Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   2737 views

Description

Alright... I'm gearing up a frostmaiden and I've seen several guides and debates about which armor to use. I have the runes to make anything, I already have an Enigma that my necro is rocking but I have yet to make a coh.

Personally I think it will be worth it for the resists but that
Teleport
and frw... it's a tough choice. Which one should I go for? I know Amazon cast frames are crap but it's a tough one for me

Can be used to make Runewords:

Alright... I'm gearing up a frostmaiden and I've seen several guides and debates about which armor to use. I have the runes to make anything, I already have an Enigma that my necro is rocking but I have yet to make a coh.

Personally I think it will be worth it for the resists but that
Teleport
and frw... it's a tough choice. Which one should I go for? I know Amazon cast frames are crap but it's a tough one for me

EST time zone
All my trades can be done on either PC or Switch. I'm limited to when I can log onto PC but I can do a Switch trade pretty quickly
I can share my experience. In the years I've been playing, I've collected many enigmas all of which are being used by all of my characters and only 1 CoH which has not been touched in a very long time.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
From personal experience I've found that FCR breakpoints are just too high for Amazon's. Teleporting is slow and painful so I boost their runwalk. I've made a couple Coh's for both Merc and personal use. I think I've made more Coh than Enigma's now that I think about it. It's really just play style too. I enjoy killing monsters as travel through Santuary. For me its not the destination, but the road to it. I don't do a whole lot of "farming", but when I do its usually my
Nova
Sorc or hdin, both of which
Teleport

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
Most ladder seasons, i do one Enigma for every Char that needs it (in other words, everyone except Sorc) and then only CoH. For the current season this means no Enigma on main Account (Blizz sorc and Horker with CoH) and one Enigma for my socket-rush account. Because the Sorc's Merc wears Cure, this sums up to 1 Enigma and 2 CoH build this season.

So my advice would be, do the CoH only if your thirst for Enigma is satisfied. And for that Frostmaiden i would definitely go Enigma because Tele makes some farming spots just suck less.

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
4 me:
bowazon coh/tm
barb fort
sorc donnt play
everybody else Enigma
OP
Knappogue wrote: 3 months ago
From personal experience I've found that FCR breakpoints are just too high for Amazon's. Teleporting is slow and painful so I boost their runwalk. I've made a couple Coh's for both Merc and personal use. I think I've made more Coh than Enigma's now that I think about it. It's really just play style too. I enjoy killing monsters as travel through Santuary. For me its not the destination, but the road to it. I don't do a whole lot of "farming", but when I do its usually my
Nova
Sorc or hdin, both of which
Teleport
I'm with you there. On my necro I stop a lot to kill large groups or any champions and elites. The tele really helps in some areas like durance, cata or getting to Chaos faster. I've seen several guides say coh for resists but I can fix that with charms. The fcr sucks for zon but Enigma has that Tele to get through dead ends and the frw we all want.

Then again I don't mind walking THAT much... I mean if I go coh I can just farm easier areas

EST time zone
All my trades can be done on either PC or Switch. I'm limited to when I can log onto PC but I can do a Switch trade pretty quickly
Taromer67 wrote: 3 months ago
I've seen several guides say coh for resists but I can fix that with charms. The fcr sucks for zon but Enigma has that Tele to get through dead ends and the frw we all want.

Then again I don't mind walking THAT much... I mean if I go coh I can just farm easier areas
CoH seems to be better geared for a melee character imo. The survivability it gives is amazing. I love the life leech on it, yes the +65 res is a given, but the damage to demons, DR, and the +20 str are not to be scoffed at either. It's loaded with useful stats.

BUT...if you want to farm with this character, then I do recommend Enigma. Or find a rare +2 skill amazon amulet with
Teleport
charges. My non-tele capable characters mainly putz around TZ areas or cows.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
OP
krathkor wrote: 3 months ago
4 me:
bowazon coh/tm
barb fort
sorc donnt play
everybody else Enigma
Never considered tyraels if that's what tm is. Interesting choice

EST time zone
OP
Knappogue wrote: 3 months ago
Taromer67 wrote: 3 months ago
I've seen several guides say coh for resists but I can fix that with charms. The fcr sucks for zon but Enigma has that Tele to get through dead ends and the frw we all want.

CoH seems to be better geared for a melee character imo. The survivability it gives is amazing. I love the life leech on it, yes the +65 res is a given, but the damage to demons, DR, and the +20 str are not to be scoffed at either. It's loaded with useful stats.

BUT...if you want to farm with this character, then I do recommend Enigma. Or find a rare +2 skill amazon amulet with
Teleport
charges. My non-tele capable characters mainly putz around TZ areas or cows.
So far I'm leaning towards Enigma. It just has everything she needs. Even if I don't use tele the frw will come in handy

EST time zone
My favorite frostmaiden armour is Arkaine’s valor. +2 skills, a facet, and it’s the sweetest looking armour ever

xigua 63

Enigma for mobility, Fortitude for phys damage. COH feels like in-between - never saw the appeal. But ultimately play style choice. My
Frenzy
and Fury weak forti, all the others - including my jav - Enigma.

TheDoo 236

Europe PC
CoH (for +res), especially with Cold and Cold/Fire Maidens you want as much +skills as possible for the biggest effect. :)

But yes, Nate has a point too... Since it's not really a hardcore melee build, that physical dmg reduction and all res doesn't have THAT much affect like on some other builds, so you can go for looks and/or other stats. :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
My Smiter has CoH and you can't convince me to use anything else, haahaa

In addition to what's been said, if you enjoy having a useful merc, then Enigma may be the best/only option. Damn merc doesn't follow half the time and gets stuck almost everywhere when walking.. Have to
Teleport
a lot of times to get him in range.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP
Zero187 wrote: 3 months ago
In addition to what's been said, if you enjoy having a useful merc, then Enigma may be the best/only option. Damn merc doesn't follow half the time and gets stuck almost everywhere when walking.. Have to
Teleport
a lot of times to get him in range.
Lol true that, I actually came across the manic pixie guide and I'm thinking of having a1 merc with Faith bow for speed or maybe I'll stick with botd for her. Both seem fun but Faith seems more useful

EST time zone
I made a frost maiden a few ladders ago. My thought process was: if this build can now farm the entire game with a sunder, I might as well use an armor that facilitate that--otherwise I'm spending most of my time just running the long way around every tunnel and corridor

Besides, I used
Teleport
pretty sparingly, mostly for shortcuts and for keeping my merc nearby. And Harmony or Hustle on swap.
The FRW makes it dual use for mobility anyways

Also to echo Zero187, using
Teleport
to control your merc is important. Lvl 12
Conviction
doesn't have a huge radius, and your merc is always stuck somewhere at the worst possible moment

Elvir 19

Europe PC
Enigma and 3 res
Boots
to cover resists.
Cheap alternative: Hustle armor if u are on the ladder (this with 20 IAS gloves and 20 IAS on bow allows u to cover 75 IAS) and use
Um
for res / cold jewel for more dmg in Nightwing's instead of jewel of fervor.
Additional +2 skills and res will be from amu like cheap maras. Use
Naj's Puzzler
on swap in this setup for teleports between walls and merc reposition. I like great FRW in this setup.
OP
Thank you all for the inputs. I'm going for Enigma, that Tele and frw is just too much to pass up plus the strength and mf. It's too sexy. I think I was trying to convince myself to use coh because "a few guides say this" and it was something different. I will try out tyraels as well for shits and giggles with naj on swap but it seems like coh is only good for ubers. Thank you all again, really appreciate it :)

EST time zone

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation