Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   3368 views

does anyone here start the game with players X=8 like me ?

No data yet

Description

I don't like the fact that i can lose precious loot, so I am rather soloist,
do you also play with playersX=8?

that way you get more loot, advance levels faster, yeah it takes some time to kill a mob, but after you get some decent loot, which is not a long time, it compensates.

I'm not an expert however, I've seen the amount of stuff you can get in this game and I'm afraid even though i've played this game for years, I haven't managed to get beyond hell diff much.. but i wasn't using builds so much, so my chars were pretty weak obviously..

Can be used to make Runewords:

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
I don't like the fact that i can lose precious loot, so I am rather soloist,
do you also play with playersX=8?

that way you get more loot, advance levels faster, yeah it takes some time to kill a mob, but after you get some decent loot, which is not a long time, it compensates.

I'm not an expert however, I've seen the amount of stuff you can get in this game and I'm afraid even though i've played this game for years, I haven't managed to get beyond hell diff much.. but i wasn't using builds so much, so my chars were pretty weak obviously..

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
Yeah I prefer players 3, 5 and 8. Singe player is really fun if I'm playing more of a single player the character (Amazon) but if I can offer big help to a party, ill go Paladin or something.

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*

Ran37 95

Sorceress Americas PC
I'm with ya there bud. It's going to be hard losing that feature going into multiplayer... I wish there was a way to integrate it but I understand why they don't.

I also played for a long time but never obsessed over the endgame so a lot of this will be new to me too! #hype

- Ran37

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
IronLesbian wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah I prefer players 3, 5 and 8.
Why those specific numbers?

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
IronLesbian wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah I prefer players 3, 5 and 8.
Why those specific numbers?
Part of the formula for the drop rate has to do with the player count. This is calculated as a sum. The player itself starts with a value of 1, For each additional non-partied player it add .5 (In SP the /player command simulates non partied players). This sum is stored to an int, so any decimal is dropped (in effect rounding down). This means every even number has the same drop rate as the odd number before it (ie 2=1, 4=3, 6=5, & 8=7).

Since the drop rates for every even/odd pair are the same, but the even number is harder (since the difficulty is scaled linearly), it is advantageous to use the odd counts. However due to this number being applied as an exponent, there is substantial diminishing return once you get to 7/8, it's effectively the same at 5. So it makes more sense to use 5 rather than anything higher, purely for drops.

However experience is also scaled linearly, so at p8 you get 50% more experience than p5.

tldr: p3 & p5 are the breakpoints of drop%/difficulty. Anything higher has diminishing returns, but p8 has the highest experience
OP

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
cool! I didn't know about the odd numbers thing.

probably useful when its too hard on hell diff

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Thanks for the explanation! Figured it had something to do with break points, lol. Makes sense now.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...