diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   281 views

Description

Hi.
1. Is
Confuse
good option for bonemancer?
2. How to handle with no-life regeneration for this character? Potions only?
3. Generaly - is it a good character? Got 92 lvl, over 7000 dps on
Bone Spear
, but cleaning speed is terrible. P1 - ok, but online party... and this corps explosion nerf with more number of players, it's weird.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi.
1. Is
Confuse
good option for bonemancer?
2. How to handle with no-life regeneration for this character? Potions only?
3. Generaly - is it a good character? Got 92 lvl, over 7000 dps on
Bone Spear
, but cleaning speed is terrible. P1 - ok, but online party... and this corps explosion nerf with more number of players, it's weird.
1. No, decrep or maybe amp damage
2. Use a
Prayer
merc with Insight, Cure
Helm
and coh, keeps the mana up too
3. On p1 sure, but if you’re playing with a group, nah, not much value added
I have a level 93 bonemancer too and honestly it's more of a fun build than very powerful. I enjoy "trying" to use bonewall in a helpful way lol. I use a "White"
Wand
and also added 1 point in skeletons, which actually help a lot as a diversion without any significant skill investment. I got
Decrepify
from my
Wand
, but if I didn't have it I'd probably use
Amplify Damage
when in a party.
Confuse
sounds like buckets of fun though, please let me know if you try it out.

Idk about the regeneration, I guess either the merc or just use pots. It's never been an issue for me.

Necrarch 1612Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
1- Agreed, Decrep and Amp are the only curses uses by most Bone necros.

2- Enigma also gives 15 life per kill - enough for most stuff, you're hardly getting hit with
Bone Armor

3- Bone necro's strengths are :
- Can farm anywhere (was the case already before sunders, now most classes can do the same) ;
- Strong in PvP.
- And it's super safe, so HC friendly

- But clearly in p8, the overall DPS is lower than what other staple builds can do. In p1 / p3 it works all fine.

As for
Confuse
, the skill point investment is rarely worth it, but it's definitely fun. I have it with a Delirium Act 1 merc on my assassin : an absolute wonder of crowd control.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Maldoror wrote: 2 months ago
I have a level 93 bonemancer too and honestly it's more of a fun build than very powerful. I enjoy "trying" to use bonewall in a helpful way lol. I use a "White"
Wand
and also added 1 point in skeletons, which actually help a lot as a diversion without any significant skill investment. I got
Decrepify
from my
Wand
, but if I didn't have it I'd probably use
Amplify Damage
when in a party.
Confuse
sounds like buckets of fun though, please let me know if you try it out.

Idk about the regeneration, I guess either the merc or just use pots. It's never been an issue for me.
Tesla cast it quite often beacause of the dual Dream. It helps a lot on P8, ideally when it's getting hot. Mobs fight each other, U can tele to most dangerous one and eliminate one by one. Great crowd control.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Bone necros are good to great at what they do (which can be just about anything rly..though ubers are admittedly not the most fun thing for them), despite not quite reaching the insane farming speeds of say a stacked sorc or Mosaic sin.

The thing about Bone necros though is that you actually have to know what you're doing, why
Bone Spear
is in fact not always the best choice and how to play them right. Positioning is rather important to really maximize their potential.
That's actually a large part of why a Bone necro has been my #1 pick since the olden days I suppose...there's more than 1 button and skill actually matters quite a bit, unlike most top farming builds.

Confuse
is a cute gimmick but nothing really worth building anything around. Even more so because as a real Bone necro, you will have exactly 1 spare skill point at lvl 99. Well, or you get lvl 2
Bone Armor
but I'm too OCD for that. :P
Dim Vision
is a solid, fun and situationally (early game) actually quite useful choice for that pt.
Confuse
...would eat into "real" skills by a point as it'd take one more to reach so that's just not an option imo.

Sufficient life regen, as others pointed out, can easily be obtained via a
Prayer
/Insight merc (Cure optional). Though honestly, Bone necros don't take damage. Or at least hardly any (I suppose the occasional random projectile might end up actually hitting you every so often). Since you auto-heal in every new game, odds are, you won't even need any regen anyways and never run low (assuming later stages with some gear and practice and whatnot).

Disclaimer:
When I say Bone necro, I actually mean Bone necro...none of that CE spam nonsense. :P
Necrarch wrote: 2 months ago

As for
Confuse
, the skill point investment is rarely worth it, but it's definitely fun. I have it with a Delirium Act 1 merc on my assassin : an absolute wonder of crowd control.
Oh yeah, definitely get it from a
Wand
so you can skip the other skills to reach it.

Wait, I never thought of Delirium on act 1 merc. What happens if she's holding Faith? Does
Fanaticism
still apply if she transforms? Edit: Just checked, and it seems she does! Oh my, something new to try out. :D

Necrarch 1612Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Maldoror wrote: 2 months ago
Necrarch wrote: 2 months ago

As for
Confuse
Oh yeah, definitely get it from a
Wand
so you can skip the other skills to reach it.

Wait, I never thought of Delirium on act 1 merc. What happens if she's holding Faith? Does
Fanaticism
still apply if she transforms? Edit: Just checked, and it seems she does! Oh my, something new to try out. :D
Check this : forums/manic-pixie-dreamgirl-an-alterna ... 65231.html

I use mine with Ice.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus

Necrarch 1612Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 months ago
Bone necros are good to great at what they do (which can be just about anything rly..though ubers are admittedly not the most fun thing for them), despite not quite reaching the insane farming speeds of say a stacked sorc or Mosaic sin.

The thing about Bone necros though is that you actually have to know what you're doing, why
Bone Spear
is in fact not always the best choice and how to play them right. Positioning is rather important to really maximize their potential.
That's actually a large part of why a Bone necro has been my #1 pick since the olden days I suppose...there's more than 1 button and skill actually matters quite a bit, unlike most top farming builds.

Confuse
is a cute gimmick but nothing really worth building anything around. Even more so because as a real Bone necro, you will have exactly 1 spare skill point at lvl 99. Well, or you get lvl 2
Bone Armor
but I'm too OCD for that. :P
Dim Vision
is a solid, fun and situationally (early game) actually quite useful choice for that pt.
Confuse
...would eat into "real" skills by a point as it'd take one more to reach so that's just not an option imo.

Sufficient life regen, as others pointed out, can easily be obtained via a
Prayer
/Insight merc (Cure optional). Though honestly, Bone necros don't take damage. Or at least hardly any (I suppose the occasional random projectile might end up actually hitting you every so often). Since you auto-heal in every new game, odds are, you won't even need any regen anyways and never run low (assuming later stages with some gear and practice and whatnot).

Disclaimer:
When I say Bone necro, I actually mean Bone necro...none of that CE spam nonsense. :P

Schnorki, what are your 109 fixed points : I assume 20 BS/BS/BP/BW/
Teeth
+1 CE +1 BA, so 102 in P&B.
4 in curses to reach Decrep (or only Amp?). Then... what ?
Iron Golem
? Clay only ?

Annihilus

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
No need for some aura stick
Iron Golem
on a (non-CE) Bone necro.

And watching bosses break themselves and simply shut down from clay + decrep is just too fun to not occasionally do merely for the fun of it. :P

Necrarch 1612Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
OK, so
Clay Golem
Golem Mastery
Summon Resist
for the Summoning Tree to reach the 109. Clear !

Annihilus

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation