Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   13167 views

Description

Diablo 2 Endgame Options Guide

More Resources:
Diablo 2 New Player Guide (24 Key Topics)
Runewords & Runes Cheat Sheet
Trade Value Guide (All Item Types)

1. The
Pandemonium Event
(Ubers)
1. The
Pandemonium Event
: (Now Available in Single Player) [Source]
You gather keys to open portals to fight Uber
Andariel
Uber Duriel
&
Uber Izual
to obtain the
Hellfire Torch
. (Large Charm with x3 random class skills, +10-20 to All Resistances/Attributes and 5% ctc lvl 10
Firestorm
on attack)

Important Notes:
-You gather the keys by killing 3 Unique monsters in Hell:
The Countess
(A1),
The Summoner
(A2) &
Nihlathak
(A5). They will not be easy to kill, especially over and over because a
Key
dropping isn't guaranteed.
-You need 3 sets of keys to open all 3 portals in the same game. Put 1 of each
Key
in the
Horadric Cube
and open the portal in A5.
-Once you kill the 3 Ubers they will drop
Diablo's Horn
Baal's Eye
&
Mephisto's Brain
. Combine these in the cube to open
Uber Tristram
, which you will need to kill all 3 to obtain the Torch.

WARNINGS:
-You must open all
Key
portals in the same game otherwise you may re-open a previously completed portal and have to farm more keys.
-The Torch that drops is NOT guaranteed to be for your class. It is random.

Tips To Get A Torch:
-The easiest/fastest way to kill the Ubers is with a Smiter and get them the basic gear needed to beat them. Killing them solo with any other class or build will be next to impossible.
-You can also pay a Smiter to help you. Many people create Smiters specifically to run a business farming torches and getting paid to run for other people.
-If you can at least farm enough
Key
sets or find some High Runes, you can trade those for a low-mid Torch or an unidentified torch.
2. Racing / Reaching level 99
2. Racing / Reaching level 99:
The level cap in this game is 99. But it takes hundreds of hours of farming experience in order to reach this level and many race for it at the start of each ladder to immortalize their player names on the boards. People also like to compete for 'world firsts' when it comes to killing
Baal
or other act bosses in all 3 difficulties.
-Where you farm XP matters A LOT, Here is the Experience Percent Per-Level Chart: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Guide:Di ... uide_v1.10
Diablo Clone
Hunting (Dclone)
3. Diablo Clone Hunting: (Now Available in Single Player!)
You sell
Stone of Jordan
's (1 for SP and ~70-120 for Battlenet) to summon
Uber Diablo
who drops the
Annihilus
small charm that has similar stats to the
Hellfire Torch
but with x1 to all skills and a bonus to experience gained of 5-10%.
-Sell your Soj to
Malah
in A5 and he should appear above the
Frigid Highlands
Way point
4. Holy Grail Farming
4. Holy Grail Farming:
Simply finding every item in the game. This can literally take several years depending on your luck & frequency of play. Some items are so rare that its essentially winning the actual lottery when it drops for you. (tyraels might, mang-songs ext)
Manual tracking: https://d2-holy-grail.herokuapp.com/

You can separate your noble quest into 3 Grail-categories:
The Runeword Grail - Create 1 of every runeword
The Set Item Grail - find 1 of every set item
The Unique Item Grail - find 1 of every unique

The Holy Grail is obtaining all three

Separated Further:
The Runeword Weapon Grail
The Runeword Armor Grail

The Unique Weapon Grail
The Unique Armor Grail
Then Unique Jewelry Grail
5. Magic Finding (MFing)
5. Magic Finding: also referred to as "MFing". Its the process of running the same bosses or areas over and over in an attempt to find more powerful runes and rare/unique items. This game has hundreds of items that are akin to winning the lottery when they drop.

Magic Find (MF) dramatically increases the Magic, Rare, Unique & Set items that drop as you slay demons!

Important Magic Find Tips:
1. First 100 MF is worth as much as the next 200. (Every little bit helps a ton at first!)
2. MF starts significant diminishing returns after the first 300 for everything but Magic items. (See MF Curve Here)
3. When stacking MF, first consider if it will reduce killing speed and/or survivability by too much. If you can kill much faster (or spend less time dying), its not always the best thing to just add more Magic Find.
4. Keep extra MF gear in your other weapon slots and swap to them right before you kill a Boss. MF is only calculated on killing blow.
5. If your Mercenary gets the killing blow, their MF is added to yours.
6. MF does NOT help Rune drops.

Farming Uniques & Sets: (NM = Nightmare, H = Hell)
-
Andariel
(NM-H)
-
Mephisto
(NM-H)
-
Ancient Tunnels
(H) /
Mausoleum
(H) [NO Cold Immunes]
-Pindelskin (H) >
Eldritch the Rectifier
(H) >
Shenk the Overseer
(H)
-The Pit (H) (Cave in A1
Tamoe Highland
)

Farming Runes, Uber Keys & Bases:
-
The Countess
(NM-H,
Key of Terror
)
-
Travincal
(H, Runes)
-
Secret Cow Level
(H, Elite Runeword Bases)
-
The Summoner
(H,
Key of Hate
) (Open chests at end of each platform for runes. You won't mind 4th-waying as much)
-
Lower Kurast
(H) (open chests/logs/stashes)
-
Nihlathak
(H,
Key of Destruction
)

Refer to the Item Finder for specific loot drops and odds in each area

6. Crafting & Gambling
6. Crafting & Gambling:
You can spend hundreds of hours crafting or gambling various rare items to use for hundreds of possible build combinations since in D2 the "best" items in the game for certain slots are actually random rares, not the uniques (or "legendaries" in D3). Even beating high level runewords in some cases.
-Start gambling Daggers at lvl 11 for a chance at the
Gull
Dagger
! (1:2000 chance)
Crafting list: https://d2.maxroll.gg/items/crafted-items
Gambling Calculator: https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2-drop-calculator#gamble=amu
7. Player VS Player (PVP)
7. Player VS Player: Many players love to min/max their PVP gear and fight other players.
WARNING: It is open world PVP online in D2 so any player can hostile you and attack you outside of town.
-Many players deck out lower level characters for low lvl duels as well. look for public games with "duel" or "pvp" in the name.
Tips to Avoid PVP:
-Make password protected games
-Level restrict your games so high lvl players cannot join. (low level PKers still exist)
-Play Single Player Mode (Characters in SP cannot be used or transferred to multiplayer)
8. Start Playing Hardcore (HC)
8. Start playing Hardcore mode and risk losing your character and gear upon Death!? *gasp* :O
-You will have to change up your tactics significantly when playing HC since Death is permanent.
-Keep Scrolls of Town Portal in your
Belt
for quick 1-
Key
escapes
-You can also press Esc to Save & Exit if about to die (*cluck*)
Havelox's HC Fury Druid Guide
9. Creating Fun Builds with Runewords
9. Creating Fun Builds with Runewords. There's a lot of gear in D2 that gives classes access to skills they don't have, like the runeword Passion allows any character to use the Paladin skill
Zeal
and the Barb skill
Berserk
. Or the Beast runeword gives any class the ability to transform into the Druids
Werebear
form. So the possibilities sky rocket for build diversity as you acquire these items.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC

Diablo 2 Endgame Options Guide

More Resources:
Diablo 2 New Player Guide (24 Key Topics)
Trade Value Guide (All Item Types)

1. The
Pandemonium Event
(Ubers)
1. The
Pandemonium Event
: (Now Available in Single Player) [Source]
You gather keys to open portals to fight Uber
Andariel
Uber Duriel
&
Uber Izual
to obtain the
Hellfire Torch
. (Large Charm with x3 random class skills, +10-20 to All Resistances/Attributes and 5% ctc lvl 10
Firestorm
on attack)

Important Notes:
-You gather the keys by killing 3 Unique monsters in Hell:
The Countess
(A1),
The Summoner
(A2) &
Nihlathak
(A5). They will not be easy to kill, especially over and over because a
Key
dropping isn't guaranteed.
-You need 3 sets of keys to open all 3 portals in the same game. Put 1 of each
Key
in the
Horadric Cube
and open the portal in A5.
-Once you kill the 3 Ubers they will drop
Diablo's Horn
Baal's Eye
&
Mephisto's Brain
. Combine these in the cube to open
Uber Tristram
, which you will need to kill all 3 to obtain the Torch.

WARNINGS:
-You must open all
Key
portals in the same game otherwise you may re-open a previously completed portal and have to farm more keys.
-The Torch that drops is NOT guaranteed to be for your class. It is random.

Tips To Get A Torch:
-The easiest/fastest way to kill the Ubers is with a Smiter and get them the basic gear needed to beat them. Killing them solo with any other class or build will be next to impossible.
-You can also pay a Smiter to help you. Many people create Smiters specifically to run a business farming torches and getting paid to run for other people.
-If you can at least farm enough
Key
sets or find some High Runes, you can trade those for a low-mid Torch or an unidentified torch.
2. Racing / Reaching level 99
2. Racing / Reaching level 99:
The level cap in this game is 99. But it takes hundreds of hours of farming experience in order to reach this level and many race for it at the start of each ladder to immortalize their player names on the boards. People also like to compete for 'world firsts' when it comes to killing
Baal
or other act bosses in all 3 difficulties.
-Where you farm XP matters A LOT, Here is the Experience Percent Per-Level Chart: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Guide:Di ... uide_v1.10
Diablo Clone
Hunting (Dclone)
3. Diablo Clone Hunting: (Now Available in Single Player!)
You sell
Stone of Jordan
's (1 for SP and ~70-120 for Battlenet) to summon
Uber Diablo
who drops the
Annihilus
small charm that has similar stats to the
Hellfire Torch
but with x1 to all skills and a bonus to experience gained of 5-10%.
-Sell your Soj to
Malah
in A5 and he should appear above the
Frigid Highlands
Way point
4. Holy Grail Farming
4. Holy Grail Farming:
Simply finding every item in the game. This can literally take several years depending on your luck & frequency of play. Some items are so rare that its essentially winning the actual lottery when it drops for you. (tyraels might, mang-songs ext)
Manual tracking: https://d2-holy-grail.herokuapp.com/

You can separate your noble quest into 3 Grail-categories:
The Runeword Grail - Create 1 of every runeword
The Set Item Grail - find 1 of every set item
The Unique Item Grail - find 1 of every unique

The Holy Grail is obtaining all three

Separated Further:
The Runeword Weapon Grail
The Runeword Armor Grail

The Unique Weapon Grail
The Unique Armor Grail
Then Unique Jewelry Grail
5. Magic Finding (MFing)
5. Magic Finding: also referred to as "MFing". Its the process of running the same bosses or areas over and over in an attempt to find more powerful runes and rare/unique items. This game has hundreds of items that are akin to winning the lottery when they drop.

Magic Find (MF) dramatically increases the Magic, Rare, Unique & Set items that drop as you slay demons!

Important Magic Find Tips:
1. First 100 MF is worth as much as the next 200. (Every little bit helps a ton at first!)
2. MF starts significant diminishing returns after the first 300 for everything but Magic items. (See MF Curve Here)
3. When stacking MF, first consider if it will reduce killing speed and/or survivability by too much. If you can kill much faster (or spend less time dying), its not always the best thing to just add more Magic Find.
4. Keep extra MF gear in your other weapon slots and swap to them right before you kill a Boss. MF is only calculated on killing blow.
5. If your Mercenary gets the killing blow, their MF is added to yours.
6. MF does NOT help Rune drops.

Farming Uniques & Sets: (NM = Nightmare, H = Hell)
-
Andariel
(NM-H)
-
Mephisto
(NM-H)
-
Ancient Tunnels
(H) /
Mausoleum
(H) [NO Cold Immunes]
-Pindelskin (H) >
Eldritch the Rectifier
(H) >
Shenk the Overseer
(H)
-The Pit (H) (Cave in A1
Tamoe Highland
)

Farming Runes, Uber Keys & Bases:
-
The Countess
(NM-H,
Key of Terror
)
-
Travincal
(H, Runes)
-
Secret Cow Level
(H, Elite Runeword Bases)
-
The Summoner
(H,
Key of Hate
) (Open chests at end of each platform for runes. You won't mind 4th-waying as much)
-
Lower Kurast
(H) (open chests/logs/stashes)
-
Nihlathak
(H,
Key of Destruction
)

Refer to the Item Finder for specific loot drops and odds in each area

6. Crafting & Gambling
6. Crafting & Gambling:
You can spend hundreds of hours crafting or gambling various rare items to use for hundreds of possible build combinations since in D2 the "best" items in the game for certain slots are actually random rares, not the uniques (or "legendaries" in D3). Even beating high level runewords in some cases.
-Start gambling Daggers at lvl 11 for a chance at the
Gull
Dagger
! (1:2000 chance)
Crafting list: https://d2.maxroll.gg/items/crafted-items
Gambling Calculator: https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2-drop-calculator#gamble=amu
7. Player VS Player (PVP)
7. Player VS Player: Many players love to min/max their PVP gear and fight other players.
WARNING: It is open world PVP online in D2 so any player can hostile you and attack you outside of town.
-Many players deck out lower level characters for low lvl duels as well. look for public games with "duel" or "pvp" in the name.
Tips to Avoid PVP:
-Make password protected games
-Level restrict your games so high lvl players cannot join. (low level PKers still exist)
-Play Single Player Mode (Characters in SP cannot be used or transferred to multiplayer)
8. Start Playing Hardcore (HC)
8. Start playing Hardcore mode and risk losing your character and gear upon Death!? *gasp* :O
-You will have to change up your tactics significantly when playing HC since Death is permanent.
-Keep Scrolls of Town Portal in your
Belt
for quick 1-
Key
escapes
-You can also press Esc to Save & Exit if about to die (*cluck*)
Havelox's HC Fury Druid Guide
9. Creating Fun Builds with Runewords
9. Creating Fun Builds with Runewords. There's a lot of gear in D2 that gives classes access to skills they don't have, like the runeword Passion allows any character to use the Paladin skill
Zeal
and the Barb skill
Berserk
. Or the Beast runeword gives any class the ability to transform into the Druids
Werebear
form. So the possibilities sky rocket for build diversity as you acquire these items.

thanks for the write up!
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
conir wrote: 2 years ago
thanks for the write up!
NP. i had a lot of free time on my hands and couldn't stand doing anything non-diablo related. But i also didn't want to play OG D2 and spoil my experience for D2R launch :P

Pandemonium Event
isnt in Single player? I thought D2R allows it

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
IronLesbian wrote: 2 years ago
Pandemonium Event
isnt in Single player? I though D2R allows it
Yea its in single player now.

Tavron 132

Paladin Europe PC
Very nice with all these informative posts @BillyMaysed! Always a noble act to share your knowledge and this especially holds true with all the new people we're getting with D2R!

"Seven Evils spawned of seven heads. Seven realms birthed from Death."
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
Tavron wrote: 2 years ago
Very nice with all these informative posts @BillyMaysed! Always a noble act to share your knowledge and this especially holds true with all the new people we're getting with D2R!
Thanks man. I spent a lot of time on all of them, but to be honest i originally started creating them for myself. haha. xD

I started creating lists right after D2R was announced because of the hype. So i started listing everything i knew and started researching the rest. i was BEYOND shocked at how many dozens of things i had NO CLUE about for the past 20 years and i started creating a detailed list of everything i didn't know, then it got so huge i figured i might as well add the basic stuff too and then share with everyone lol.

im extremely surprised my "D2R New Players Guide" went so viral on reddit. figured it *might* get a decent amount of likes lol. https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... ers_guide/

Tavron 132

Paladin Europe PC
Spoiler
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Thanks man. I spent a lot of time on all of them, but to be honest i originally started creating them for myself. haha. xD

I started creating lists right after D2R was announced because of the hype. So i started listing everything i knew and started researching the rest. i was BEYOND shocked at how many dozens of things i had NO CLUE about for the past 20 years and i started creating a detailed list of everything i didn't know, then it got so huge i figured i might as well add the basic stuff too and then share with everyone lol.

im extremely surprised my "D2R New Players Guide" went so viral on reddit. figured it *might* get a decent amount of likes lol. https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... ers_guide/
Well that's often how it starts isn't it :D Making something for yourself since you find it useful and then figure why not share it!

And yea, been researching since D2R announcement myself and boy is there a lot I learned that I knew nothing about!

"The only true Wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Sokrates --> spot on lol.

"Seven Evils spawned of seven heads. Seven realms birthed from Death."
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
And yea, been researching since D2R announcement myself and boy is there a lot I learned that I knew nothing about!
it blows my mind how insanely in-depth this game is for coming out 21 years ago lol. Making this and the New Players Guide has been a real trip, even as a long time veteran.

World-first D2R Ubers Kill video:

OP

Sorceress Americas PC
Update:
-Put each section under spoiler tags for easier reading
-Added a bit more information to every section.
-Currently working on adding more tips/guides for the HC and PVP sections. (any help appreciated)

Last bumped by BillyMaysed 2 years ago.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...