Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members

Did you preorder D2:R?

Poll runs till 4 days from now

Yes (78%)
No but I will if I get into the beta and like It (3%)
No, I don't trust them after W3:R, waiting for release (19%)
No, I'll get it after release when it goes on a sale (1%)
No, I'm not gonna buy it at all (0%)
No votes
Total votes: 107
Total votes: 107

Did you preorder D2:Resurrected? [Poll]

No data yet

Description

Since I didn't find such a poll, I decided to create one :)
Please share your opinion too!

The last option is added for the lulz but if someone picks it, it would be really interesting of they shared their reasons.

Can be used for Runewords

Nebthtet

Trust

A measure of trading reputation

This is the number of times this member had one of their trades marked as trustworthy.

Members with higher trustworthiness are less likely to scam or try to cheat you in-game and generally enjoy faster and higher quantities of responses.

Build up your own trust in the d2io marketplace by creating detailed trade ads and executing deals quickly. A friendly attitude always helps :)

Paladin Europe PC

Since I didn't find such a poll, I decided to create one :)
Please share your opinion too!

The last option is added for the lulz but if someone picks it, it would be really interesting of they shared their reasons.

The Soulstone burns with hellfire as an eerie red glow blurs your vision. Fresh blood flows into your eyes and you begin to hear the tormented whispers of the damned.
You have done what you knew must be done. The essence of Diablo is contained, for now.

CitationNumber

Trust

This is the number of times this member had one of their trades marked as trustworthy.

Members with higher trustworthiness are less likely to scam or try to cheat you in-game and generally enjoy faster and higher quantities of responses.

Build up your own trust in the d2io marketplace by creating detailed trade ads and executing deals quickly. A friendly attitude always helps :)

PC

Hahah I can agree with the WC3 votes, but I think this will be different :3.

Never has my heart ben more broken when I found out there was a WC3 REMAKE when it launched and got destroyed by the community. That and they own all the user created content....hmmm wonder why (looking at you DOTA/LoL).

Stormlash

Trust

Barbarian Europe PC

You actually get Beta access IF you Pre-Order. Just throwing it out there. I don't know if they're gonna do the Wave Invites thingy this time around. I hope they do.

Stay safe!
- Stormlash

pixelated

Trust

Sorceress PC

I was going to buy it the last second because f*ck preordering but since they announced that preordering will grant beta access and I was always going to buy it, I felt forced to. 😂

Arkkivuohi

Trust

Sorceress PC

Ensuring a beta-access was enough reason for me to grab my credit card and preorder the game ^^

Tavron

Trust

Paladin Europe PC

Maybe an option for buying, but on or a bit after release instead of sale?
Since I have a Principle of not pre-ordering, but pretty sure I will buy it on release or shortly thereafter :)

"Seven Evils spawned of seven heads. Seven realms birthed from Death."

Fellowship

Trust

PC

Absolutely, I think the game looks so beautiful and I can’t imagine it’s going to be anything like Wc3 Reforged.

Madman

Trust

Paladin Xbox

Yes preordered 2 copies, one for PC and one for Xbox. Looking forward to beta in August.

Beardozer

Trust

Barbarian PC

I don't see the option for 'I don't pre-order games'. And that's really what it comes down to, I don't pre-order games. It made more sense back when we had to have physical copies, because this gave the retailers a signal for how much inventory they were going to need to order for launch day. It gave a signal for the game company for how many copies they would need to print. It was kind of helpful back then. But now, everything is online, I do not pre-order. I'm not waiting for a sale, I'll probably buy it on launch day and go in immediately.

GeorgeCarlin

Trust

Druid PC

Yes! I pre-ordered D2:Resurrected!

As soon as I saw Pre-Order available I was Sold on it haha! To many good memories from my past with this Game and piece of artwork to pass up such an opportunity to Revive that nostalgic feeling!
I preordered to support VV and Blizzard in their endeavor to recreate that feeling. Not only for myself however, all else who are hopeful for it's success as well!

G. dp C.
OP

Nebthtet

Trust

Paladin Europe PC

CitationNumber wrote: 2 months ago
Hahah I can agree with the WC3 votes, but I think this will be different :3.

Never has my heart ben more broken when I found out there was a WC3 REMAKE when it launched and got destroyed by the community. That and they own all the user created content....hmmm wonder why (looking at you DOTA/LoL).
Oh yes. Especially after that trailer showing how it was SUPPOSED to look. On top of that they took away ypur W3 Classic and forced everyone to download the new merged version.

The thing with community content is also beyond ridiculous. That was the point I definitely ceased to be a Blizzard fan. The company is dead, it's a Zombie animated by Activision evil. And I really, really hope that corpo greed won't eff up Diablo IV.

D2R looks awesome but I don't trust them one bit and that's why my vote was for the option "after release" :)
Stormlash wrote: 2 months ago
You actually get Beta access IF you Pre-Order. Just throwing it out there. I don't know if they're gonna do the Wave Invites thingy this time around. I hope they do.
You can also get access if you registered (unless they changed something I may not be up to date :)) - I registered and foc didn't get any invite, as expected :P

The Soulstone burns with hellfire as an eerie red glow blurs your vision. Fresh blood flows into your eyes and you begin to hear the tormented whispers of the damned.
You have done what you knew must be done. The essence of Diablo is contained, for now.

Dzik

Trust

Assassin PC

I didn’t pre-order, I would rather wait for the full release, maybe if there were some additional benefits besides beta, I would consider it. On the other note, just like @Beardozer I don’t pre-order games, at least not anymore. I was planning to buy Cyberpunk 2077 and it was absolute disaster and I’m glad I waited it out.

gomeks

Trust

Druid Xbox

I did pre-order it, but i did because the alpha game play i say ppl playing looked realy good and smooth. so that made me feel better about pre-ordering it. Plus the beta test i get to be in on was a bonus.

Udyret

Trust

Assassin PC

although it does look fancy with the new face-lift i think i will have to wait with buying this game for pc until i get a better pc. and with the prices on computers at the moment i don't think it will be very soon. maybe i'l just end up buying a console. but that feels weird. i'm not really into console games and i'm wondering will the controller even feel satisfying for d2. it does seem kinda chill though to just bring the game with you on a Nintendo Switch.

Teebling

Trust

Europe PC

Beardozer wrote: 2 months ago
I don't see the option for 'I don't pre-order games'. And that's really what it comes down to, I don't pre-order games. It made more sense back when we had to have physical copies, because this gave the retailers a signal for how much inventory they were going to need to order for launch day. It gave a signal for the game company for how many copies they would need to print. It was kind of helpful back then. But now, everything is online, I do not pre-order. I'm not waiting for a sale, I'll probably buy it on launch day and go in immediately.
Kind of agree with you here. The only benefit of pre-ordering it for me would be the guaranteed Beta invite - but unfortunately I'm going to be at sea during that test, making a pre-order pretty pointless for me.

CitationNumber

Trust

PC

gomeks wrote: 2 months ago
I did pre-order it, but i did because the alpha game play i say ppl playing looked realy good and smooth. so that made me feel better about pre-ordering it. Plus the beta test i get to be in on was a bonus.
Same!

I agree with the other guys that I dont really pre order stuff although after seeing what you said and my own nostalgia I caved. Soecially when they said its the original game with D2R being an overlay.

Nola

Trust

Paladin PC

Yup I per-ordered when it first came available.

Stormlash

Trust

Barbarian Europe PC

I pre-ordered a few hours after Blizzcon :P

What about you?

Stay safe!
- Stormlash

WhirLWinD

Trust

Barbarian Americas PC

I pre-ordered a few days after Blizzcon when I learned of the announcement! :D

klh

Trust

Assassin Europe XLinux

I'm not worried after WC3, this one is being done by VV which makes great remasters ;p

Didn't pre-order though, I don't support the practice.

Sutlore

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

Yes! I have preordered during open-beta testing period :)

IronLesbian

Trust

Paladin Americas Playstation

I pre-ordered it and skipped all the alphas and betas. That "initial experience" is a really big deal for me (it makes impactful memories) and alphas/betas ruin that experience. So the first time I turn the game on will be the first time I play the game in any form. I can't fucking wait!

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*

IronLesbian

Trust

klh wrote: 1 week ago
I'm not worried after WC3, this one is being done by VV which makes great remasters ;p

Didn't pre-order though, I don't support the practice.
Yeah this is something so many people don't understand. VV is NOT the WC3R team. Its been known since forever but people refuse to see it because "its still made by Blizzard." Plus, if you look at the D2R gameplay, trailers and alphas/betas (I assume because I didnt play them), you'll immediately see that hard work, skill and time have went into D2R to deliver a quality product (minus console in certain areas).

*snap*

klh

Trust

Assassin Europe XLinux

Exactly. I mean sure, Blizz could tell VV to do some weird stuff, but until now they did a great job.

Beardozer

Trust

Barbarian PC

I'd still argue that it doesn't matter who is developing a game, all developers are human, all developers are capable of putting out hot garbage. Pre-ordering is telling the developers 'I hope you put out a good game, but I don't have a say in the matter anymore lol', waiting to buy until the game launches forces them to earn your cash by actually making a good product. Just different incentive structures, one is objectively better for us as consumers.

Noemard

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

I preordered because I wanted to get into the beta. As a general rule of thumb I agree with @Beardozer, preordering shouldn't be a thing anymore in the age of digital distribution. For the most part it offers little to no benefit to consumers. In this case it seemed like beta play was enough of a benefit to me to risk $40. In hindsight, had I known open beta would be limited to two acts, for two weekends, less than two months before the game was released anyway (and that there would be alternative ways to also get access) I wouldn't have.

I'm not complaining about the beta or saying I felt like I was owed more or anything. It was fun. It's just that my reasoning for preordering didn't turn out to be as worthwhile as I expected. I guess it serves as a reminder to not make exceptions to the "Don't preorder games" rule.

Kam4e2r0n

Trust

Paladin Americas PC

I pre-ordered as soon as it was announced, then gifted it to 6 close friends. I really cant wait for this game.

BMAY

Trust

Assassin Americas PC

Preordered 2x copies.

I usually don't preorder games, but I instantly knew I was going to buy it no-matter what when it was announced, even if I were to just play single player for the story again.

After playing Beta and deciding how awesome it was I bought another copy so I could run 2 instances at once.

Mikurichan

Trust

Amazon Americas PC

I also pre-ordered 2 copies. Mainly for me, but the GF wants to play with me at the start, probably do normal together slowly while waiting for ladder.

My second copy is obviously for some transfer/trades and picking up torches :P

IronLesbian

Trust

Mikurichan wrote: 1 week ago
I also pre-ordered 2 copies. Mainly for me, but the GF wants to play with me at the start, probably do normal together slowly while waiting for ladder.

Does your GF have a sister who is single, wants D2R and is looking for an IronLesbian to play D2R with?

Just asking……

*snap*

Mikurichan

Trust

Amazon Americas PC

IronLesbian wrote: 1 week ago

Does your GF have a sister who is single, wants D2R and is looking for an IronLesbian to play D2R with?

Just asking……
Hahahha, sadly not :P

IronLesbian

Trust

Just asking……
Hahahha, sadly not :P
Forever alone ;(

*snap*

realmhunter

Trust

Sorceress Europe PC

I pre-ordered after reading a lot of praise for the job that VV did on the game. I spent only a couple of hours on the beta, making sure that my slightly dated machine can run it somewhat ok.

I chose this name, twenty years ago, when the different regions you could play on battle.net were called realms, for an amazon, my first battle.net character. I have only ever used it in Diablo 2, so I guess it is fitting I continue that on here.

Krythic

Trust

PC

I preordered D2R, and this is even after I got CyberPUNK'D and said no more preordering. I saw this as being different, because I knew what I was getting, and I didn't preorder until after I beta tested it. I wish they would have shown us the content for the later acts, but all in all, I really don't see myself getting stung by this preorder.

Preordering is really bad though.

Deranged

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

as soon as it was available i preordered :D

Trust

Barbarian Americas PC

Ran37

Trust

Sorceress Americas PC

@IronLesbian I am jealous of your fresh experience and I wish I had done that! I love going in blind - I Avoid movie trailers for the same reason. I just love that feeling. But I think if I didn't play the beta, the accumulated hype in my body would have just exploded, killing me and anyone else nearby. This is better.

- Ran37

IronLesbian

Trust

Ran37 wrote: 1 week ago
@IronLesbian I am jealous of your fresh experience and I wish I had done that! I love going in blind - I Avoid movie trailers for the same reason. I just love that feeling. But I think if I didn't play the beta, the accumulated hype in my body would have just exploded, killing me and anyone else nearby. This is better.
Dude I hear you loud and clear. The hype overload can cause permanent damage to you and those around you. That’s why I try to read about D2R stuff instead of SEEING IT. The same goes with movies (especially comic book movies), I may watch 1 trailer to get an idea of what I’m in for but I skip trailers 2, 3 and all the TV Spots. I need that fresh initial experience. It’s usually worth the wait.

6 days, my friend. 6 days.

*snap*

Teebling

Trust

Europe PC

6 days, my friend. 6 days.
Yeah agreed on this. Despite having poured thousands of hours into building this site with the others, I've actually watched very little of any Resurrected related media and played only 1 hour of the Beta. I don't want to ruin my experience of the actual game, like I did with WoW Classic.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...