Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   476 views

Description

So.. Im playing D2r HC Ladder on Ps5. I was just playing on my Sorceress lvl 88. We’re just about to enter
Chaos Sanctuary
on Hell when all of a sudden I got kicked out from the game! I tried to log in 3 more times before I restarted the game. And it worked after the restart.

But when Im choosing character I see my sorceress dead and broken, can’t play her.. f*cking sucks..

And that feels like a kick in the nuts because I didn’t die! The game did. I mean it’s not my fault.. and the (B)Lizzard peeps should be able to see the log or something, cant they?

The thing is, I trie contact Blizzard about it but it’s a fycking jungle.. I cant even write a ticket wtf? ..

Do any of you have any suggestions? I mean, besides making a new character and let it go..

Thankful for any help.

Can be used to make Runewords:

So.. Im playing D2r HC Ladder on Ps5. I was just playing on my Sorceress lvl 88. We’re just about to enter
Chaos Sanctuary
on Hell when all of a sudden I got kicked out from the game! I tried to log in 3 more times before I restarted the game. And it worked after the restart.

But when Im choosing character I see my sorceress dead and broken, can’t play her.. f*cking sucks..

And that feels like a kick in the nuts because I didn’t die! The game did. I mean it’s not my fault.. and the (B)Lizzard peeps should be able to see the log or something, cant they?

The thing is, I trie contact Blizzard about it but it’s a fycking jungle.. I cant even write a ticket wtf? ..

Do any of you have any suggestions? I mean, besides making a new character and let it go..

Thankful for any help.

Necrarch 1637Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
That's very sad news, but unfortunately a good 50% of the HC deaths are due to connection issues, server issues on the Blizzard side, power outage, storms, lags... and there is nothing to do about it except crying a bit on it and restarting.

Sorry :(

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3200Moderator

PC
The sad truth is: Blizzard doesn't care. Dead means dead, despite the fact that so many deaths are caused directly by Blizz and/or ISPs and the like, rather than player failure.

Pretty much why I don't play HC.
OP
Thanks for replying though, sorry to hear that its a pretty common issue.

Schnorki 3200Moderator

PC
Would've been nice to give you a more positive answer but sadly, that'd really just give you false hope. I haven't heard of a single case in D2:R of Blizz "unkilling" someone. Or restoring stuff lost in broken games. Or even restoring stuff lost because of their own bugs just vanishing it from your chars/stash. Or ... you get the point. They just don't care.
(Aware of plenty of cases of them telling their customers to just f off instead though)
There was a legend that my friends told, about an youtuber that the hardcore character died during a live stream because of connection issues (but the live keept going so probably it was not a problem with his connection) and Blizzard ended up ressurrecting the character due to the repercussion ...

No ideia if it was true 🤔 and was many year ago....

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
OP
If it did happen it was most likely because of the live streaming.

I am going to pursue this and I will also update everything here. Probably I wont even get a reply from a human haha.

I can think of all the good stuff I lost and just quit. Or I can make a new one and make it better (perhaps). Either way, I dont really think Blizz would care anyways :D

Th3ory 425

Paladin Americas PC
Unfortunately this is a component of the Hardcore Risk and dealing with server disconnects or random instability. When that occurs, the instance of your character remains in the game for generally a few seconds and if your crew is not protecting you, you are then sent to the Shadow Realm.

Nothing you can do here.

All Trades are Negotiable. Long Live
Nihlathak
Schnorki wrote: 1 week ago
Would've been nice to give you a more positive answer but sadly, that'd really just give you false hope. I haven't heard of a single case in D2:R of Blizz "unkilling" someone. Or restoring stuff lost in broken games. Or even restoring stuff lost because of their own bugs just vanishing it from your chars/stash. Or ... you get the point. They just don't care.
(Aware of plenty of cases of them telling their customers to just f off instead though)
Even if Blizz cared about D2, it shouldn't and wouldn't resurrect dead HC chars. It'd just be too easy to cheat with that. Anyone can claim that the HC death was caused by the bAd CoNnEcTiOn (or actually simulate that, by unplugging the power or ethernet cable just before death). This has been the policy even since legacy D2:

Note: Blizzard Entertainment is in no way responsible for your Hardcore character. If you choose to create and play a Hardcore character, you do so at your own risk. Blizzard is not responsible for the death and loss of your hardcore characters for any reason including Internet lag, bugs, Acts of God, your little sister, or any other reason whatsoever. Consult the End User License Agreement for more details. Blizzard will not, and does not have the capability to restore any deceased Hardcore characters. Don't even ask. La-la-la-la-la, we can't hear you...
And FWIW, Blizz offers a rollback service for D3, but it has a hard limit (3 rollbacks) and does not restore dead HC chars (though with plenty of "cheat death" mechanics this is no longer true HC). A similar service, also with limits, is offered for WoW.
The sad truth is: Blizzard doesn't care. Dead means dead, despite the fact that so many deaths are caused directly by Blizz and/or ISPs and the like, rather than player failure.

I played HC for about 15 lvls before I d/c'd, remembered all the times I d/c'd on SC, and promptly deleted the character and never looked back.
Look at the bright side. If you played russian roulette, the outcome could have been much worse.

Schnorki 3200Moderator

PC
bloodlustshiva1 wrote: 1 week ago

I played HC for about 15 lvls before I d/c'd, remembered all the times I d/c'd on SC, and promptly deleted the character and never looked back.
Sad thing is...I still really like the theory of HC gameplay. But equally despise the reality of it under Blizz's way of implementing it. :/

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...