Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   555 views

Would you try this kind of a "special MF grail build" out?

Poll ended at 1 month ago

Yes, I like to suffer! (0%)
No votes
No, thank you. I'm not that crazy! [scratching intensifies] (67%)
I have already done it and yup I'm still here... (33%)
Total votes: 6
Total votes: 6

Absolute max MF [for ultimate masochists only] -- vanilla D2R (+vote)

No data yet

Description

I know all about the diminishing returns of high magic find, BUT if someone wondered how would it look like if you were to have max MF possible (I think) and still somewhat fair clear speed (I guess) at least on low players count, you can check it out on this link:
https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/bf3ev0yi

If you are looking for absolute max MF of any class, achieved with Merc's help, I founded this little video guide on the Youtube:

Now the real question is... Are you a real D2R masochist to try it out? Just here to hear/see your thoughts and experiences! :)
Description by TheDoo

Can be used to make Runewords:

TheDoo 218

Europe PC
I know all about the diminishing returns of high magic find, BUT if someone wondered how would it look like if you were to have max MF possible (I think) and still somewhat fair clear speed (I guess) at least on low players count, you can check it out on this link:
https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/bf3ev0yi

If you are looking for absolute max MF of any class, achieved with Merc's help, I founded this little video guide on the Youtube:

Now the real question is... Are you a real D2R masochist to try it out? Just here to hear/see your thoughts and experiences! :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
Cool build, but sorry dude, after terrorized Andy became a thing, I basically don’t worry about mf anymore. I still have my hammerdin sitting around 350mf when catacombs are terrorized, but other than that i kinda don’t want mf. Nowadays im looking for those ultra rare bases for runewords - staffs, necro heads, barb helms, Druid pelts, pally maces and
Greater Claws
. So most of my characters are running as little MF as possible!

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
I'll never understand why people go through the effort of making a video when they can't even be bothered to get the actual gear they're trying to showcase first. (Ignoring the whole concept of "cutting together random drop scenes defeats the purpose of a supposed realistic depiction of outcome".)

Aaaaanyways... forums/greates-mf-value-for-each-class-t1470379.html
OP

TheDoo 218

Europe PC
Oh... Daaaammiiit! And I even searched for earlier posts but I only put into search combos like "max magic find" and "biggest mf possible" and stuff like that. Now I'm sadge, really thought nobody posted this kind of thing. :(
Thanks Schnorki! Still I appreciate the voting. xd

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
TheDoo wrote: 1 month ago
[..], really thought nobody posted this kind of thing. :( [..]
Rule of thumb:
If you can think of it, someone has already posted about it. :P

The linked one was only like a week ago and still on page 2 so easy enough for me to recall and include here but even that was most certainly not the first time that's been discussed here.
(Way too lazy to go digging up the old ones though ^^)

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
With regards to the actual 'question' though:
The best (read: most bearable) approach to the concept I've found myself wasn't to go sorc but to instead max out a barb and have your merc set up in a way that has him doing the actual work. That way, you feed in the actual max MF possible from your barb while merrily horking behind the merc to pump out even more shiny golden loot.

The only downside (beyond having to endure watching your merc do all the work ^^) is that if you really want the merc to perform, he won't quite have the max possible MF on his end as that severely limits his kill speed. With a fair share of your loot coming from horks though, merc MF doesn't play into all of it anyways.
Last bumped by TheDoo 1 month ago.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...