Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
40 replies   1448 views

Description

Hi all

Maybe it just me being picky, but why do people make a posting stating x items for sale and add the perf flag to the posting? Then when one looks at the posting itself, the item is anything but perf.

Most of the item, “ xx ed off from perf”, “ xx skill off from perf”, or “ almost perf, 1-2 def off from perx”. Guys, if its 1 off of anything, it is no longer perf :)

Everytime i click on those postings hoping to see actual perf items for sale, i ended up being dissappointed :)

I am actually seeing quite a few fake perf posting trades for sale.

Maybe it just me… and everyone is ok with this kind of posting?
Description by d2rppa69

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi all

Maybe it just me being picky, but why do people make a posting stating x items for sale and add the perf flag to the posting? Then when one looks at the posting itself, the item is anything but perf.

Most of the item, “ xx ed off from perf”, “ xx skill off from perf”, or “ almost perf, 1-2 def off from perx”. Guys, if its 1 off of anything, it is no longer perf :)

Everytime i click on those postings hoping to see actual perf items for sale, i ended up being dissappointed :)

I am actually seeing quite a few fake perf posting trades for sale.

Maybe it just me… and everyone is ok with this kind of posting?

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
It is a pet peeve of mine to be honest. There are some people I know do this often and I just started ignoring their posts. Perfect to me means... perfect. Not 1 from perfect but 100% perfect.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
I'm with you on this one, it's really irritating. But there is a caveat for me. There are items that have multiple rollable affixes. Some of those affixes are valuable, some are not. If most roll perfect but one doesn't, I find it ok to list it as perfect. Especially if that non-perfect rolled affix isn't one of the desirable ones. For example, I posted a
Heaven's Light
a while back. It had 300ed (perfect), 3 paladin skills (perfect), 2 sockets (perfect), +15 to LAEDK (not perfect). I listed it as Perfect.
But when not a single roll is actually perfect? That aggravates me. Stop wasting my time with these click-bait postings. I mentally blacklist those sellers and just refuse to do business with them.

I thought about recommending adding a 'near-perfect' tag to posts, but then everyone would use it on everything.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
I just ignore such "perf" designation. If I decide to check the item details, and it turns out to be less than perfect, that gives up a "tell" (like in poker) about the seller to exercise caution when/if dealing with them in the future.
Also, unidentified is not perfect.

Bisu 369

PC
departure wrote: 1 month ago
Also, unidentified is not perfect.
Generally true, except for those that you can tell are perfect without IDing.
For example:
148def Unid
Stormshield
541def Unid
Tal Rasha's Guardianship
etc etc.
Indicates that your item is ''perfect'' or ''very close to perfect''

I understand it can be frustrating when it's far from perfect or when you're looking for a 100% perfect item, but that's how the tag was made

NOT PLAYING MUCH LATELY; ON MY MINECRAFT/MELEE GRIND
You can always make alternative offers with Keys.
I don't really trade in pgems.
Can trade on PC and Switch

second account JuliePayette#1511
Bisu wrote: 1 month ago
Generally true, except for those that you can tell are perfect without IDing.
For example:
148def Unid
Stormshield
541def Unid
Tal Rasha's Guardianship
etc etc.
Fair enough. I was mostly commenting on things like
Annihilus
and torches, where all of the value is in the ID.
OP
JulieP wrote: 1 month ago
perf.png

I understand it can be frustrating when it's far from perfect or when you're looking for a 100% perfect item, but that's how the tag was made
True

But like someone mentioned, the items with multiple variables, the most sought after variables should be perf, other variables can be near perf, in this case, perf tag should be ok to use?

For me, it just ppl put perf tags on items with a few def from perf, 1 of 3 variables is perf, or single variable with 1-2 pt off from perf. This would be misleading imo.

Ei: these shouldnt have perf tag applies to them: 29 all resist mara, Exile with perf def roll but low aura rolls. or titan with 200 ed but with low leech roll…

I guess ppl have different view of perf and near perfect….

Oh well

JulieP wrote: 1 month ago
I view 'near-perfect' in the tag descripting to equate to my
Heaven's Light
example. 3 of the 4 rollable affixes are perfect, and is safe to label as a 'perfect' or 'near-perfect' roll. But a 29 Mara, I would not grant the same latitude. I guess this is what happens with phrases like 'near-perfect', they are subjective, and my definition varies from someone else's.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
As mods, that's always a delicate question.

Depending on items, "perfect" does not mean exactly the same thing.

For example, I did post a 20/20/5 Anni saying it's perfect. It's not, but in the wagon of Annis around, a 20/20 is among the perfects, as XP is the least important roll (for most people at least).

On the other hand, a Mara that is not 30 is NOT perfect, same for a 6/5 CTA (a 5/6 would be more discussable). And 29 tagged perfect IS annoying, granted.

We mods tend to be flexible, as we don't have time to regulate all wrong uses of the tag - we have some reports from time to time for this -, and it seems it's NOT excessively used for really far from perfect stuff. Sent a few PMs asking for the tag removal in some cases.

Anyway, to sum up, it's not easy to regulate, and we count on the fact that everyone is reasonable enough not to mess up too much with the tag - so far, seems quite OK.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Necrarch wrote: 1 month ago

For example, I did post a 20/20/5 Anni saying it's perfect. It's not, but in the wagon of Annis around, a 20/20 is among the perfects, as XP is the least important roll (for most people at least).

On the other hand, a Mara that is not 30 is NOT perfect, same for a 6/5 CTA (a 5/6 would be more discussable). And 29 tagged perfect IS annoying, granted.

We mods tend to be flexible, as we don't have time to regulate all wrong uses of the tag - we have some reports from time to time for this -, and it seems it's NOT excessively used for really far from perfect stuff. Sent a few PMs asking for the tag removal in some cases.

Anyway, to sum up, it's not easy to regulate, and we count on the fact that everyone is reasonable enough not to mess up too much with the tag - so far, seems quite OK.
I agree with your Anni example. If I came across that trade post and saw 20/20/5, I would agree with the 'perfect' tag. I didn't get the impression that @d2rppa69 was asking for mod help in clearing up the tags, more of a collective frustration and wanting users themselves to be better about using the 'perfect' tag. But I could be wrong.

OP
Knappogue wrote: 1 month ago
Necrarch wrote: 1 month ago

I agree with your Anni example. If I came across that trade post and saw 20/20/5, I would agree with the 'perfect' tag. I didn't get the impression that @d2rppa69 was asking for mod help in clearing up the tags, more of a collective frustration and wanting users themselves to be better about using the 'perfect' tag. But I could be wrong.
True

Dont want mods to regulate this tag :)

Just my take on the current selling thread with ppl putting perf tag on them thats all :)

What really gets me about the inaccurate 'perfect' posts, is how it messes up the price history of something. Let's continue with Mara's. A perfect Mara's (on xbox atleast) goes for like
Jah
to
Jah
+
Ist
). If someone tagged a 29 Mara as perfect and sold it for a
Ber
. I'd see that in the trade history and would wonder what is going on with prices. A new person might also get the wrong impressing and undervalue their 30 roll Mara.

When I sell 35/12 vipermagi, I mark it as perf. But 35/10 I'd consider non-perfect, difference with full perf is too big. I have 2/50/10/12 dweb, if I decide to sell it I'll mark it as perf too, because all important variables are perfect or close to perfect. But if item has only one random stat close to perfect, I don't mark it as perfect.

My time zone is GMT+3, I am usually available for trades between 6:00-10:00 PM
Glad this got brought up cause I didn't want to be the one to do so. At first I found it kinda shady that people would exploit the term perfect to help sell their items. From the beginning of joining here I've took notice of this right away. But as time went on I began accepting this method as it does for very least showcase near "perfect" items. Used quotations cause as previously discussed not all items need be 100% perfect down the board

My conclusion was that Perfect is in the Eye of the Beholder. As some items You may view as Perfect may not be listed as such. Plus also, who has the time to regulate all those trades?! I for one has followed this herd and listed a non-perfect item as perfect. But I don't really know any better as a D2R Noob. For Context this is the "perfect" Crescent Moon with 220% ED (Max) But Anti-Perfect Magic Absorb of +9. I did not think either stat was really important so why not slap that blue ribbon on there!? Is it truly perfect? No. Is it Perfect to some? I'd like to believe Yes. Therefor I do not feel am trying to Manipulate anyone

However I do agree on Labeling items Perfect, then Describe the item as Near Perfect for being 1 or 2 points off. Remove the Perfect Tag and just begin with "NEAR PERFECT" in your description. That should still Pop and catch those few eyes looking for those near perfect items. So let's not get too bent out of shape over this. Cause to find PERFECT Items is Diablo is Super Rare. Which case you'd only see less then 1% of the listed items Tagged as Perfect

Bottom Line: Everyone has different opinions on what is Perfect. Best to accept this and View the given Tag as a Range from "Almost" to 100% Perfection

All Trades are Negotiable. Long Live
Nihlathak
Ah, i remember trying to trade for hundos back in the day, it’s a hot topic. I think there’s 2 considerations, and item can be functionally perfect or 100% perfect.

I’ve rolled a lot of Ebotd, in many bases, and rolling them multiple times is damn annoying, I’m looking for the 400ed and 15life leach rolls… but in practice anywhere at or higher than 395ed and 14+ life leach I’ll take. While there is a difference between the two, the difference is sooo small I won’t notice it. So for me that’s functional perfect. (I know with a boat load of variables on all the items functional perfect could mean different things to different people even for the same item).

If i was really into having the best and nothing less, or maybe into PVP, I’d look for the 100% perfect results, but knowing how rare those are, I’d also mentally prepare myself to have to wade through a lot of near-perfects.

Maybe having 2 tags would work? “Functionally perfect” and “100% perfect”? …he said knowing everyone then would then just list their trades as “functionally perfect”, as it’s a subjective assessment, thus making the problem worse…

Ah sorry, maybe if you’re looking for that hundo, it’s just the way it goes
OP
If this suggestion makes any senseC it would be to have this:

Perf tag - current tag
High rolled tag - maybe could be implemented. Without the word perf tag, this seems more plausible for al those peeps out there that have high roll stat items but not perf or near perf

And for peeps how looking for perf items wont be irrigated now since it is not tagged with “perf”…

Soultego wrote: 1 month ago
Glad this got brought up cause I didn't want to be the one to do so. At first I found it kinda shady that people would exploit the term perfect to help sell their items. From the beginning of joining here I've took notice of this right away. But as time went on I began accepting this method as it does for very least showcase near "perfect" items. Used quotations cause as previously discussed not all items need be 100% perfect down the board

My conclusion was that Perfect is in the Eye of the Beholder. As some items You may view as Perfect may not be listed as such. Plus also, who has the time to regulate all those trades?! I for one has followed this herd and listed a non-perfect item as perfect. But I don't really know any better as a D2R Noob. For Context this is the "perfect" Crescent Moon with 220% ED (Max) But Anti-Perfect Magic Absorb of +9. I did not think either stat was really important so why not slap that blue ribbon on there!? Is it truly perfect? No. Is it Perfect to some? I'd like to believe Yes. Therefor I do not feel am trying to Manipulate anyone

However I do agree on Labeling items Perfect, then Describe the item as Near Perfect for being 1 or 2 points off. Remove the Perfect Tag and just begin with "NEAR PERFECT" in your description. That should still Pop and catch those few eyes looking for those near perfect items. So let's not get too bent out of shape over this. Cause to find PERFECT Items is Diablo is Super Rare. Which case you'd only see less then 1% of the listed items Tagged as Perfect

Bottom Line: Everyone has different opinions on what is Perfect. Best to accept this and View the given Tag as a Range from "Almost" to 100% Perfection
Lol at some of the posts above with issues on the definition of "Perfect".

But..colorised above is what i can concur and indeed makes the most practical sense.

It really depends on the buyer and what modifier they are looking at for the premium. Some variables are not critical yet perfect. Some variables are desired at Perfect but their value got nicked due to less than perfect secondary variables. So it really depends on what the person wants.

It's a good guideline to differentiate from the usual & it should be left at the current status quo. No need to make changes.

Or, remove the tag totally and then leave everyone to figure out what is perfect or not, which is all about product knowledge really.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
I'm not fussed to be honest, and here's why.

People are more likely to buy from someone they trust, and abuse of the Perfect tag labels the seller as untrustworthy. It may deceive a few newbies, but experienced traders - the ones with the most to trade - won't fall for it.

At the end of the day, the deceptive seller gets fewer trades, which means more for the rest of us.

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...