear is frustrating. I built a bowazon first, and then respec'd her to java around lvl 75.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

uuee 18

Europe PC
Later on, when you will have gigantic damage, you won't need to throw nearly as much javs to kill stuff, therefore your titans will barely lose any quantity.

TheDoo 214

Europe PC
No need to spam throw thingy that much, even less on low-mid levels. Use
Charged Strike
much more and you'll be fine even without Titan's. :)

Once I figured out to not over-rely on
Lightning Fury
and use
Charged Strike
at least 50-50 of time the gameplay improved like a LOT. Now on the other hand I'm also someone who doesn't care about clearing speed or going back to town to repair, I'm like very old playstyle dude and everything that's in the game, for me, is part of the game (selling, repairing, dropping things to stash, etc.) but nevertheless, not spamming LF is the way to go if you don't want to repair all the time.

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
I keep an extra set of
Eth
titans in the stash. If I am running zones over and over, I switch out when one is about half empty. I never go to town just for this, but will switch when I start a new game. This way, I am effectively regenerating twice as fast. I also have a set of thunderstrokes in stash just in case. Technically, tstrokes are higher damage, but I find them less convenient since they don't regen and they do less physical damage so I can't mana leech as efficiently.
OP
mhlg wrote: 1 month ago
What gear are you using?
https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/pd1p20s0
Knappogue wrote: 1 month ago
Leveling a javazon is also a bit painful. They are mana hungry and the available gear is frustrating.
I use a 3
Tir
Kite Shield
(and then
Silkweave
) so mana was not a real issue (almost only use mana on Bosses).
And I have a reasonable good low level gear from my mules πŸ˜‰.

OP
I like
Charged Strike
too (and it was my main Skill L18-L29), in some ways it is actually cooler then
Lightning Fury
(another reason why I'm thinking in
Lightning Strike
πŸ€”)

My point is more on "Is it expected to my Javelins empty so quickly if I focus on throwing or am I missing some trick"?

I don't think have to go to town more frequently will make me quit the build, but is a change on gameplay...
On L29-, with
Power Strike
and then
Charged Strike
, I don't remember needed to repair... and even with my Fury Druid with a non-Indestructible elite weapon I had to repair each 2-3 games only, but now if I mainly throw javelins, I have to repair each 1-2 levels...

Schnorki 3188Moderator

PC
When in doubt..get 2.

As in..happily use your
Eth
titans until they run low, then switch weapon set to yet another pair of
Eth
titans to use until those run low. At that point, the first set can be switched back to as it'll have replenished a fair bit.

Mind you, as much as that generally works, if you actually chain run at a decent pace, you will out-throw the regen, meaning you replenish some of the javs but not all before you have to switch back so you slowly but surely switch back and forth to ever smaller stacks until you finally get to a point where you just have to take a break and do something else for a bit while you let everything replenish.

Alternatively (or..additionally), keep even more of them in stash to switch to or use non-
Eth
stuff and deal with repairing every other run but honestly..both of those are just unacceptable imo.

Honestly though, that whole idea of "forced breaks/constant repairs...can't just keep going...ugh..." is one of the main reasons I don't really play throwing javas. Just too annoying to deal with. As a bowzon, you at least find enough
Arrows
along the way to just keep going indefinitely. Java...no such luck.
fredkid wrote: 1 month ago
mhlg wrote: 1 month ago
What gear are you using?
https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/pd1p20s0
Knappogue wrote: 1 month ago
Leveling a javazon is also a bit painful. They are mana hungry and the available gear is frustrating.
I use a 3
Tir
Kite Shield
(and then
Silkweave
) so mana was not a real issue (almost only use mana on Bosses).
And I have a reasonable good low level gear from my mules πŸ˜‰.
Gear im using now is mostly BiS. Once I made a Phoenix I stopped having mana problems, lol. That comment I made was for the leveling process. I hadn't mule'd good low to mid level gear so I was stuck using stuff I'd found.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
OP

OP
Reach L42 today, and start to use my Ethereal
Titan's Revenge

I have to admit that the Replenishes Quantity has been more than enough to keep my stack full / half full πŸ™‚πŸ‘Š
I'm almost at L44 now and still didn't need yet to stop my run to wait for for the stack to replenish even once πŸ™‚

OP
I'm currently on L83 (finished hell on ~L80.6) and only waited in town for replenish once πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘Š

OP
Instead of waiting in town for
Titan's Revenge
to replenish, you may switch
Lightning Fury
for
Lightning Strike
for a while and continue farming πŸ˜‰
(you will already maximize
Lightning Strike
and its synergies anyway for the
Lightning Fury
)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...