Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   344 views

Description

So I’ve been keeping small charms that roll a good primary stat even if they have a good def roll as their secondary stat (frw, life, fhr, ect), but is it actually worth it?

What builds are out there where a high defence is actually a part of it? Are there any?

Or should i just leave them on the floor somewhere? (I usually off my stuff to
Tyrael

Can be used to make Runewords:

So I’ve been keeping small charms that roll a good primary stat even if they have a good def roll as their secondary stat (frw, life, fhr, ect), but is it actually worth it?

What builds are out there where a high defence is actually a part of it? Are there any?

Or should i just leave them on the floor somewhere? (I usually off my stuff to
Tyrael

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
I'm confused..
the way you phrased that makes me think you're asking "should I bother keeping solid charms where one affix is defensive, such as life, FHR, .." in which case the answer in a very obvious "yes, yes you should". 3/20/20, 5/20, ... most of the good/truly valuable charms have a defensive stat on them, if not two.

And yet, the follow-up makes me think you're actually specifically talking about charms having +defense on them which makes a lot more sense as a question as it isn't quite as obvious. :)

For that one, defense on charms is a prefix. As a result, you're primarily competing against dmg/AR, elemental damage, mana and resistances. For large charms, you're also looking at MF as a possible prefix. And for grand, you're additionally looking at both, MF and skills.

With that in mind, the dmg, AR and elemental dmg bits will probably beat def by a clear mile in any scenario on a weapon-based build but for casters, those are entirely irrelevant.
Resistances are obv. critical as a stat but if you're already capped anyways, it may be effectively useless on charms.
Mana is a solid addition for many a build but 0 concern for various others.

So for small charms, I could see a distinct group (albeit niche/rare) that would like def on their charms. Not so much "to get def" but rather "to get something with at least SOME theoretical value added".

Large is effectively the same thing for anyone who doesn't care about MF or even wants to actively avoid it on a base finder.

Grand however, I don't see. Sure, def is still a theoretical benefit for everyone but even if you don't need any of the other stuff, every build out there will get some sort of benefit from extra skills that I dare say will outweigh def 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time (just for the sake of not blanket-stating 100 flat..though it probably really is 100 ^^).
OP
Yea sorry i meant i have a few small charms that i kept primarily because they have +25-30 def (stalwart) and secondary mods.

But the +def would come at the cost of other mods (fine, all res, ect)

In my mind there was a use for the +def stat, but the best i could think of was a
Concentration
barb… maybe with fork or +life, but meh
something called a "Defiant" build
charm guide circa 2009
https://www.purediablo.com/strategy/dia ... ide-charms

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...