Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   213 views

Description

Sometimes when fighting
Baal
his life bar doesn't show on the middle top screen. Is this a known bug?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Sometimes when fighting
Baal

Bisu 369

PC
bigbikefan wrote: 1 month ago
Sometimes when fighting
Baal

Haven't seen that myself so far.

Too bad Blizzard doesn't care too much about bug reporting and fixing at this point.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Are you talking about console?

If not (i.e. if on PC), you don't get a life bar just for fighting him. Bosses behave the same as any other mob in that you only see the life bar while hovering over them.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 month ago
Are you talking about console?

If not (i.e. if on PC), you don't get a life bar just for fighting him. Bosses behave the same as any other mob in that you only see the life bar while hovering over them.
That's exactly what I meant when I said "fighting". The only way to hit
Baal
with a
Frenzy
barbarian is to move cursor onto
Baal
's figure. Yet, the bar is nowhere to be found on the screen. I've experienced that on multiple occasions with various characters. I don't know how to take a screenshot so mouse cursor stays visible on it. Perhaps there are some apps written for MS Windows for that. I play on PC platform only.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Odd.

Couldn't remember ever actively seeing some unexpected behavior like that so I did a couple quick
Baal
runs on my
Frenzy
barb just to check if he behaves any different. I still don't see anything unexpected but what you're seeing might be explained by the normal
Frenzy
behavior:

- If you click on
Baal
to attack and keep your mouse over him, you keep attacking and see his life bar.
- If you click on
Baal
to attack and then move your mouse away from him but keep the button held down to stay locked, you keep attacking and see his life bar.
- If you hold your
Frenzy
button down BEFORE hovering over him and then merely move towards him/your mouse over him with the button already and still held, you will start proximity-attacking
Baal
and you will NOT see a life bar, despite attacking him and your mouse being over him.

That last point above might be what's causing your confusion?
That's not a
Baal
specific thing though but rather normal
Frenzy
behavior as proximity-attacks (for lack of a better word) don't technically lock onto the target and hence don't show a life bar for any such target.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...