Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
45 replies   19376 views

Description

Let’s face it, there are some builds out there that look great on paper, maybe even great on the lying character screen, but in practice they still seem to fall utterly short of your expectations…

So post them here and let others learn from your lesson!

For me the biggest disappointment is the dual Dream/Dragon/Hand of Justice sorc - she just kinda sucks. On paper she’s got 2.5k life, lvl 30
Holy Shock
and
Holy Fire
auras and 6-60k normal attack damage she “should” be the best afk build there is! Wa wa … Turns out she’s just a mediocre cow farmer, but in any other capacity (less PvP perhaps?) she is lacklustre. Essentially you give up all that makes a good sorc. And she chugs full rejuvs like a marathon runner in the summer desert heat. Needing a total of 11 high runes to clear content about the same as budget bowazon is quite a slap in the face - not to mention the wallet!

What builds have you regretted exploring?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Let’s face it, there are some builds out there that look great on paper, maybe even great on the lying character screen, but in practice they still seem to fall utterly short of your expectations…

So post them here and let others learn from your lesson!

For me the biggest disappointment is the dual Dream/Dragon/Hand of Justice sorc - she just kinda sucks. On paper she’s got 2.5k life, lvl 30
Holy Shock
and
Holy Fire
auras and 6-60k normal attack damage she “should” be the best afk build there is! Wa wa … Turns out she’s just a mediocre cow farmer, but in any other capacity (less PvP perhaps?) she is lacklustre. Essentially you give up all that makes a good sorc. And she chugs full rejuvs like a marathon runner in the summer desert heat. Needing a total of 11 high runes to clear content about the same as budget bowazon is quite a slap in the face - not to mention the wallet!

Pure
War Cry
barbarian. Looks nice on paper but the damage output just isn't there. You run out of 1500+ mana in a couple seconds where even Insight merc has a hard time keeping your uptime (regen at ~120, mana upkeep at ~140).
And when your mana reserves are gone you are either chugging non-stop or have to rely on merc to do damage.

Not great for
Travincal
runs, anyway, which is what my goal was. Swapped to basic botd+grief
Frenzy
with double lw act5 merc instead. Much faster + much more goldfind + not as skillpoint-hungry. I'm glad I explored it (this was after the buff to it) but I'm No ragrets.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
Queegon wrote: 4 months ago
wc.jpg
😂

Pure
War Cry
barbarian.
I disagree.
Had lots of great hours playing WC Horker in cow and certain TZ like
Flayer Jungle
and still have when i'm on Non-Ladder. Horking a shload of corpses at 8 frames with 105 fcr is very satifying to me. Overall rune drops/time rate is pretty much on par with trav zerker, according to my experience. And instead of a bunch of useless magicals you get serious bases while farming. Only problem in cow is phys immunes, which are easy to skip.
Not great for
Travincal
runs, anyway, which is what my goal was.
Of course he sucks at trav. Other builds do so, too. Doesn't mean the whole build is a waste. But i agree in so far, as WC could use a little buff damagewise and it takes very expensive gear to hit the sweet spot with the build.
Nate2.0 wrote: 4 months ago
I add my voice to
Enchant
-Ranged Attack sorc because shes a hell of a glass cannon leading to lots of displeasing moments aka deaths

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
OP
Pure
Bone Spear
necro:

Rik 132

Americas PC
Blubbalutsch wrote: 4 months ago
Pure
War Cry
barbarian.
I disagree.
Had lots of great hours playing WC Horker in cow and certain TZ like
Flayer Jungle
and still have when i'm on Non-Ladder. Horking a shload of corpses at 8 frames with 105 fcr is very satifying to me. Overall rune drops/time rate is pretty much on par with trav zerker, according to my experience. And instead of a bunch of useless magicals you get serious bases while farming. Only problem in cow is phys immunes, which are easy to skip.
Not great for
Travincal
runs, anyway, which is what my goal was.
Of course he sucks at trav. Other builds do so, too. Doesn't mean the whole build is a waste. But i agree in so far, as WC could use a little buff damagewise and it takes very expensive gear to hit the sweet spot with the build.
—————

I disagree in some respects to trav run. I got a late start to ladder, around thanksgiving and started with barb. On my second respec I went warcry and was managing hell
Travincal
in 1.5 - 2 min runs Including just topazd
Helm
and body armor. I was very impressed by its capability at this stage of the game. I was even running a topazd
Helm
and armor and running around 1500 we damage. Typically, it’s extremely painful to get barb to sufficiently run trav when untwinked before you can score a Grief. Granted, I get that this thread is about wasting high runes and end game of which I had none… I can guess that jumping from 1500 with poor gear to 2700 with best in slot would still keep you far from a much cheaper zerker Grief build.

On cows, depending on clear times, I could see it being worthwhile if you can’t multi box. One season I would multi box cows and run a horker with max fcr who searched all the corpses while my Dream sorc and Dragon paladin killed everything afk while I horked. I got very rich $$$. If you could clear them fast enough with just
War Cry
I could see that being valuable.

Also freakin love Kevin sorebo, is that from Kull the conquerer even? Originally a barbarian yelling on a post about warcry barb? Freakin brilliant bro.
On paper she’s got 2.5k life, lvl 30
Holy Shock
and
Holy Fire
auras and 6-60k normal attack damage she “should” be the best afk build there is!
An auradin is still a poor afk build so an aurasorc with Infinity merc must be crap.
Such sorc has good dmg for each hit but doesn't have not good dps. People use Passion to
Zeal
for that reason.

Relax and have fun!

Rik 132

Americas PC
Exploding Arrow
zon. I blew hrs galore getting her everything she wanted and it was very mid. The following season the buffed the
Enchant
sorc who did everything my zon could but 5 times better with natural
Teleport
and
Energy Shield
….
For me it's Tesladin. After completing Dragon Paladin, wanted to try it but it's nothing nowhere near Dragon built damage and clear speed wise. Doesn't worth the runes anyway.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

TheDoo 216

Europe PC
Any ES for me is atrocious (I just never connected with mana-life inversion thingy).

Another one is Poison Zon, I feel like you need to be a god positioning gamer for it to work. Physical melee Spearzon also kinda sucks (using Rend and stuff).

Something I felt a bit of struggle and disconnection with is probably also full pet Druid. That might be "me" issue tho (same as ES case).

Tesladin was fine/decent, my Ultimate Auradin is a refreshment for my sour soul. Fire Bowazon was also kinda fun for me before I switched to a lot more enjoyable dual fire+cold Zon.

P.S. They definitely need to rebalance
Poison Dagger
and fix
Venom: Skill
's ticks and thus make a long lasting dreamlike of melee Necro viable (and probably a Poison Sin along with it as well).

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
Id like to see a time reduction on
Rabies
personally it would be nice to have a contender build with
Nova
necro in the poison category. And I personally find the
Werebear
side of the shape tree to be a little underwhelming overall. And yes Id also like a damage buff on WC barb too I have one myself and like the concept but it needs more juice.

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.
OP
Just confirmed
Leap Attack
build:
Just confirmed
Leap Attack
build:
It's actually a good build for PVP!

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
Any form of budget
Nova
Mancer. Just finished mine and it's just one of those builds where it's BiS or your gonna have a bad time.

The most budget version I can think of while not having all your friends laugh at you is Bramble, BB sharp,
Shako
, trang gloves, and homunc/
Boneflame
. better have at least a poison sunder and some facets in the mix too with any FCR you can find. Full skillers as well.
OP
Oh yea for sure, i even have a perfect Death’s web, but im waiting on a venomous head with +3 psn
Nova
and 2 sockets before i even try it again
Oh yea for sure, i even have a perfect Death’s web, but im waiting on a venomous head with +3 psn
Nova
and 2 sockets before i even try it again
Is it even possible to find one, let alone get 2 socket? Good luck with it!

Anyway, why not 3 piece Trang's?

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
OP
Yea the 3 piece trangs is what he’s rocking now, it’s good, just not good enough for me. The +6
Nova
head is totally possible, just like the +6
Nova
Wand
is possible, you just can’t shop for heads. It’s like 1/300000 chance (or something like that). So i never leave a blue head on the Ground. Then id need to go to
Larzuk
and pray he chooses 2 sockets
I agree with Queegon.
War Cry
barbarian is a really bad build overall.

I use mine only when i'm playing in group with my friends as a "support barbarian", using
Battle Orders
Shout
etc, and assisting the other players by stunning enemies with
War Cry
. When they kill, i hoark. And thats all.
Not only warcrier does pitiful DPS but against most enemies in Hell it's cut by a third or more, as the damage is all physical.

That lvl 50 synergized warcry DPS pic attached was intentional.
It's just that bad, even before resists. All worthwhile caster builds do ~triple that, and that's before Infinity/
Lower Resist
and -res gear apply.

Even the already mentioned
Bone Spear
/
Bone Spirit
necro outdamages a warcrier by more than double his damage output. With no resists present whatsoever, only a handful of immunes. The
War Cry
's tiny aoe is not saving anything here.

Anyone can disagree based on their feeling and having actual fun playing it (which is absolutely a valid point) but numbers don't lie.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
Pure
Bone Spear
necro:
Having just leveled a
Bone Spear
nec all the way to 84, I'd have to agree. It is by far my least powerful character, although still fun. Basically, my
Clay Golem
, Act 2 NM
Holy Freeze
merc and
Decrepify
slow down all enemies to the point where they almost can't do anything, and my
Bone Spear
/Spirit chews them up. The problem is that
Bone Spear
/Spirit, despite being level 37 (
Spear
) and level 35 (Spirit), respectively, do so little damage that it takes far too long to kill most things. It is a bit disappointing, but still fun to try something new.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation